Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the LS600h L model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the LS600h. Please use the main 4LS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation LS models.

Problems with my ls600h and warranty

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-15, 08:48 PM
DisgustedD
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with my ls600h and warranty

I don't ever want another Lexus...

Last edited by DisgustedD; 04-04-15 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Decided to remove post
Old 04-03-15, 09:50 PM
DisgustedD
Driver School Candidate

I will never buy another Lexus Care Warranty...

Last edited by DisgustedD; 04-04-15 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Changed post
Old 04-03-15, 10:01 PM
DisgustedD
Driver School Candidate

Ending my 22 year relationship with Lexus...

Last edited by DisgustedD; 04-04-15 at 11:28 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-03-15, 10:42 PM
DisgustedD
Driver School Candidate

Default Problems with my ls600hl and warranty

I purchased the LS600HL EXECUTIVE PACKAGE --And it's not a car that service shops are used to servicing...I have to get rid of it...after it's fixed.

Last edited by DisgustedD; 04-04-15 at 11:35 PM.
Old 04-03-15, 10:58 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^^^

Sounds like your issue is with the dealer, not Lexus itself.

Have you contacted higher authority? If not Regional Management, then it's best to get a contract lawyer to litigate the validity of their CPO contract.

Good luck buddy. Tons of people have very reliable hybrids running; you just got a lemon...
Old 04-03-15, 11:57 PM
DisgustedD
Driver School Candidate

I don't feel my LS600HL is a lemon. The lack of knowledge in the Service Departments makes them the lemons. I saw another Club member with the exact same problem I experienced, and his dealer was honest in Arizona. It was his Hybrid System Battery...Things happen, but when you keep hearing I don't know what's wrong with the car for weeks...and the Computer tells you, "Check Hybrid System" and I send the car in running---and it's returned to me with every warning possible and not running, it pissed me off! After all, It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see it's the Hybrid Battery...And they kept saying it wasn't the problem...Until they flatlined it...after moving it to a dealership who said they would be able to service it because they have Certified Hybrid Staff...Only to do the same thing as the dealers that admitted they didn't know what was wrong...Calling Diagnostics in CA and coming up with a bogus repair, sucks! Bottom line is...the car was returned to me several times stating nothing was wrong with it...and now it sits in my garage with a dead hybrid battery...

On top of the selling Lexus Dealer having tons of turnover and clueless...Lying about not getting the faxes of my receipts...everyone from Lexus Care to the Dealership can't explain how I got a warranty that's not entered into their system in the mail from their corporate office! After 6 wks of deliberations/investigations...They claim the number is attached to a 99 Tacoma--Prior weeks they said it didn't exist at all! Now who wouldn't be upset? It sends red flags up with me...I am not used to a Lexus failing so early in the game...Especially when it's supposed to be the best one in the line up and I never had a problem with my warranties, Engines, transmissions, etc... from 1993 LS, 1998LS, 2003 SC430, 2004 LX470. That's all...

Last edited by DisgustedD; 04-04-15 at 11:53 PM.
Old 04-04-15, 12:46 AM
DisgustedD
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by laobo979
I Don't do extended warranty especially third parties. You rather go threw Lexus 3yrs 100k but that being said at 97k and only issue I've have where taking it in for recalls to get free gas lol. So money saved money spent else where.
Originally Posted by dsigs83
i made this post over at LS in response to someone else but i feel its more important to help my IS people out since our car is nicer.

ive done a lot of research on this... overall, the best company that i found covers the most is Carchex.

i had a great deal with my credit union too and they also used route 66. i called carchex and they compared both side by side. the list was so 1 sided it was a joke.

the warranty is around 2500 for 3 years 36k miles but its basically 100% covered minus wear and tear. i have an 08 is250 with 70k miles.

example; most warranty companies say it has to break before they do anything, carchex and has in writing, if the window motor starts going bad, bring it to any licensed dealer and its covered.

you have to read the fine print. route 66's are ridiculous.

