LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2008 LS460L Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-15, 04:34 PM
dyeelitt
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 LS460L Vibration

The car developed a vibration at freeway speed (65-80+) and the dealer kept saying it was tire balance, alignment, etc. After replacing tires, having them road force balance the tires and do an alignment, car still had the vibration. Contacted Lexus and the service manager drove with me and immediately felt the vibration. they double checked the balance, alignment, etc. and decided it was shocks. Car has 70,000 miles. Lexus agreed to pay for 2 of the struts. Picked up the car and it is like new. Smooth as silk. the old shocks did not have signs of being worn out, leaking or being bad. I was a bit hesitant but the Service Manager said if it didn't fix the problem, they would put the old ones back on and I wouldn't pay for anything.

call me stupid but I have my car serviced only at the dealer and they have stood behind the car. Lexus also. I had the control arm problem and Lexus stepped up and paid for that repair.
Old 02-19-15, 06:03 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by dyeelitt
The car developed a vibration at freeway speed (65-80+) and the dealer kept saying it was tire balance, alignment, etc. After replacing tires, having them road force balance the tires and do an alignment, car still had the vibration. Contacted Lexus and the service manager drove with me and immediately felt the vibration. they double checked the balance, alignment, etc. and decided it was shocks. Car has 70,000 miles. Lexus agreed to pay for 2 of the struts. Picked up the car and it is like new. Smooth as silk. the old shocks did not have signs of being worn out, leaking or being bad. I was a bit hesitant but the Service Manager said if it didn't fix the problem, they would put the old ones back on and I wouldn't pay for anything.

call me stupid but I have my car serviced only at the dealer and they have stood behind the car. Lexus also. I had the control arm problem and Lexus stepped up and paid for that repair.
This is great and consistent with my own experience. When I first got this same 2008 vehicle, I also had mysterious vibrations, in the steering AND the rear of the car.

The ultimate solutions were a bit different (and more involved, even though struts were involved, as they were also bad), but the common element is that Lexus stood behind their product like I've never seen a car manufacturer do. The result? The car drove unbelievably smoothly. It was a long multi-step process, but Lexus has a customer for life in me.

Enjoy your ride!