LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

For anyone who may miss this...

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-15, 12:42 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts
Default For anyone who may miss this...

I just wanted to post this here in the event many may not see it. Seems like a pretty cool idea!

★★★★★ Lexus is now on Club Lexus! ★★★★★

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Club Lexus proudly announces that Lexus is providing a team of service professionals to interact with our members on questions you may have about your Lexus.

The new Lexus Customer Service forum is at the top of the Lexus models (click here to go directly there).

The Lexus Customer Service forum will work a little differently than the rest of Club Lexus; click this link for the announcement in that forum that explains how to post and what to expect.

If you see questions posted in the model forums by fellow members that might benefit from Lexus' expertise, please refer them to this new area on Club Lexus.

Please note: This is for OEM-questions only; any aftermarket parts discussions should go in the normal Lexus model forums.
Old 03-06-15, 08:08 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Well that's pretty cool!
Old 03-06-15, 08:32 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by roadfrog
Well that's pretty cool!
Agreed!
Only thing is...how 'bout some questions! lol!
Seems as though most questions in our forum, thanks to members like yourself, the questions get answered!
Love it here!
Old 03-06-15, 10:05 AM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

This is fantastic! Thank you, CRowe14, for the heads-up. I hope you're babying the 460L... The honeymoon never ends with these things
Old 03-06-15, 11:00 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Thanks for the additional exposure, but I think this shows just how many people don't actually read the announcements at the top of each forum, inlcuding our LS460/600 forum. This was posted back on March 3rd by Dave. I guess it is just like the stickies..folks always seem to gloss over those even though there is a ton of good information in there.
Attached Thumbnails For anyone who may miss this...-captainobvious.jpg  
Old 03-06-15, 11:33 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by caha14
This is fantastic! Thank you, CRowe14, for the heads-up. I hope you're babying the 460L... The honeymoon never ends with these things
caha14:
Hey buddy! No problem at all, just trying to help because this forum has been great to/for me. Its been a little bit... How's the 600??
As far as my 460L, I have been trying to take care of it as much as possible. I've had it for a bit over 7 weeks now and just hit 1000k miles last night! Have been weary about driving her in the winter so she's been sitting in the garage quite a lot. I've been researching to find some great products to take care of the leather and dash area, as well as some really good products to care for the exterior. Its funny because since I haven't driven it a great deal, I began to think that perhaps the purchase was a mistake because it just sits. But every time I get in it, sit in it, smell the leather, and press the brake and push that button...as you stated and its so strange...the honeymoon starts all over again, and every ounce of doubt is vanished away! Not sure why that happens!
Quick comment: Don't laugh at me, and although its the smallest thing, I love how the image/angle of the car changes on the dash upon initial entry. Small but such a classy touch! its almost like a welcome sign!
Old 03-06-15, 11:37 AM
Need4Speed
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Awesome Good Idea...
Old 03-06-15, 11:39 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Thanks for the additional exposure, but I think this shows just how many people don't actually read the announcements at the top of each forum, inlcuding our LS460/600 forum. This was posted back on March 3rd by Dave. I guess it is just like the stickies..folks always seem to gloss over those even though there is a ton of good information in there.
Not a problem CJ, just trying to spread the breadth of seemingly endless information in this forum, and pay it forward as this forum has provided me with such an enormous amount of information.

I myself missed/overlooked the stickies when I first joined. Now I make it a point to occasionally browse and peer at the top to check for any new updates/changes, which is how I saw the post Dave made a few days ago.
Not sure what else could be don't to make them more apparent to users and guests. But the good thing is that they are there and can always be referred to as reference points for anyone who is searching for information.
Old 03-06-15, 07:46 PM
7milesout
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by CRowe14
I've been researching to find some great products to take care of the leather and dash area, as well as some really good products to care for the exterior. :
CRowe - I would be very interested in your findings. I'm rather down on myself as aesthetic care is an area about vehicles I really don't know much about. I know how to do a good wash ... but that's it.

7milesout
Old 03-06-15, 08:01 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 7milesout
CRowe - I would be very interested in your findings. I'm rather down on myself as aesthetic care is an area about vehicles I really don't know much about. I know how to do a good wash ... but that's it.

7milesout
Thus far in my research, regarding the care of the interior leather and dash areas, I've come across 2 products from Letherique:
Leatherique Rejuvenator
Leatherique Pristine Clean

I've also heard/read about 303 Aerospace Protectant for the dash in warmer months.
I believe Roadfrog uses and also stands by 303.