ITEMS NOT COVERED: Any normal maintenance item including tires,
wheels, struts, shocks, brake shoes or pads, rotors or drums, belts, hoses,
filters, fluids, lubricants, clutch, pressure plate or clutch release bearing,
tune-up items. Exhaust or emission parts, sound reproduction components,
lighting,wiring harness, telephone, clock, television, navigation equipment.
Any body parts, interior parts, trim, glass, paint, air bag system, keyless
entry/anti-theft.

your tranny goes bad, they'll cover it but not any lubricants, fluids, any belts that go in it, any hoses connected to it, you pay hte $100 deductible and think you're good. you get to the shop and have a $450 bill from all the crap thats not covered.

carchex doesnt have a section of 'items not covered' because its pretty much all covered and you can read it here.

http://docs.carchexcdn.net/coverages...e_Document.pdf

page 7 is the exclusion page and pretty much says they wont cover anything in the first 30/1000 and want proof the car was taken care of, aka, oil changes, any fluids....

a car thats 6+ years old, with 70k miles is bound to have some issues. with everything going on in my life, i dont have money to drop $800 on a car part at a mechanic so the warranty makes sense to me. i can cancel or transfer at any time to anyone and it raises the value of my car as well. oh and carchex pays the mechanics 'fee' to figure out whats wrong. lexus charges $100, thats my deducible itself.

theres no down payment and you can pick your payment date too. its roughly $100/m for me and if i keep it till the end, i get $200 back regardless of issues i have with the car.

hope this helps, i know its a big issue with a lot of us.
Lexus never charged me for Diagnostics in 22 years...but the one I found (3rd party) has the same clause 30/1000m...with $100 deductible...At least they will honor it...I bought a Platinum Warranty from Lexus and they claim they never issued it...Sigh! My bill is sitting at $17K for a Transmission that's been all guess work...and a ruined Hybrid System....
Old 04-04-15, 01:11 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

disgustedD, I'm sorry to hear your horrible experience for your car. But maybe you should start a separate tread for it since this tread is to discuss Lexus target market.
Old 04-04-15, 04:12 AM
rudyH
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's pretty obvious you're upset but to be honest, I can't tell what you're talking about. The post is all over the place. The battery and components are covered by a much longer warranty than the conventional warranty. If you got a bogus CPO, then the courts will nail the dealer to the wall. You could get full recsission but that may not be possible now. Anyway, this thread is about the Mojo of Lexus, not cars that won't start. Lexus IS hardly an incompetent or dishonest company. Even if you hate them, and may even have good reason, you're not accomplishing much by driving around the country to different service centers. The idea that no one knows how to fix your LS is a little hard to believe. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but I am very cynical of forum posts of all kinds.
Originally Posted by DisgustedD
I purchased the LS600HL EXECUTIVE PACKAGE 10/25/
sureBreaksAloT2008!...and it's the worse thing anyone in the USA could ever do! The service departments are clueless and Lexus Care is far from the word in it's true sense. I am a 22 year customer gone wrong! I bought a bogus certification from Lexus of Palm Beach and Lexus Care refused to fix it...They have been lying to me...the dealerships have been lying about what's wrong or right with it...and my car has been destroyed with 70K+ miles on the Executive Package, FlagPole, Pursuit to Death magnet! I am DONE with LEXUS! Everyone would be wise to stay clear of it...The first time your Hybrid or Push Start Gas driven car needs Service...That's when the lights come on in your head! They're picking and choosing like playing Jacks as to what's wrong with your car! Then they can't fix it...All these new technology cars...being sold are a set up for disaster! Check the Recall website, and you will see Lexus Full of them...and rising! I am so Hurt! I can't believe how Lexus Dealerships and Lexus Care/Lexus Financial Service--Certifications has treated me! Run while you can! The commercials and branding is just hype in the USA! They don't have a clue what to do if anything SIMPLE to COMPLEX goes wrong with these Flagpoles, overpriced, UNSAFE Lemons and a racketeering service Department/ Extra Care Warranty ripoffs... market to steal, kill, and destroy their US customers! My LEXUS IS SITTING IN THE GARAGE AFTER BEING 4 SHOPS IN 6WKS...DEAD AS A DOORKNOB...with a Flatlined Hybrid that's supposed to be covered under MFG Warranty...and they didn't know for months what was wrong although the indicator lights clearly illuminated CHECK HYBRID SYSTEM...and they claimed it was the Transmission! After they took it joy riding to their homes pushing the miles past the Power Train Mfg Warranty... in the name of test driving it to figure it out! Yeah right!!!! Japan needs to stop the American's before it's too late! Its a shame what I have endured with their fraudulent, Unaccountable, Low-Life actions! No warranty, No truly Certified Hybrid Mechanics~ When the LS4 series lasted a lifetime...Those days are OVER! Run, Run as fast as you can! These Dealerships in the South are worse than the Gingerbread man...fixing your car! SMH
Old 04-04-15, 04:52 AM
Vansibel
Intermediate

