Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the LS600h L model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the LS600h. Please use the main 4LS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation LS models.

New 2008 LS600h l Launch Edition Owner...Uh Oh !!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-15, 04:43 PM
payneiii
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pamperme
I question that (see bold): http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/n...d-up/index.htm

Did u ever call Lexus corporate?

I tried but every number I dialed wanted my customer account number. Since I didn't buy my Lexus from a Lexus Dealership I don't have any connection with them (at least not yet ).
Old 02-16-15, 04:51 PM
jiceoo
Driver School Candidate

CPO and getting a Lexus warranty are two different things
Old 02-16-15, 04:56 PM
payneiii
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jiceoo
CPO and getting a Lexus warranty are two different things
Exactly. That's why I'm going to call them tomorrow and ask them if it's possible to get an extended warranty with them even though the factory warranties have expired. They already have my car and are waiting on the battery to arrive for installation. They should be able to give it a 161 point inspection while it's there. Then they should be able to make a determination after that.
Old 02-16-15, 05:09 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by payneiii
I tried but every number I dialed wanted my customer account number. Since I didn't buy my Lexus from a Lexus Dealership I don't have any connection with them (at least not yet ).
I am a bit late in saying congratulations on the car and welcome to the forum! I am sorry you are dealing with this, but I tend to echo what most here have said: once you get through these hurdles, you will have a fantastic vehicle, and you should consider reaching out to Lexus for assistance, especially since the other issues are known concerns addressed via service bulletins.

Regarding the account number, that is a total formality. You have a VIN and own the car, so you should be able to get the process started through 1-800-25LEXUS. You could also submit details online.
Old 02-16-15, 05:28 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by caha14
I am a bit late in saying congratulations on the car and welcome to the forum! I am sorry you are dealing with this, but I tend to echo what most here have said: once you get through these hurdles, you will have a fantastic vehicle, and you should consider reaching out to Lexus for assistance, especially since the other issues are known concerns addressed via service bulletins.

Regarding the account number, that is a total formality. You have a VIN and own the car, so you should be able to get the process started through 1-800-25LEXUS. You could also submit details online.

+1 on this. I called 800Lexus just last week and not only found out that my car still had an extended warranty on the car that wasn't transferable (darn!!), but I also registered the vehicle with Lexus as the new owner. I hope your calls tomorrow prove to be positive and productive!
Old 02-16-15, 05:31 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by peteybabes
i got the lexus platinum warranty with 3yr/36K for $2400 and i have already had air suspension done and a window motor (about $5K worth or work) replaced for free.
Wow Pete, 3/36 @ 2400?? If I may ask, when did you purchase your Lex Plat warranty? I would assume you purchased it when the car was newer and less miles than the one I recently purchased...
Old 02-17-15, 07:29 AM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CRowe14
Wow Pete, 3/36 @ 2400?? If I may ask, when did you purchase your Lex Plat warranty? I would assume you purchased it when the car was newer and less miles than the one I recently purchased...
i purchased this car 13.5 months ago from McGrath in chicago. they would only come off the price of the car $500 and i was trying to stay at $725/month for payment and he kept lowering the price of the Platinum warranty until he finally got my payment down to $735/month. at that time it was $2400 for the warranty...
Old 02-17-15, 08:33 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by peteybabes
i purchased this car 13.5 months ago from McGrath in chicago. they would only come off the price of the car $500 and i was trying to stay at $725/month for payment and he kept lowering the price of the Platinum warranty until he finally got my payment down to $735/month. at that time it was $2400 for the warranty...
Well...based off of your situation when acquiring the warranty, I highly doubt i'll be able to get it for that price! Congrats to you though! I'm now debating if I should even acquire a warranty...decisions, decisions...
Old 02-19-15, 03:37 AM
payneiii
Driver School Candidate

As of Thursday morning I'm still waiting on the hybrid battery to arrive (10 days now) and no luck with Lexus aftermarket warranties for used Lexus vehicles purchased out of factory warranty, at least not in this area. Really sucks. I called Lexus corporate and she said she couldn't help me and to try local dealers. But she did thank me for my Lexus purchase and congratulated me on my first Lexus. Seems you really do have to have a Lexus with less then 70,000 miles and still under factory warranty to get continued coverage.
Old 02-19-15, 08:34 AM
Wandl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

As of Thursday morning I'm still waiting on the hybrid battery to arrive (10 days now) and no luck with Lexus aftermarket warranties for used Lexus vehicles purchased out of factory warranty, at least not in this area. Really sucks. I called Lexus corporate and she said she couldn't help me and to try local dealers. But she did thank me for my Lexus purchase and congratulated me on my first Lexus. Seems you really do have to have a Lexus with less then 70,000 miles and still under factory warranty to get continued coverage.
As harrowing of an experience as you've gone through, the Ls600h is one helluva car so certainly think it is worthwhile considering to keep because both you and Lexus have sunk a lot of $$ into this already, should give you some trouble free years ahead. It is, after all, a Lexus
Old 02-19-15, 08:34 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Did you try calling Lexus of Merrillville?? As I stated above, there were still warranty options available for me. I don't entirely think it has to do with miles, although it is a determining factor. I have less than 70k miles, but my car, due to its age and miles, is well out of factory warranty.
The gentleman at Merrillville told me that a warranty option would still be available for me, but once the vehicle went over 70k, the prices would jump drastically. I would say give them a call and see what they tell you.
Ask for John Desmet. He may tell you that there are many options to go over and it'd be best if you came in (what he told me over the phone), but just let him know your not exactly close and you'd like to get quotes over the phone.
Good luck!
Old 02-19-15, 08:55 AM
Wandl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Call Stevinson Lexus of Lakewood and ask for Debbie King. One of our members (jarm) got a genuine Lexus coverage for his 07 LS460 with 97k miles. Worth a shot to see if Debbie will cover your Ls600h (even with higher miles)
Source:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...t-price-3.html
Old 02-19-15, 10:24 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Wandl
Call Stevinson Lexus of Lakewood and ask for Debbie King. One of our members (jarm) got a genuine Lexus coverage for his 07 LS460 with 97k miles. Worth a shot to see if Debbie will cover your Ls600h (even with higher miles)
Source:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...t-price-3.html
+1 here.
It seems (as I was told by Toby in Louisiana), there are only certain dealerships that are willing to sell the Lexus extended warranty on used vehicles. It then just becomes a matter of finding one that will. They're out there though.
Oh and one additional thing: The gentleman at my local Lexus shop did say that for them, if the vehicle reaches 100K on the dot, there is nothing he can do.
Old 02-19-15, 09:47 PM
ctatum7
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Attached is a quote I received from the Lexus dealership on a Platium, Gold, Silver and Powertrain warranty.
I suggest that you grab a shot of bourbon and sit down before reading.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
warranty quote.pdf (694.3 KB, 276 views)
Old 02-19-15, 09:55 PM
Pamperme
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ctatum7
Attached is a quote I received from the Lexus dealership on a Platium, Gold, Silver and Powertrain warranty.
I suggest that you grab a shot of bourbon and sit down before reading.
Whats sad is the fact that some people would actually buy it.

Quick Reply: New 2008 LS600h l Launch Edition Owner...Uh Oh !!!