LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Sun Roof mis-aligned

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-15, 12:10 PM
LS2k
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Sun Roof mis-aligned

I noticed that the back of my sun roof is not perfectly aligned with the roof line. When i push on it from the inside it goes up and aligns properly so i was wondering if there is an "easy" way to adjust it so that it stays flushed permanently or does this requires a trip to a body shop?

Last edited by LS2k; 05-28-15 at 09:01 AM.
Old 05-28-15, 08:49 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by LS2k
I noticed that the back of my sun roof is not perfectly aligned with the roof line. When i push on it from the inside it goes up and aligns properly so i was wondering if there is an "easy" way to adjust it so that it stays flushed permanently or does this requires a trip to a body shop?
Before anything else, have you tried a reset? It's in your manual. I forget how to start the process, but when you initiate it, the sunroof will go through a bunch of sequences, (opening closing, etc) and essentially factory resets the roof.
Old 05-28-15, 08:59 PM
LS2k
Intermediate

Thanks for info, I'll definitely look into this.
Old 05-29-15, 06:12 AM
sapstar66
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default here it is...

Initialization Procedure

NOTE

Before performing this initialization procedure:

^ Make sure that there is no foreign matter on the guide rail.

^ Make sure that the guide rails are not deformed.

NOTE

^ Do NOT switch any electrically powered systems ON and OFF during initialization.

^ If battery voltage fluctuates by 0.5V or more, initialization will fail.

^ Permanent ECU damage will occur if power is disconnected while the moon roof motor is operating.

^ Do NOT move the vehicle during re-initialization.

^ Do NOT apply strong force to the vehicle during the re-initialization, such as closing the door.

Initialization Procedure

Before beginning this procedure, make sure the moon roof is fully closed.

NOTE

If the moon roof will not close automatically use manual mode to close the moon roof. Quickly press and release the switch until the moon is closed.

1. Switch ON the ignition(IG) by pressing the START/STOP button twice or turn the engine key to IG position.

2. Push and hold the TILT UP switch until the moon roof reaches the full tilt up position, then release the switch.

NOTE

The tilt up position is the starting point for the moon roof motor to re-learn the positions.

3. Push and hold the TILT UP switch again. After approximately 10 seconds, moon roof will begin the initialization procedure. DO NOT release the
switch until the procedure is complete. The moon roof will tilt down, slide open, slide close and stop at the fully closed position. At this point the
initialization is complete and the tilt up switch may be released.

NOTE

If the TILT UP switch is released during the procedure, the buttons may not operate properly. The moon roof will have to be operated manually to start
the procedure over again.
Old 05-29-15, 09:39 AM
LS2k
Intermediate

That did it! Roadfrog and Sapstar66 you are simply amazing!!! Thank you so much for all your help.
Old 05-29-15, 01:14 PM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

This is great info to know. You always learn something about your car on this forum.
Old 05-29-15, 06:43 PM
DiggerJim
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There's a similar process to follow to reset the power seats when the battery has died (or been disconnected) and you find the seat memory buttons don't work anymore & you can't save a setting. There are instructions in the owners manual on the process. You're effectively retraining the computer so it knows where the seat is by moving it all the way back & forward. When the battery dies, the computer won't know where the different mechanically moving parts like the seats and the sunroof are in their tracks & range of motion. The reset procedures let it learn the limits of movement and lets the computer know where the seat or sunroof is.
Old 07-11-15, 08:32 AM
cgauthier
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you Thank you. It worked. The Lexus dealer did not know this cure.
Charles Gauthier
Windsor Ontario