LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

For anyone who may miss this...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-15, 09:52 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by caha14
Awesome; it's a great feeling, for sure! At that mileage, it's barely broken-in.

I echo others' comments on 303 for the dashboard. It is a phenomenal product, and I have been using it since 2003. For the leather, I have read wonderful things (also seen some awesome Youtube videos) about the Leatherique line, as others have highlighted. However, I have never used them and, for what it's worth, use Zaino leather cleaner and Leather-In-A-Bottle conditioner, which I think are great. For very stubborn stains, I use steam.

600 has seen the light of day once in about 6 or 7 weeks when I ran it for 45 minutes on the driveway... Brutal winter! I topped off the 12V battery with my charger about 3 weeks ago, but needed to run it to charge the hybrid batteries (which were unexpectedly high in charge to begin with). Hopefully soon!
Hey...just did some reading about Zaino and saw that some people (here on CL) where complaining about the once present, now vaccant scent of leather that it apparently once possessed.
Also, that's it more of a runny product because I guess the manufacturer of the product was receiving complaints about it clogging the perforated leather in their cars.
What's your experience with these complaints, if any?
Old 03-08-15, 06:52 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by CRowe14
Hey...just did some reading about Zaino and saw that some people (here on CL) where complaining about the once present, now vaccant scent of leather that it apparently once possessed.
Also, that's it more of a runny product because I guess the manufacturer of the product was receiving complaints about it clogging the perforated leather in their cars.
Interesting. I have a vague recollection of reading about the scent being "toned down". However, it is still there, at least in the last few rounds I've purchased.

Regarding the viscosity, as with the scent, there might have been a slight change. However, what I have always done with perforated leather, however, is to pour the conditioner on my cloth, spread it, and then applying, ensuring no clogging.
Old 03-08-15, 07:25 PM
Nospinzone

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

I've used Zaino cleaner and conditioner for many years and have been pleased with it. I know there are other excellent products out there as well. Just be sure you don't use anything containing silicone.
Old 03-09-15, 07:47 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

You can use 303 on leather. I would however, stick with a dedicated leather product and Lexol is just that. It contains oils (like Neetsfoot Oil) that allow the strands in leather to remain supple. It's a trusted product that has been around a long time.

Another option you have is to use saddle soap (pure glycerine).
Old 03-09-15, 12:04 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by roadfrog
You can use 303 on leather. I would however, stick with a dedicated leather product and Lexol is just that. It contains oils (like Neetsfoot Oil) that allow the strands in leather to remain supple. It's a trusted product that has been around a long time.

Another option you have is to use saddle soap (pure glycerine).
Great, great info once again! Thank you kindly gentlemen!
Old 03-11-15, 05:32 AM
Pamperme
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My first request to them would be to use what ever powers you have to bring back the club Lexus discount similar to what Sewell Lexus had.
Old 03-12-15, 08:50 AM
empringham
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

thats lexus as usual... keeping their consumers extremely happy.
Old 03-12-15, 10:28 AM
PeteinPA
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CRowe14
I have been using 303 Cleaner and Protectant for years love the stuff use it on all the hard surfaces of all my rides.

I am also a big fan of the Leatherique products. I use the Rejuvenation oil twice a year for a deep clean and wipe down every other week with pristine clean. In between I use a soft cloth with a little distilled water. This combo has worked wonders for me.
Old 03-12-15, 01:32 PM
7milesout
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by empringham
thats lexus as usual... keeping their consumers extremely happy.
If you meant that facetiously, I am here to lobby to you to consider changing your mind about this.

I have spent part of my career as an engineer for Toyota, and part of my career as an "engineer" for Hyundai. I know lots of engineers that came from many other OEMs to work with me. The disappointing stories abound. I still have Hyundai nightmares of my own.

I did things at Toyota that at the time I thought was an unbelievable waste of time and money ... but was directed to do it for customer satisfaction ... JUST IN CASE. And that was Toyota. The Lexus business mindset is many ratchet clicks above that. In everything I do in my current career I compare it to Toyota. I now strive to continue to do my engineering work as well as Toyota would push me to do. Occasionally, late in the evenings, I think about my days at Hyundai ... then I throw-up and go to bed.