Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the LS600h L model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the LS600h. Please use the main 4LS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation LS models.

Problems with my ls600h and warranty

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-15, 09:54 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DisgustedD
I wasn't driving around the country to various dealerships! I broke down on a road trip from GA to WI. Because I was on the road, I went to the nearest dealership and experienced craziness...That I might add I am not used to from LEXUS! Someone came to me with a private message and stated I am spam dropping and to start my own threads...I just signed up last night...and I will start my own thread....but Don't try to diss me...I can and will have my car up and running! It's true! The dealerships find it hard to fix my car because there were only a few LEXUS LS600HLs Executive Packages purchased and they don't know the technology, CLEARLY! They do have to call California just to get informed on next steps! I have owned all other Gas Engine cars and NEVER had this problem...
Old 04-04-15, 11:08 AM
DisgustedD
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
^^^

Sounds like your issue is with the dealer, not Lexus itself.

Have you contacted higher authority? If not Regional Management, then it's best to get a contract lawyer to litigate the validity of their CPO contract.

Good luck buddy. Tons of people have very reliable hybrids running; you just got a lemon...
My issue is with the Original Dealership, Lexus Corporate, and Lexus Financial Services regarding this car...

I was on a conference call with higher authority and nothing was resolved. I have had the warranty back from Corporate since Week 2 of owning the car. Yes, it was supposed to be a Certified Lexus LS600HL...and I purchased the Platinum Warranty, with 0 Deductible. The Power Train Warranty was still in place on the car and the 100K MF warranty for the Hybrid is still in effect. However, the misdiagnosis on the repairs in Indiana...I would not sign off on...but I took it right in to the next dealer (after the comment about it possibly blowing up if I left the off-road dealership) in Wisconsin Day 2! And they found No issues with my Transmission.
Old 04-04-15, 11:44 AM
DisgustedD
Driver School Candidate

Wink

Originally Posted by wanderer99
Mods - thanks for cleaning up these posts!

DisgustedD - Wow, you've definitely got some problems with your 600.

For the warranty - this always takes a few weeks to get into the Lexus Care system from my experience. It's not entirely clear here if this is a Certified (CPO) or if you have Platinum Warranty, or even both. Regardless, if you have paid for this it will show up in the system eventually. In the interim you could contact your original sales dealer to get them to contact Lexus and get it sorted out now. You could also take your sales paperwork to your Service Advisor and they could also chase this down if needed. If the VIN was entered incorrectly, just do the above steps to have that issue rectified.

For the hybrid and drive system problem - this might be a little more complicated now for you. If you have valid CPO or Platinum Warranty coverage then this would all have been taken care of. If you did as you described and drove your vehicle out of the Service area after they advised you the car needed repair ( quote: "it would blow up at the end of their parking lot" ) that would probably show as 'customer declined repair' in the computer system along with some notes. If the car later has even more hybrid related problems - and the original repair would have fixed that - then there might be some questions on warranty coverage.

I know this has been horrible for you but I think you can probably still fix this. The first thing I'd do would be to get everyone to understand you DO have warranty coverage. Once everyone understands this you need to determine if the repairs will be honored under that warranty coverage. If it's covered - great! If it's not, feel free to tell us why you aren't covered under the CPO or Platinum coverage plans or why this was voided.
Wanderer99:
The first dealer was dead wrong...I took it to them off the HWY after an Illinois Transportation assistant boosted my car off the viaduct after waiting three hours for Lexus Road Side Assistance to show up...

The dealer in Indiana was acting as if I didn't even own the car, they were policing me (Gen MGR & Service MGR). I called the Dealership CFO that I bought the car from and they have had a lot of turn over in sales/service (understandably so)...and he couldn't find any of my paperwork in his system, but only heard of the issue a few minutes before Lexus Care Conference us in on a call.

I personally didn't think I needed my Platinum Extra Care Warranty, because my car was still under the mileage coverage for the power train MF warranty...that is until they were using it personally in the name of testing it to find out what's wrong...in GA.

My warranty was never entered (per Lexus Care & Palm Beach Dealership). However, that finding doesn't coincide with the fact that Lexus Care sent me the Agreement Holder warranty. That's why I have a lawsuit...

Everything you've suggested, I have went above and beyond the call of duty for 6wks. This is a nightmare...and I am fed up...I always loved my Lexus experience and I can't believe what I have experienced...this year.--Thanks for your input.
Old 04-04-15, 11:50 AM
DisgustedD
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by blacksc400
disgustedD, I'm sorry to hear your horrible experience for your car. But maybe you should start a separate tread for it since this tread is to discuss Lexus target market.
Thank you...I have a separate thread...I didn't mean to upset you.
Old 04-04-15, 06:18 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

wow , hang in there man
Old 04-04-15, 07:27 PM
Devh
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

I'm sorry to hear and I don't mean any disrespect but your story is really out there. All I would say is that there is always two sides to a story and for some reason I feel that a big chunk is missing because this should be an open and shut case unless there is something else going on that you misinterpreted or foul play on someones end.

The dealerships are somewhat independent from the Lexus Corporate and there seems to be a pattern of victimization that seems to be a statistical improbability.
Old 04-04-15, 10:48 PM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 308 Likes on 228 Posts

I don't know if you need another dealer but Lexus of South Atlanta is my favorite local dealer.
Old 04-04-15, 11:15 PM
DisgustedD
Driver School Candidate

Wink

Originally Posted by Lavrishevo
I don't know if you need another dealer but Lexus of South Atlanta is my favorite local dealer.
Thanks, Lavrishevo...But I live in North ATL...and I really don't trust another southern dealership. I appreciate your support.
Old 04-05-15, 12:01 AM
DisgustedD
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Devh
I'm sorry to hear and I don't mean any disrespect but your story is really out there. All I would say is that there is always two sides to a story and for some reason I feel that a big chunk is missing because this should be an open and shut case unless there is something else going on that you misinterpreted or foul play on someones end.

