LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Fuel Recall

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-15, 10:51 AM
qtrung909
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Just dropped mine off.they gave me an nx as my loaner. might have to replace the wifes prius with one when the time comes.
Old 04-16-15, 09:36 AM
macjac69
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dropped her off this am and got a 2015 RX 350 for a loaner :-( Lol. SA tried to entice me on the 90K service at $850, which really was just a bunch of let's take a look see insp. Well I didn't get an A & P license just to display it, I mean if can't be much more complicated than an airplane or helicopter could it? I had her print out the insp. and I'll do the majority myself and let them refresh the brake fluid.
Old 04-16-15, 10:33 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

had her print out the insp. and I'll do the majority myself and let them refresh the brake fluid.
Good man. That's how I roll too. And I don't even have an A&P licence. Just a strong desire to DIY and save money. ;-)

Last edited by roadfrog; 04-22-15 at 09:37 AM.
Old 04-17-15, 08:15 AM
bezee
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got mine done Monday....prior to this when i would fill up I would get a fuel range of about 380 miles, after this was done i filled up and i got a range of 479 now. Is this a coincidence or what?
Old 04-17-15, 09:07 AM
qtrung909
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bezee
Got mine done Monday....prior to this when i would fill up I would get a fuel range of about 380 miles, after this was done i filled up and i got a range of 479 now. Is this a coincidence or what?
it should go back to normal after a fill up or 2. but i am not too sure
Old 04-17-15, 10:08 AM
macjac69
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just picked her up this am, no noticeble change in performance characteristics, and I haven't driven enough to notice a diff. in fuel economy. I will pop the hood this afternoon and have a look see to chk if the tech got her all greasy w his hands :-).
They did not top her off w/fuel nor a wash the latter not being that important as it is storming here as I type..
I did do a Carista diag. and noticed that I've several codes for ABS one being for accumulator low press., and skid control ECU malfunction. Brakes have no noticeable defficiencies so I'm gonna drive on till my next MME(Major Maintenance Event)...
Old 04-20-15, 09:35 AM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 352 Likes on 243 Posts

Dropped mine off today...had a conversation with the service writer about the LS460's. He said they are great cars that can go 200k easily without major problems...and he added that they still feel like new at 200k. There were a couple 460 owners there getting the service done and everyone had good things to say about them.

They gave me a IS250 for a loaner...very little power...bad interior...small. The thing does handle like a dream though, it just doesn't have any giddy up. I wanted a ES350 (in case I ever downgrade), but they didn't have any.
Old 04-21-15, 08:05 PM
cwillgo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by R Z
Yep. They'll give you a loaner, make the repair, fill your tank with gas and off you'll go.
Had mine done yesterday, no loaner, no gas fill up, but they did do a full inside/out wash detail and fix a few rock chips for me.
Old 04-21-15, 09:51 PM
1Putt
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cwillgo
Had mine done yesterday, no loaner, no gas fill up, but they did do a full inside/out wash detail and fix a few rock chips for me.
In and out same day ?
Old 04-22-15, 07:57 AM
qtrung909
Intermediate

mine didnt get filled up but i did drop her off pretty much still full. they did find a broken radiator nipple or something like that and changed it out on warranty which is always nice and i got to keep the loaner for an extra day and a half which wasnt good cuz it got me itching to buy a new car.
Old 04-22-15, 09:09 PM
cwillgo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1Putt
In and out same day ?
Yup, dropped it off on the Saturday afternoon, they pulled it inside. My appointment was for 7am Monday. They phoned me at 330ish and said it was done. They even phoned me at noon or so and said they noticed my water pump was leaking. Gave them the go ahead to do the water pump under aftermarket warranty since they had one in stock.
Old 04-22-15, 09:34 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

LOL.

Guess who got their letter today?
Old 04-23-15, 04:06 AM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 352 Likes on 243 Posts

Got mine back the other day...can't notice any difference, which is what I expected. I pulled the covers off to take a look to see any signs that a tech was in there and I noticed the wiring harness cover on the top was cracked/smashed, so it looks like someone did something. Other than that it doesn't look like my manifolds were off - they're isn't any finger prints on them and it looks like the same dust and sand on them hasn't moved..even the bolts look untouched. A coincidence? Because the thing was there all day, the tech had to of removed them. I know techs will quickly find ways to get recalls done by circumventing half the steps, but they couldn't have done it without removing the manifold, could they?

There was also some wire ties where there was none before (most likely due to the harness cracking). As long as it continues to run great I could care less about a few wire ties and cracked pieces of plastic, I fully realize how many electrical connectors are on top of that engine. There was also some added electrical tape around the conduit on that monster of a wiring harness...as long as the tech didn't place or reroute a wire on something it shouldn't be on (something hot, or something that will chafe against it) I'm good.

Last edited by Doublebase; 04-23-15 at 04:10 AM.
Old 05-27-15, 04:42 AM
DJWLDW
Pole Position

Received 420 Likes on 312 Posts
Default Finally Got My Recall Letter

We finally got our recall letter from Lexus yesterday. Had the recall completed 27 March in Omaha. Better late then never. 4800 miles since recall with no issues.

Dennis
Old 05-29-15, 07:00 PM
Tdvlexo
Pole Position

I wonder if they will say anything about lowered and modded cars. Just hope Lexus will not give me a hard time about it.

Quick Reply: Fuel Recall