LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

need some help please!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-15, 05:18 PM
Dalenolia
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some help please!

i made a post a month ago i think about a blown 6x9 in my mark lev system so i tried to buy a replacement but they cost 749.99 from dealer been looking on ebay tried to by one it didnt pan out so i go to and dealer they say i would need to change the amp to be sure i go to and audio shop and get it checked again and they say the same think so i send amp to the place in ny as recommended and they send it back and says amp works fine now im back to square on i put amp back in and now all speakers working again i can here the same speaker sound like it is blown and now all the lows cuts off again after like 20 mins... can i get some help here please lexus says if it had a blown speaker the amp would go in safe mode and cut all speakers off not just the mid and subs so im lost do i need just to change 6x9 or can they be repaired because its hard to find another

thanks in adv
Old 04-22-15, 05:37 PM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 308 Likes on 228 Posts

You are probably overheating the amp because the sub you are running has an ohm rating is too low for it to handle. This explains why it take a little while for it to kick off. Try to get your sub up to at least 8 ohms or you really will kill your amp. The factory speaker is really high. It's between 12 and 16. Abnormal for subs and I think they do this so you will buy their parts. Same story on the 430. Just make sure your sub is at least 8 ohms and the amp should be fine.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-se9Dy2q...rs_wiring.html

Last edited by Lavrishevo; 04-22-15 at 05:48 PM.
Old 04-22-15, 09:55 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Ebay has plenty of Lexus 6x9's for a fraction of the factory cost.
Old 04-23-15, 03:04 PM
Dalenolia
Driver School Candidate

i checked ebay i see one guy with a 6x9 for sale i have talked to him already trying to see is that my only option.....
Old 04-23-15, 03:05 PM
Dalenolia
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lavrishevo
You are probably overheating the amp because the sub you are running has an ohm rating is too low for it to handle. This explains why it take a little while for it to kick off. Try to get your sub up to at least 8 ohms or you really will kill your amp. The factory speaker is really high. It's between 12 and 16. Abnormal for subs and I think they do this so you will buy their parts. Same story on the 430. Just make sure your sub is at least 8 ohms and the amp should be fine.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-se9Dy2q...rs_wiring.html
this is the stock mark lev system i havent changed anything so you saying that one of the speakers going bad right
Old 04-23-15, 03:32 PM
Devh
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Usually a shorted speaker will kill an amp.
This is what I would do first.
Confirm the speaker is bad buy testing it using a multimeter.
There are plenty of youtube videos that show you how.
Once you find the bad speaker then you will just need to replace it.

If both speakers test well then it is most probably your amp that is still bad and they did not rectify the problem. I would then send it back to the place where they fixed it .
Old 04-23-15, 05:29 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

If a voice coil get out of alignment (which can be cause by several things) or a cone surround tears, the amp doesn't know anything about that and will keep playing merrily on (albeit with distortion from the offending speaker). Unfortunately, people use the term "blown speaker" out of context all the time. If a short develops in the speaker, the amp will shut down. But this is only one possible cause of a distorted speaker.

Replace the speaker with one from e-Bay. Just make sure the speaker is securely fastened to the door casing (ie is not loose) first.