LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Low oil warning flashed

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-15, 12:23 PM
NobleSpine
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low oil warning flashed

This is the third time I am having this issue, previously once it was close to service so dealer just added the oil and few months ago it happened again and I did the 1200 mile test where the dealer measures the burn rate, nothing came out of that. Finally I had it last few days, it was flashing intermittently and I took it to the dealer and they added 2.7 quarts of oil and while I have 2500 more miles to go for the scheduled service. Looks like my engine is burning oil. I don't have any visible leakages as my garage is clean. I will update after my second 1200 mile test. However I suspect nothing will come out it as I have few long drives planned and 1200 milestone will come up fast. I am having this issue if the time between the oil changes is more than 3 or 4 months. Anyone has similar experience? My car is 2007 LS 460L.
Old 02-26-15, 12:40 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by NobleSpine
This is the third time I am having this issue, previously once it was close to service so dealer just added the oil and few months ago it happened again and I did the 1200 mile test where the dealer measures the burn rate, nothing came out of that. Finally I had it last few days, it was flashing intermittently and I took it to the dealer and they added 2.7 quarts of oil and while I have 2500 more miles to go for the scheduled service. Looks like my engine is burning oil. I don't have any visible leakages as my garage is clean. I will update after my second 1200 mile test. However I suspect nothing will come out it as I have few long drives planned and 1200 milestone will come up fast. I am having this issue if the time between the oil changes is more than 3 or 4 months. Anyone has similar experience? My car is 2007 LS 460L.
Sorry to hear about this issue you have, hopefully there isn't anything major wrong.
If I may ask, how many miles do you have on your LS?
Here is a link that may provide some guidance regarding your issue:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...ion-issue.html
Old 02-26-15, 01:45 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

I go through a qt every 2200 miles. No leaks and no blue smoke. I have 80k miles on my car. There's another thread about oil consumption that others are experiencing here:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...rning-oil.html
Old 02-26-15, 03:59 PM
Pamperme
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Has your car had the engine recall done?
Old 03-01-15, 08:11 PM
ShahG
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I had the same problem, It would flash for a second and disappear. Found out the oil level was way below, Topped it up the next oil change and its been gone since. Its definitely the oil level.
Old 03-01-15, 10:59 PM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Mine did it this weekend. I have to stay more on top of adding oil. I know there's an acceptable amount of oil consumption which is crazy if you ask me. I added a qt jus to get me by until next weekend. I'll do a full drain and fill. Normally my routine is to do a complete drain, change filter, and fill every 10k miles. At the 5k mark I top off the oil and reset the oil change alarm. I've started doing this when I started doing my own oil changes with full synthetic. I found out the dealer wasn't using full synthetic.
Old 03-02-15, 12:41 PM
NobleSpine
Rookie

Originally Posted by CRowe14
Sorry to hear about this issue you have, hopefully there isn't anything major wrong.
If I may ask, how many miles do you have on your LS?
Here is a link that may provide some guidance regarding your issue:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...ion-issue.html
Thanks for the link, may be I have the same issue. I have escalated to the corporate and they are non-committal at this time and asking me to go through the test, which I am going through right now. I have 95K miles on it currently and noticed this issue right around 70K miles. I guess each time the light come on or close to coming on, I am due for service and the dealership is just replacing oil.
Old 03-02-15, 12:42 PM
NobleSpine
Rookie

Originally Posted by Pamperme
Has your car had the engine recall done?
No, not done.