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

I bought a certified Lexus Platinum Warranty from Lexus...And the clowns said it's not in the system. My 2008 LS600HL stalled on the HWY right before entering into the 294 Tolls. I was terrified! The car sat on the side of the road for 3 hours because 800 25 Lexus Road Side Assistance kept giving the tow service the wrong location of my car...Eventually, the Illinois Transportation Department came and boosted my car! I went through hell! To date, I have 75555 on my car after the dealers kept testing it long distance! Taking it home without my permission and swearing they didn't know what was wrong with it...Stating they're not used to the car...and calling CA diagnostics department...and coming up with first, A dapper to the transmission...and next the whole Transmission...Which is MG1-Electronic Engine...and MG2-Generator Engine with both having a Transmission??? And it's broke they claim, but, when taken to a truly Certified Hybrid Service rep...It's diagnosed as not the Transmission...But worse of all, they denied my warranty at Lexus Care...and I am left with a Dead Hybrid System that's cover by MFG warranty up to 100K...and the Transmission that speaks to the Hybrid is under the power train 70K warranty...They pushed the miles up from 68K under warranty...to the existing miles...and now my Extra Care warranty is so called null and void because of some foulplay at the dealership! Get the warranty, but from anywhere other than Lexus! It's insane how the Cubicle workers talk to you and even the executives at LFS...They claim to have no power to override errors...
You should start a new thread about you issues, there is another member here having problems with the hybrid system on the ls600. Can you elaborate on the symptom of the car and how it first manifested (best you do it in a new thread thought) ?

Last edited by Vansibel; 04-04-15 at 04:56 AM.
Old 04-04-15, 07:46 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,296 Posts

I've moved posts bumping several old threads (that aren't related to this issue or model) to create your own thread where you can get feedback from members on your problems.

I understand you are frustrated, but please don't spam the forum.
Old 04-04-15, 08:37 AM
wanderer99
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mods - thanks for cleaning up these posts!

DisgustedD - Wow, you've definitely got some problems with your 600.

For the warranty - this always takes a few weeks to get into the Lexus Care system from my experience. It's not entirely clear here if this is a Certified (CPO) or if you have Platinum Warranty, or even both. Regardless, if you have paid for this it will show up in the system eventually. In the interim you could contact your original sales dealer to get them to contact Lexus and get it sorted out now. You could also take your sales paperwork to your Service Advisor and they could also chase this down if needed. If the VIN was entered incorrectly, just do the above steps to have that issue rectified.

For the hybrid and drive system problem - this might be a little more complicated now for you. If you have valid CPO or Platinum Warranty coverage then this would all have been taken care of. If you did as you described and drove your vehicle out of the Service area after they advised you the car needed repair ( quote: "it would blow up at the end of their parking lot" ) that would probably show as 'customer declined repair' in the computer system along with some notes. If the car later has even more hybrid related problems - and the original repair would have fixed that - then there might be some questions on warranty coverage.

I know this has been horrible for you but I think you can probably still fix this. The first thing I'd do would be to get everyone to understand you DO have warranty coverage. Once everyone understands this you need to determine if the repairs will be honored under that warranty coverage. If it's covered - great! If it's not, feel free to tell us why you aren't covered under the CPO or Platinum coverage plans or why this was voided.
Old 04-04-15, 09:32 AM
DisgustedD
Driver School Candidate

Default In response to starting a new Thread

Agreed! Sorry if you think I was Spam Jamming your thread...but the Warranty issue is a part of the madness I experience...
Old 04-04-15, 09:50 AM
DisgustedD
Driver School Candidate

Default Driving around the country to various dealership

I wasn't driving around the country to various dealerships! I broke down on a road trip from GA to WI. Because I was on the road, I went to the nearest dealership and experienced craziness...That I might add I am not used to from LEXUS! Someone came to me with a private message and stated I am spam dropping and to start my own threads...I just signed up last night...and I will start my own thread....but Don't try to diss me...I can and will have my car up and running! It's true! The dealerships find it hard to fix my car because there were only a few LEXUS LS600HLs Executive Packages purchased and they don't know the technology, CLEARLY! They do have to call California just to get informed on next steps! I have owned all other Gas Engine cars and NEVER had this problem...
Old 04-04-15, 09:53 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

I wasn't driving around the country to various dealerships! I broke down on a road trip from GA to WI. Because I was on the road, I went to the nearest dealership and experienced craziness...That I might add I am not used to from LEXUS! Someone came to me with a private message and stated I am spam dropping and to start my own threads...I just signed up last night...and I will start my own thread....but Don't try to diss me...I can and will have my car up and running! It's true! The dealerships find it hard to fix my car because their were only a few LEXUS LS600HLs purchased and they don't know the technology! I have owned all other Gas Engine cars and NEVER had this problem...
With all of the headaches, have you considered getting out of the LS600HL and into something else?

Quick Reply: Problems with my ls600h and warranty