LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Joined the 460 side!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-15, 12:16 PM
7milesout
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts

CarGuy - Very nice, as others have said. I'm new in here as well. Well, I feel like a new guy, because I keep my vehicles long term. I picked mine up about Thanksgiving timing 2014. Mine is a 2010, and had 13,800 miles on it. It still has less than 20k miles, that's after a cross-country drive to bring it home. It's a great vehicle, but you already know that coming from the 430. I see 430's around town here and to me, those vehicles still look GREAT.

Anyway, as a new owner, I recommend you do 2 things: 1) Get the Carista app, and 2) buy and install the BeatSonic motion lock-out override. I have no affiliation with either. But these 2 apps have allowed me to overcome the only 2 frustrations I had with the car. I didn't like the rear window shade dropping down when I reverse, and didn't like functions becoming inactive when the vehicle is in motion.

7milesout
Old 06-01-15, 02:13 PM
enoch861
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Congratulations and beautiful car!
If you are thinking of an extended warranty, as I'll tell everyone else, check with your local Credit Union and see what they have for extended warranties. For example in your case my Credit Union has a 84month 75k mile platinum warranty for $1300 with no deductible. I believe it's better than the 24 month 100k you get from Lexus.
Old 06-01-15, 02:52 PM
ShamanLS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations!! Such a fantastic color

I hope you all the best with your car
Old 06-02-15, 08:27 PM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 7milesout
CarGuy - Very nice, as others have said. I'm new in here as well. Well, I feel like a new guy, because I keep my vehicles long term. I picked mine up about Thanksgiving timing 2014. Mine is a 2010, and had 13,800 miles on it. It still has less than 20k miles, that's after a cross-country drive to bring it home. It's a great vehicle, but you already know that coming from the 430. I see 430's around town here and to me, those vehicles still look GREAT.

Anyway, as a new owner, I recommend you do 2 things: 1) Get the Carista app, and 2) buy and install the BeatSonic motion lock-out override. I have no affiliation with either. But these 2 apps have allowed me to overcome the only 2 frustrations I had with the car. I didn't like the rear window shade dropping down when I reverse, and didn't like functions becoming inactive when the vehicle is in motion.

7milesout
Thanks man! I remember seeing your thread a few months back, and a belated congrats! Wow 13k mi is a sweet find for sure. The Carista app looks pretty cool and I will definitely check that out. BeatSonic is cool as well, but for the same reason why I never got ViasTech for the 430 - I am hesitant to take apart part of my instrument panel. Plus while lockout is annoying, I can live with it (though I really wanted to play with the features more during my drive home!). Many thanks for your suggestions. I am sure I will continue to learn many great things from here!

Originally Posted by enoch861
Congratulations and beautiful car!
If you are thinking of an extended warranty, as I'll tell everyone else, check with your local Credit Union and see what they have for extended warranties. For example in your case my Credit Union has a 84month 75k mile platinum warranty for $1300 with no deductible. I believe it's better than the 24 month 100k you get from Lexus.
Thank you! That is interesting and I read about that on here. I am actually not part of a credit union (used to be a few yrs back), so not sure if I have to be? Do you have any issues with Lexus not honoring the warranty (I am assuming you don't from what you are saying)? I will certainly keep it in mind, thanks!

Originally Posted by ShamanLS
Congratulations!! Such a fantastic color

I hope you all the best with your car
Thanks! I am certainly enjoying it tons, glad to see everyone like the Nebula so much .
Old 06-02-15, 10:27 PM
enoch861
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by CarGuy89
Thank you! That is interesting and I read about that on here. I am actually not part of a credit union (used to be a few yrs back), so not sure if I have to be? Do you have any issues with Lexus not honoring the warranty (I am assuming you don't from what you are saying)? I will certainly keep it in mind, thanks!
You do have to be part of a Credit Union to get any of it's benefits. Although I'm not sure if you'd had to have financed with them or not. At the end of the day, no reason why you shouldn't be part of a Credit Union.
The local Lexus dealer has no issues accepting third party warranties. I have not done a claim yet since I just got the car about a month ago so I can't say anything on that front. It was extremely inexpensive (I got mine for less than 900 bucks) so there's no reason not have it even if you never have issues.
But if anything ever comes up I'll make sure to update everyone here as to how smooth the experience was.
Old 06-02-15, 10:34 PM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

beautiful color combo!

welcome to the LS family
Old 06-03-15, 09:53 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Thanks buddy! A belated congrats to you as well, I remember seeing your thread not too long ago!

Sorry im so late responding. Thank you kindly good Sir! greatly appreciated. I feel a bit like R Z whenever I look at the car in my garage or sit inside of it... it always feels new to me. How's your experience been thus far with the LS?
Old 06-03-15, 08:31 PM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by enoch861
You do have to be part of a Credit Union to get any of it's benefits. Although I'm not sure if you'd had to have financed with them or not. At the end of the day, no reason why you shouldn't be part of a Credit Union.
The local Lexus dealer has no issues accepting third party warranties. I have not done a claim yet since I just got the car about a month ago so I can't say anything on that front. It was extremely inexpensive (I got mine for less than 900 bucks) so there's no reason not have it even if you never have issues.
But if anything ever comes up I'll make sure to update everyone here as to how smooth the experience was.
Sounds good man keep us posted. Can't go wrong for under 900. I am most likely just going to wait a bit longer since I still have over a yr of factory warranty left. I will certainly have to look more into this when I get closer to buying. Thanks for all the great info!

Originally Posted by peteybabes
beautiful color combo!

welcome to the LS family
Thanks man! I really like your car, great color (very similar the gray on my 430) and you have the very rare exec rear seat pack. I honestly don't think I came across any in my search for the '11-'12s, save for a 600 here or there. Thanks!

Originally Posted by CRowe14
Thanks buddy! A belated congrats to you as well, I remember seeing your thread not too long ago!

Sorry im so late responding. Thank you kindly good Sir! greatly appreciated. I feel a bit like R Z whenever I look at the car in my garage or sit inside of it... it always feels new to me. How's your experience been thus far with the LS?
No worries at all! I agree 100%, sometimes I walk around my garage just to admire her . I sat inside today to program some speed dial numbers and couldn't help but notice just how new everything felt, looked, and smelled. I have absolutely loved my 460! Currently on break so she sits in the garage quite a bit. Truth be told though I spend more time reading the owners manual than driving. Finally finished the 1st huge book. Learned a few little tips/tricks!
Old 06-06-15, 07:24 PM
01gs3
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very beautiful. Nice find with low miles.
Old 06-07-15, 08:06 PM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

^Thank you very much!