The dealerships are somewhat independent from the Lexus Corporate and there seems to be a pattern of victimization that seems to be a statistical improbability.
You have a right to your opinion, Devh: However, I didn't leave any stone unturned. I put it out there exactly how it went. The dealership has new staff...and they had some staffing issues. I saw the car online...and I flew to FL and bought it. I have all the original documents, and I too thought it was a easy fix when I first heard I didn't have a warranty. But after 6 weeks and a whole lot of passing the buck...and faxing like a fool...they flubbed up...and I will handle them for that...For the record, I have stated over and over that I have had Lexus care Warranties (Platinum) for years...and never once did I experience this issue...So it's very probable or else I wouldn't state it as such...I pray you or no one else ever experiences the problems I encountered after 22 years of bliss...Safe Journey...

Last edited by DisgustedD; 04-05-15 at 12:24 AM.
Old 04-05-15, 08:23 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

I agree with Devh......just seems so......out there. The scattered ranting and rapid-fire posting, strikes me as odd and borderline spamming. If this is your approach to seeking satisfaction from Lexus and your issues, that may be the problem. I've seen these kind of threads and posts in forums before and after some digging and prodding, there almost always ends up being more to the story.
Old 04-05-15, 08:45 AM
Devh
Racer

Originally Posted by roadfrog
I agree with Devh......just seems so......out there. The scattered ranting and rapid-fire posting, strikes me as odd and borderline spamming. If this is your approach to seeking satisfaction from Lexus and your issues, that may be the problem. I've seen these kind of threads and posts in forums before and after some digging and prodding, there almost always ends up being more to the story.
Looks like a lot of editing going on on the first posts this morning particularly in the body of the events and time line which is now missing.
It gets to be a lot more suspicious now.
Old 04-05-15, 10:59 AM
rudyH
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like a lot of editing going on on the first posts this morning particularly in the body of the events and time line which is now missing.
It gets to be a lot more suspicious now.
The guy may be telling the truth as he sees it. I can't imagine what the motive would be otherwise. What's to be gained? I still can't tell what's supposedly wrong with the car. I don't care one way or the other. I just find posts like that interesting. The warranty thing makes no sense. I can't imagine showing the paperwork for the warranty wouldn't settle any issue. Now, he won't take the car to any dealer in the southern part of the USA. I can't wait to see how this turns out!
Old 04-05-15, 12:25 PM
Pamperme
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DisgustedD
You have a right to your opinion, Devh: However, I didn't leave any stone unturned. I put it out there exactly how it went. The dealership has new staff...and they had some staffing issues. I saw the car online...and I flew to FL and bought it. I have all the original documents, and I too thought it was a easy fix when I first heard I didn't have a warranty. But after 6 weeks and a whole lot of passing the buck...and faxing like a fool...they flubbed up...and I will handle them for that...For the record, I have stated over and over that I have had Lexus care Warranties (Platinum) for years...and never once did I experience this issue...So it's very probable or else I wouldn't state it as such...I pray you or no one else ever experiences the problems I encountered after 22 years of bliss...Safe Journey...
Bad experiences need to be heard so they can be addressed and hopefully prevented from happening again. Thanks for sharing, no matter how grim the facts may be we can handle the truth.

Last edited by Pamperme; 04-05-15 at 12:59 PM.
Old 04-05-15, 05:36 PM
Devh
Racer

Originally Posted by rudyH
The guy may be telling the truth as he sees it. I can't imagine what the motive would be otherwise. What's to be gained? I still can't tell what's supposedly wrong with the car. I don't care one way or the other. I just find posts like that interesting. The warranty thing makes no sense. I can't imagine showing the paperwork for the warranty wouldn't settle any issue. Now, he won't take the car to any dealer in the southern part of the USA. I can't wait to see how this turns out!
Maybe but we will not know. What we do know and it is obvious there is a lot more going on then a clear cut understanding of what actually happened. This leads me to believe something is not right. Now if most of us are still puzzled it is only right to surmise that whatever was experienced at the dealer from the dealers point of view must have been just as bizarre.

I have seen this kind of thing before on other boards and I have dealt with it as an administrator and you are right there are no tangible motive or financial gain however there are many other things that are written that can reflect a state of mind that most people would not pick up on and I will leave it at that.
What I would like to know is why are the first few posts, especially the original rant that contains the body of events deleted.

Last edited by Devh; 04-05-15 at 08:38 PM.
Old 04-05-15, 07:21 PM
rudyH
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe but we will not know. What we do know and it is obvious there is a lot more going on then a clear cut understanding of what actually happened. This leads me to believe something is not right. Now if most of us are still puzzled it is only right to surmise that whatever was experienced at the dealer from the dealers point of view must have been just as bizarre.

I have seen this kind of thing before on other boards and I have dealt with it as an administrator and you are right there are no tangibly motive or financial gain however there are many other things that are written that can reflect a state of mind that most people would not pick up on and I will leave it at that.
What I would like to know is why are the first few posts, especially the original rant that contains the body of events deleted.
I was just trying to be fair but I agree with you. I admittedly have a short attention span for this kind of thing, but I just can't imagine any Lexus dealer acting this way towards anyone under any normal condition. I'm just fascinated. I guess I'll never find out what really happened. I'd sell the thing if it were me and it was such a disaster.

Quick Reply: Problems with my ls600h and warranty