LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

question for those with dataSystmes controller and stock air

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-15, 07:52 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default question for those with dataSystmes controller and stock air

back like 4 years ago i had an LS430UL with the controller and don't recall this happening,, ever, but please someone let me know if the 460's do this.

so 2 weeks ago i bought an 08 crown majesta and put the dataSystems controller on it. when i go to L mode it drops down to what you see in the pic (got ss kit and other shiz on the way to make it lower and more flush ) however if i select 9 like i wanna go drive off, it raises the car all the way to max then settles it back down to 9, thus taking a long time.

if i recall correctly the LS430 would just raise up an inch or 2 from L to 9 without going all the way to the top then settling back down.

so i asked the shop out here in japan who is working on it and they said it is the auto leveling feature in the majesta doing it. the car was parked on a hill and seemed to level it self out so it was a little higher on the downward slope side. i'm hoping that if it is on a flat surface that this won't happen but haven't actually taken the car home yet to test out, as i'm waiting on the body kit and other parts to arrive to the shop and to get installed.

i wonder if the new(er) 460's do this at all?? anyone know? thanks,
Old 03-21-15, 01:01 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

I would never drive my controller lower than 6 for starters and always adjust or make changes when on level ground. I drive level 4 front and 3 rear. I'm not about that Civic on cut coil springs type of life feeling for my 600...
Old 03-22-15, 07:06 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

about as helpful of a response as i have come to expect from CL ^ ^ ^, thanks for the info, still didn't answer the question though.

and i am about that civic how low can you drive lifestyle
Old 03-23-15, 09:28 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by sojah
about as helpful of a response as i have come to expect from CL ^ ^ ^, thanks for the info, still didn't answer the question though. and i am about that civic how low can you drive lifestyle
Honestly, most of us with the controller on our 460s/600s know better than to roll on that level..just being real with you. But to each is own. Maybe this response suits you better. Unless you can override the factory suspension ecu, you are out of luck. Even with the controller, the car still tries to adjust..you drive out on level 9 and I'll expect to see another post about your suspension needing replacement. It probably is the car telling you that it's not having it and trying to save you. If you are trying to do all of that, then maybe you should go aftermarket air so you can dial in exactly your preferred drop game. And the suspension hates uneven ground. I dread being at a meet and the ground is uneven because I know the car is going to hate it when I raise it back up to leave and leave me with 3 wheel motion . Good luck in whatever you decide to do..you asked for responses, sorry if you don't like what you hear. But I just know what i can and can't do with my car. Anything below level 6 for me and my hybrid with awd is a disaster waiting to happen. Plus, I'm not about that scrape life..especially having an active warranty

<c02e3918>
Old 03-24-15, 02:12 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Thanks for the honest feedback. Im really not sure at this point if the majesta uzs186 shares more in common with an LS430 or 460.

When i had the 430 i put about 40,000 miles on it mostly driving it on setting 9 on the controller but from what i recall reading about the 460 when i was considering that as a possible upgrade it seems that 9 is pretty low and most preferred like 6 or 7 to get the same results.

Unlike in the states i have seen complete used sets of all 4 stock air struts for sale slightly used for like 500. So if i blow one or get a leak like i did on the 430 i could much more cheaply replace it, or just take that opportunity to go full air.

I had bc coils and phantom air cup kit on my previous 18 crown athlete i just sold and i liked the ability to raise up quickly but would most likely go full air the next go round.

If i could get even 20,000 miles out of this stock air riding around on 9 (as long as it is comfortable) i would be happy. Since that would be a lot of kilometers and prolly like 3 years of mileage since i don't DD my vip car anymore. My last vip car turned into only white car Wednesdays (long story) and grocery shopping trips.

But thank you for the info on the 460, i never owned one of these so i don't have any experience with them.