LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Diy auto blinker on 460LS

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-15, 09:48 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by nsaldanh
I traded in the 2008 in 2012 and I am pretty sure that it did have the auto turn signal. I had it on a 2002 LS 430 as well, which is why I thought all LS models had it. If I tapped the stalk it would flash the turn signal 3 times.
My 2008 LS600HL does not have auto turn signals..i promise you that
Old 04-09-15, 06:33 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

What gives? My '08 460L did not have it, and I was pleasantly surprised to get it on the '10 600hL, as I thought this feature was exclusive to the newer generation models with the fully electronic stalk (2013+ GS and LS).

Beyond Bluetooth Audio and other extras, things like this and auto high-beam (460L) were added with the 2010 refresh.
Old 04-12-15, 08:53 AM
Arvid
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by caha14
What gives? My '08 460L did not have it, and I was pleasantly surprised to get it on the '10 600hL, as I thought this feature was exclusive to the newer generation models with the fully electronic stalk (2013+ GS and LS).

Beyond Bluetooth Audio and other extras, things like this and auto high-beam (460L) were added with the 2010 refresh.
Not my 2008LS600hL either...so I did this:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lig...5-flashes.html

Regards
Arvid
Old 04-12-15, 09:01 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by Arvid
Not my 2008LS600hL either...so I did this:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lig...5-flashes.html

Regards
Arvid
OK. I WANT this!!!! How difficult was this DIY? I have seen where the flasher relay is under the dash and it is NOT easy to access. In fact, it's normally a massive job to replace it. Is it necessary to completely access it for this mod?
Old 04-12-15, 09:12 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

I just went to the website of the supplier and it doesn't list this item.
Old 04-12-15, 09:56 AM
Arvid
Pole Position

Default I just sent them a message and asked if it's still available

Originally Posted by roadfrog
Will let You know when I get a reply from them...

I did not install it in my LS but did that in my son's Aygo ...it took me a while to get the instruments and revcounter out of the way...If I can do it...anyone can :-(
Regards
Arvid
Old 04-12-15, 10:02 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Will let You know when I get a reply from them...

I did not install it in my LS but did that in my son's Aygo ...it took me a while to get the instruments and revcounter out of the way...If I can do it...anyone can :-(
Regards
Arvid
Much appreciated my friend! I'm excited that this might all come together! I'd gladly give up my useless, self-parking option for this simple gadget. LOL

Now if I can figure out a way to retrofit a self-opening trunk to my ride. Miss that from my BMW too.
Old 04-12-15, 10:49 AM
Arvid
Pole Position

Default Is not the flasher relay under the steering column??

OK. I WANT this!!!! How difficult was this DIY? I have seen where the flasher relay is under the dash and it is NOT easy to access. In fact, it's normally a massive job to replace it. Is it necessary to completely access it for this mod?
How to get to this area:

Regards
Arvid
Old 04-12-15, 10:59 AM
Arvid
Pole Position

Default Self-opening trunk ??? they have that too :-)

Much appreciated my friend! I'm excited that this might all come together! I'd gladly give up my useless, self-parking option for this simple gadget. LOL

Now if I can figure out a way to retrofit a self-opening trunk to my ride. Miss that from my BMW too.
http://www.pekatronic.de/en/Boot-con...pener-205.html

Video:
http://www.pekatronic.de/media/products/AKS-800.mp4

Just kick it ... and it will open :-)

Kick your car to open the boot
Automatic Keyless Entry boot opener AKS 800 for cars with orginate keyless entry system
Universal Hands-free Easy opening trunk system/ PKE car trunk release kit/ car boot opener
Arms’ full? Not to worry. With the available hands-free easy-open trunk on your car, you can put your feet to good use. With your keys in your pocket, all you need to do is swipe your foot under the rear bumper and the trunk unlocks and opens. Honestly, you’ll wonder how you ever did without it.

With this smart PKE key in the pocket, the car owner will be identification recognized when getting close to the car. Just put foot under the rear bumper, the sensor
will send message to the mainframe and release the trunk automatically. Very convenient especially when your arms full.

Features:
Inconvenient to open the trunk when your arms full?
With this smart PKE key in the pocket, the car owner will be identification recognized when getting close to the car.
Easy to operate, hands-free, all you need to do is put foot under the rear bumper,
the sensor will send message to the mainframe and release the trunk automatically.
Nondestructive installation, do not affect the car's original alarm system.
Suit for all the car with electronic trunk open kit. If not, please install the electronic trunk open motor first.

How to install this....(in German language though) ...but so simple it could be understood of only english reading folks too :
http://www.pekatronic.de/media/produ...1424435371.pdf

Regards
Arvid

Last edited by Arvid; 04-12-15 at 11:15 AM. Reason: more info
Old 04-12-15, 11:12 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

http://www.pekatronic.de/en/Boot-con...pener-205.html

Video:
http://www.pekatronic.de/media/products/AKS-800.mp4

Just kick it ... and it will open :-)

Kick your car to open the boot
Automatic Keyless Entry boot opener AKS 800 for cars with orginate keyless entry system
Universal Hands-free Easy opening trunk system/ PKE car trunk release kit/ car boot opener
Arms’ full? Not to worry. With the available hands-free easy-open trunk on your car, you can put your feet to good use. With your keys in your pocket, all you need to do is swipe your foot under the rear bumper and the trunk unlocks and opens. Honestly, you’ll wonder how you ever did without it.

With this smart PKE key in the pocket, the car owner will be identification recognized when getting close to the car. Just put foot under the rear bumper, the sensor
will send message to the mainframe and release the trunk automatically. Very convenient especially when your arms full.

Features:
Inconvenient to open the trunk when your arms full?
With this smart PKE key in the pocket, the car owner will be identification recognized when getting close to the car.
Easy to operate, hands-free, all you need to do is put foot under the rear bumper,
the sensor will send message to the mainframe and release the trunk automatically.
Nondestructive installation, do not affect the car's original alarm system.
Suit for all the car with electronic trunk open kit. If not, please install the electronic trunk open motor first.

Regards
Arvid
I already have a remote trunk release, but what I want is the system that fully opens and closes the trunk with a motor/hydraulics. My car didn't come with that option, but many here at CL have it.
Old 04-13-15, 07:05 PM
Arvid
Pole Position

Default They still sell the unit....

got an positive e-mail from them today....
http://www.pekatronic.de/en/Comfortf...9b65f69e3f65c9

Regards
Arvid

Last edited by Arvid; 05-21-15 at 10:03 AM.