LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

VSC, ABS, Brake System Malfunction

Old 03-19-15, 05:58 PM
ShahG
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default VSC, ABS, Brake System Malfunction

Hey Guys,

So here is whats up.

I have the VSC light, ABS Light, BRAKE light all on.

Check VSC System, Check ABS System, Check Brake System, Brake Malfunction.

I went to start the car this morning, battery was dead. Jump Started, and all these messages came up.

I have disconnected the battery for a good 2 hours, still no luck. I charged the battery. So its starts right up now.

The Brake Pedal is really HARD. When you brake, the car leans to the front Right Side.

When I reconnected the battery, The Brake Pedal is soft, but is instantly hard when Started.

Any recommendations is will be really helpful.
Old 03-19-15, 05:59 PM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Sounds like you need a new battery not just a jump
Old 03-19-15, 06:01 PM
1Putt
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would replace with a new battery first, and then see if any error messages come up. Then escalate/go from there
Old 03-19-15, 06:25 PM
ShahG
Rookie

Originally Posted by greg3852
Sounds like you need a new battery not just a jump
Originally Posted by 1Putt
I would replace with a new battery first, and then see if any error messages come up. Then escalate/go from there
So it won't make a difference if I charged the battery? I would understand if its just the dash lights, but the braking has me concerned. The brakes are damn hard.

I will get the battery replaced tomorrow first thing.
Old 03-19-15, 06:59 PM
uggggs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same issue after my battery went dead. Unplugging the battery won't work. You have to reset and clear the codes by jumping the terminals on the OBD2 port.
Old 03-19-15, 07:53 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 503 Likes on 382 Posts

You REALLY need to start with getting a new battery. Pretty certain that will take care of it.
Old 03-19-15, 07:56 PM
ShahG
Rookie

Originally Posted by roadfrog
You REALLY need to start with getting a new battery. Pretty certain that will take care of it.
Alright First thing tomorrow. Lets see! Thank you all for the prompt reply! Really Appreciate It!
Old 03-20-15, 11:32 AM
ShahG
Rookie

I went to get the battery replaced. Told me the battery is good. No error codes either. Suggestions?
Old 03-20-15, 12:34 PM
jmcraney

Received 254 Likes on 194 Posts

Jump starting as regards warning lights is often not good. Once the car is jumpstarted and the battery is fully charged, either by the car's alternator, or by an external charger, the battery's negative terminal should be disconnected for a few minutes and then reconnected to provide a proper system initialization.

Your discharged battery is likely related to a defective driver's door jamb switch. We have discussed defective door jamb switches extensively in this forum as they are relate to mysteriously discharged batteries.
Old 03-20-15, 12:44 PM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

How old is the battery? These cars are very sensitive to any kind of battery issues. While it may check out good, it might be at its EOL.

I would follow jmcraney's advice and disconnect it, then try again.
Old 03-20-15, 12:56 PM
jmcraney

How old is the battery? These cars are very sensitive to any kind of battery issues. While it may check out good, it might be at its EOL.

I would follow jmcraney's advice and disconnect it, then try again.
greg3852,

I understood ShahG's post to indicate that the only remaining problem was an unexplained dead battery. He seems to indicate all error codes and brake issue are resolved. This was probably the result of disconnecting the battery for testing. When the battery was reconnected it had probably been fully charged by the car's system or the battery tester and thus provided a proper initialization source.

What's your take?

I think he is saying the remaining issue is why was the battery discharged?
Old 03-20-15, 02:18 PM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

I took it as he went to get the battery replaced, but they said it tested good. I would imagine he still had the issues, but we will have to wait for the OP to update us as to whether the problems and lights are still active.
Old 03-20-15, 02:26 PM
ShahG
Rookie

I took it as he went to get the battery replaced, but they said it tested good. I would imagine he still had the issues, but we will have to wait for the OP to update us as to whether the problems and lights are still active.
Originally Posted by jmcraney
greg3852,

I understood ShahG's post to indicate that the only remaining problem was an unexplained dead battery. He seems to indicate all error codes and brake issue are resolved. This was probably the result of disconnecting the battery for testing. When the battery was reconnected it had probably been fully charged by the car's system or the battery tester and thus provided a proper initialization source.

What's your take?

I think he is saying the remaining issue is why was the battery discharged?
Jump starting as regards warning lights is often not good. Once the car is jumpstarted and the battery is fully charged, either by the car's alternator, or by an external charger, the battery's negative terminal should be disconnected for a few minutes and then reconnected to provide a proper system initialization.

Your discharged battery is likely related to a defective driver's door jamb switch. We have discussed defective door jamb switches extensively in this forum as they are relate to mysteriously discharged batteries.
Guys, I have gone and tested the battery out. They say the battery is good. BUT the lights are still there. I am gonna take off the Negative Terminal for a few minutes and see if the lights go away. They told my the battery is good and no need to replace.
Old 03-20-15, 02:55 PM
jmcraney

Thank you, Greg3582 was right-on with his advice to disconnect the battery for a few minutes. Service shops usually charge and test the battery in place, without disconnecting it, so disconnecting it and reconnecting to provide an initialization with a fully charged battery may clear up the warning lights. You will have to give us some more details about the brake issue, if that persists.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Old 03-20-15, 04:27 PM
ShahG
Rookie

Thank you, Greg3582 was right-on with his advice to disconnect the battery for a few minutes. Service shops usually charge and test the battery in place, without disconnecting it, so disconnecting it and reconnecting to provide an initialization with a fully charged battery may clear up the warning lights. You will have to give us some more details about the brake issue, if that persists.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Took off the Negative Terminal for a good 10 mins, Lights still there!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no Idea what to do. The strange thing is that there are absolutely no Error Codes!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: VSC, ABS, Brake System Malfunction