Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the LS600h L model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the LS600h. Please use the main 4LS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation LS models.

Problems with my ls600h and warranty

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-15, 05:31 AM
rudyH
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey I just remembered that Lexus Customer Service is on this site. Maybe they have some idea that's going on and help the guy out. They don't need to make the issue public but they could contact the guy if they haven't already. Hopefully his explanation will be cogent if he speaks with them. Reading all of his posts, it sounds like someone has dropped the ball in trying to fix the car. The CPO thing still sounds fishy but the car does sound like it's got a problem. It's off the subject slightly but Inhave to say I do giggle whenever I see EXECUTIVE PACKAGE in all caps.
Old 04-06-15, 10:18 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 192 Likes on 136 Posts

Disgusted , don't pay attention to the negative responses.

Many of us have had a bad experience with the dealer as well, in some cases they are no more experienced then the local midas , autozone or Uncle Joes garage.

With the 600 I can definitely see them not being able to diagnose issues easily, they couldn't even diagnose my 1993 sc400 properly.

In usual fashion all the risk , cost and stress gets dumped back right on us, the customer.

Keep fighting them, keep calling, keep pushing.
Old 04-06-15, 11:54 AM
rudyH
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
Disgusted , don't pay attention to the negative responses.

Many of us have had a bad experience with the dealer as well, in some cases they are no more experienced then the local midas , autozone or Uncle Joes garage.
Do you really mean that? Maybe where you guys are from. I don't think most owners would agree but I don't know. Maybe we're lucky here in California.
Old 04-07-15, 01:58 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

When I had my issues with my dealer, Lexus Customer Service jumped all in their $h!t about it and I ended up with an apology and a service credit of $500. They made them fix my paperwork to reflect the correct warranty period and refunded me about $450 worth of fees they shouldn't of charged me regarding taxes. Lexus customer service made it right and I am struggling with some of the comments about paperwork being lost, etc. If you have a legitimate warranty through Lexus, it would be in the system..not to mention paperwork receipts you should have at time of purchase. Now I do agree with it taking a while for it to show up in the system, but Lexus worked with the dealer to figure things out rather quickly. Sorry you are having these issues. The 600 is a solid car for many folks including me. I've heard of 2 hybrid issues in all my time on here, you would be the 3rd. I hope you get some resolution to this issue..
Old 04-07-15, 04:25 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 192 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by rudyH
Do you really mean that? Maybe where you guys are from. I don't think most owners would agree but I don't know. Maybe we're lucky here in California.
Well I only ever brought my car in once for repairs, it was a 1993 Sc400, low mileage, which for some reason periodically stalled , sometimes while driving.

Took it in to them and they spent 3 hours "diagnosing" it, no real answers but they wanted me to start replacing stuff to narrow down the culprit, coils, plugs, wires,MAF , full tune up and some other stuff, when I asked if they would guarantee me that this would resolve the issue they said they cant guarantee anything.

Then they gave me the estimate for these repairs, it was as much as I paid for the whole car , I said no thanks , and they tried to stick me with a 3 hour diagnostics bill for almost $400.

I argued with them until the point where it got into a shouting match, and they asked me to take my car and don't come back, which I gladly did.

Brought the car to my long time independent mechanic , and it turns out the cam or crank sensor was loose, it was even throwing a code that pointed him in that direction, which somehow the master lexus technician missed.

Not here to knock the dealer, im just saying, I don't think his story is all that far fetched considering the rarity of the model and how uncommon the hybrid system failure is, its not like they have worked on it many times.
Old 04-07-15, 07:07 PM
rudyH
Pole Position

I understand what your saying. Maybe I'm splitting hairs but that's not the same as a warranty repair. Anyway, Lexus is still just a company with computers and systems and people. Mistakes are possible. The intent to screw a customer by any reputable manufacturer dealer is hard to understand.

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
Well I only ever brought my car in once for repairs, it was a 1993 Sc400, low mileage, which for some reason periodically stalled , sometimes while driving.

Took it in to them and they spent 3 hours "diagnosing" it, no real answers but they wanted me to start replacing stuff to narrow down the culprit, coils, plugs, wires,MAF , full tune up and some other stuff, when I asked if they would guarantee me that this would resolve the issue they said they cant guarantee anything.

Then they gave me the estimate for these repairs, it was as much as I paid for the whole car , I said no thanks , and they tried to stick me with a 3 hour diagnostics bill for almost $400.

I argued with them until the point where it got into a shouting match, and they asked me to take my car and don't come back, which I gladly did.

Brought the car to my long time independent mechanic , and it turns out the cam or crank sensor was loose, it was even throwing a code that pointed him in that direction, which somehow the master lexus technician missed.

Not here to knock the dealer, im just saying, I don't think his story is all that far fetched considering the rarity of the model and how uncommon the hybrid system failure is, its not like they have worked on it many times.