From my readings, it appears people love these products and use them with great confidence and love the results.
As far as exterior...still searching...
Old 03-06-15, 08:41 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Thus far in my research, regarding the care of the interior leather and dash areas, I've come across 2 products from Letherique:
Leatherique Rejuvenator
Leatherique Pristine Clean

I've also heard/read about 303 Aerospace Protectant for the dash in warmer months.
I believe Roadfrog uses and also stands by 303.

From my readings, it appears people love these products and use them with great confidence and love the results.
As far as exterior...still searching...
I guarantee if you try the 303 Aerospace Protectant, you'll be hooked. It really is great stuff. I don't recall if I mentioned it before, but it's one of the only products I've seen specifically recommended and approved by so many manufacturers like Grady Boats, Winnebago, Fleetwood, and heck - even Disney World!
Old 03-07-15, 06:44 AM
LS2k
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

+ 1 for 303 aerospace for the dash and lexol for leather.
Old 03-07-15, 10:54 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LS2k
+ 1 for 303 aerospace for the dash and lexol for leather.
Actually, while reading up on leather care products, I've seen that Lexol is more of a oil based product and doesn't do much for removing impurities and actually deep cleansing and moisturizing the leather. One article said it was similar to (although not as if this act is what's bent done) putting cooking oil on your leather. Protectant and moisturizing benefits are minimal...only from what I've read.
Old 03-07-15, 01:06 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

caha14:
Hey buddy! No problem at all, just trying to help because this forum has been great to/for me. Its been a little bit... How's the 600??
As far as my 460L, I have been trying to take care of it as much as possible. I've had it for a bit over 7 weeks now and just hit 1000k miles last night! Have been weary about driving her in the winter so she's been sitting in the garage quite a lot. I've been researching to find some great products to take care of the leather and dash area, as well as some really good products to care for the exterior. Its funny because since I haven't driven it a great deal, I began to think that perhaps the purchase was a mistake because it just sits. But every time I get in it, sit in it, smell the leather, and press the brake and push that button...as you stated and its so strange...the honeymoon starts all over again, and every ounce of doubt is vanished away! Not sure why that happens!
Quick comment: Don't laugh at me, and although its the smallest thing, I love how the image/angle of the car changes on the dash upon initial entry. Small but such a classy touch! its almost like a welcome sign!
Awesome; it's a great feeling, for sure! At that mileage, it's barely broken-in.

I echo others' comments on 303 for the dashboard. It is a phenomenal product, and I have been using it since 2003. For the leather, I have read wonderful things (also seen some awesome Youtube videos) about the Leatherique line, as others have highlighted. However, I have never used them and, for what it's worth, use Zaino leather cleaner and Leather-In-A-Bottle conditioner, which I think are great. For very stubborn stains, I use steam.

600 has seen the light of day once in about 6 or 7 weeks when I ran it for 45 minutes on the driveway... Brutal winter! I topped off the 12V battery with my charger about 3 weeks ago, but needed to run it to charge the hybrid batteries (which were unexpectedly high in charge to begin with). Hopefully soon!
Old 03-08-15, 07:59 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by caha14
Awesome; it's a great feeling, for sure! At that mileage, it's barely broken-in.

I echo others' comments on 303 for the dashboard. It is a phenomenal product, and I have been using it since 2003. For the leather, I have read wonderful things (also seen some awesome Youtube videos) about the Leatherique line, as others have highlighted. However, I have never used them and, for what it's worth, use Zaino leather cleaner and Leather-In-A-Bottle conditioner, which I think are great. For very stubborn stains, I use steam.

600 has seen the light of day once in about 6 or 7 weeks when I ran it for 45 minutes on the driveway... Brutal winter! I topped off the 12V battery with my charger about 3 weeks ago, but needed to run it to charge the hybrid batteries (which were unexpectedly high in charge to begin with). Hopefully soon!
I hadn't heard about Zaino but had heard about Leather in a Bottle. I imagine they are more accessible and I trust your feedback, so I'll try those products and report back later this Spring. The 303: that's strictly for the bash area, lower area on the doors and the lower area of the storage space between the front seats correct?
And as far as my mileage, I wanted to clearify, I wish I only had 1000 miles on my car! Lol I bought it with 65.5 and recently hit 66.5...still doing well!
I know your liking forward to getting her exposed to some sun and enjoying that car! Hopefully it's right around the corner!
Thanks for the recommendations!

Quick Reply: For anyone who may miss this...