LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Toyota/Lexus: #1 - Your thoughts...??

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-15, 12:47 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Toyota/Lexus: #1 - Your thoughts...??

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/the-10-m...171887192.html
Old 04-23-15, 12:54 PM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

For my money there is no question that Toyota/Lexus is number 1. My first Toyota was a 74 Celica GT. I had it 9 years and it never ever gave me one minute of trouble. Since 94 I have owned 4 Lexus models (as shown in my sig). They have all been solid dependable vehicles. While I know my current LS could have some issues with control arms etc, I have never driven any car that was so awesome in every single way!!!! (Ok so I wish I had the USB support and possibly the bluetooth audio).

Great cars!
Old 04-23-15, 01:08 PM
Devh
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

My own personal opinion is that the article is a bit flawed.
Even though Lexus and Toyota are number one there is no mistaking it for anything else because it's like trying to deny rice is white. Everything else in between is suspect as I dont agree that Merc makes the top ten and is comparable in reliability to a Scion.
GMC may make the top ten but not number three as that is a bit of a stretch.

The Chevrolet is a bit misleading as it seems like it's basing a lot of its weight on the Prism and the Corvette rather then the rest of the line up.

Mitsubishi is also a bit misleading as they are dependent on their small cars like the Lancer rather then their terrible reliability of their V6 cars which is absolute junk.

I would say infinity and Honda are about right although I think some of the newer Honda cars have a few more problems then they normally have.
Old 04-23-15, 01:22 PM
dlbuckls10
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts
Thumbs up

Toyota/Lexus is #1. The LS 460 is the most reliable and the best vehicle I've ever owned. Lexus, truly the pursuit of perfection. Toyota/Lexus build it right.
Old 04-23-15, 02:18 PM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 352 Likes on 243 Posts

Tough to rank brands, especially when you consider all the factors that go into each brand...number of different models, etc, but I think the article was done well.

I wonder where Honda would rank if they hadn't run into the transmission problems - and I'm not saying they should be higher - because those tranny problems were a very big deal, but I think they would be right there with Toyota if not for that.

And Toyota has had it's share of problems too...throttle problem...frame rotting out on their trucks...sludge monsters on some of their earlier engines in the Camry,
Old 04-23-15, 07:46 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Based solely on my experience at the Vancouver International Auto Show last month, I have to agree. I sat in just about every high-end vehicle of the various manufacturers (Jag, MB, BMW, Caddy, Infinity, Acura etc). The Lexus' were well and away the best fit and finish and feeling of quality, except for maybe the BMW's. However, coming from a BMW, I also know that when you scratch beneath the surface, you're in for some serious drama.
Old 04-24-15, 09:01 AM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 352 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by roadfrog
Based solely on my experience at the Vancouver International Auto Show last month, I have to agree. I sat in just about every high-end vehicle of the various manufacturers (Jag, MB, BMW, Caddy, Infinity, Acura etc). The Lexus' were well and away the best fit and finish and feeling of quality, except for maybe the BMW's. However, coming from a BMW, I also know that when you scratch beneath the surface, you're in for some serious drama.
I went the Boston car show in February and although everyone knows I love Lexus, the Mercedes products blew me away. Very high end and pretty bold in their styling, I like what they've done. Of course I have no idea how they are going to be in terms of reliability and quality, but based off of design and interiors...I loved them.