LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

!!! NEW Humbled, Happy & Appreciative Owner !!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-15, 10:11 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts
Default !!! NEW Humbled, Happy & Appreciative Owner !!!

Fellas!
As of this past Monday, I am the new owner of a 2007 Lexus LS 460 L; Black Sapphire Pearl (per Tee): BSP!
The paper work was completed on Monday and I went to pick it up yesterday afternoon, and let me tell you...I have NOT been able to remove the smile from my face!
This car is simply so much more than what I ever thought it was, and I would consider myself relatively well versed regarding the functionality/operation of this machine.
I have been a “lurker” (sounds familiar, right) since June of 2014, and took in as much information as I could regarding a myriad of things dealing with the LS. I'm sure a good few even remember my first few monologues describing my first and second test drive encounters, in which I received a tremendous amount of feedback. Two words, kindly, respectfully and humbly: Thank you.
I think it safe to say, at an absolute minimum, that there isn’t any amount of reading, conversation, test drives or viewing of photos that can prepare you for that feeling of someone placing the set of new or “new to you” fobs in your hands.
From reading and learning about this car, to now being an owner, has been an experience that I’ve enjoyed, respected, learned from and honesty, not sure when I will stop pinching myself, now that I am an owner of quite honestly such a prestigious, finely crafted, beautiful vehicle. I consider myself quite fortunate and am thankful beyond words and measure.
If I may, I would like to specifically thank a few members on this forum and extend a virtual handshake if you will, to all who have made my journey to this point an enjoyable one, which enabled me to be a very informed and enlightened buyer/owner.
Tee: Brethren, you know MY story almost better than me. Your support through this from nearly day one is all but nearly the reason I made this purchase. Endless gratitude. Thank you.
Devh, Doublebase, caha14, Roadfrog, and not least, jmcraney.
These gentleman specifically, as well as many others who have provided laughs, information and great issue resolve have been beyond helpful. And I hope to provide issue resolve, tips and of course, continue the kinship and continue to learn from all of you. Again, thank you.
Without further delay, here she is.
Attached Thumbnails !!! NEW Humbled, Happy & Appreciative Owner !!!-imag1265.jpg   !!! NEW Humbled, Happy & Appreciative Owner !!!-imag1263.jpg   !!! NEW Humbled, Happy & Appreciative Owner !!!-imag1266.jpg  

Last edited by CRowe14; 01-28-15 at 10:19 AM.
Old 01-28-15, 10:26 AM
Devh
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Congrats, very nice car.
It's good to see that you have continued your search until you found a good represented example.
I'm not crazy about the wheels and would be nice is if you could trade up for the ones that came with the 600.
Old 01-28-15, 10:39 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Congrats on the car! Looks very clean. I agree with Devh, not a fan of those wheels and the hybrid 7 spokes or touring 5 spokes would be my choices if oem. Very happy for you!!

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
Old 01-28-15, 10:50 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Congrats again buddy, being patient payed off and you did good!
Old 01-28-15, 11:08 AM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

She is clean! Congrats! Enjoy that baby
Old 01-28-15, 11:37 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Gentlemen,
Thank you kindly for all of the congratulatory statements.
You know what's funny, is that I had seen this car quite a few times during my search but always decided to browse past because I honestly wasn't a fan of the wheels either. I had voiced to Tee shortly before I bought the car, that I really wasn't a fan of the wheels what so ever. Now owning the car, it's not as bad as I anticipated, but still not a fan. We'll see what this Spring brings, along with some diligent searches...
Which year 600 are you guys speaking of? Perhaps I could take a look and at least begin having a number in my head to shoot towards.
As always, much thanks!

Last edited by CJITTY; 01-28-15 at 12:40 PM.
Old 01-28-15, 11:56 AM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

Man congratulations on a fine looking car. It pays to have patience and find the one that has your name on it. You found it! It's awesome. Now that it's yours, breathe deep, sit back and enjoy the ride. Over the coming months and years you'll make some changes, find some new things you never noticed before, and just continue to fall in love over and over again.

Ain't it cool!!!
Old 01-28-15, 12:40 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by CRowe14
Which year 600 are you guys speaking of? Perhaps I could take a look and at least begin having a number in my head to shoot towards.
As always, much thanks!
2007-2012 600....previous post that will help ----> https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...ml#post8855350

Here is my car with OEM Hybrid 7 spoke wheels 19x8

If you prefer chrome, they look good also

Last edited by CJITTY; 01-28-15 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-28-15, 01:31 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

R Z, I forgot to personally mention you in my gratitude speech! For that I apologize! It definitely pays to have patience, faith and of course not only knowledge about the car, but I also learned a great deal about negotiating and the principles surrounding how and when to do so.
I just feel fortunate and I couldn't be more happy!

Ain't it cool?? I couldn't simplisticly agree more!

QUOTE=R Z;8888028]Man congratulations on a fine looking car. It pays to have patience and find the one that has your name on it. You found it! It's awesome. Now that it's yours, breathe deep, sit back and enjoy the ride. Over the coming months and years you'll make some changes, find some new things you never noticed before, and just continue to fall in love over and over again.

Ain't it cool!!![/QUOTE]
Old 01-28-15, 01:36 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Man, I'm digging those chrome finish 7 spokes! I actually really like the black chrome finish as well. Great looking OEM wheels!

QUOTE=CJITTY;8888075]2007-2012 600....previous post that will help ----> https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...ml#post8855350

Here is my car with OEM Hybrid 7 spoke wheels 19x8

If you prefer chrome, they look good also
[/QUOTE]
Old 01-28-15, 01:56 PM
Need4Speed
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Welcome to the club.....

Congrats on your New Car...
Old 01-28-15, 02:29 PM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What an absolutely beautiful and fantastic car we all warmly welcome you to the family.

is this a black interior?
Old 01-28-15, 03:55 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by peteybabes
What an absolutely beautiful and fantastic car we all warmly welcome you to the family.

is this a black interior?
PB!! Thank you ever so kindly! A personal thanks to you as well, as we've exchanged a few PM's as well.
To answer your question, yes the interior is black.
What's funny is that I felt I really wanted Metallic Silver with the Ash interior, but after giving it more though, with me living in a mostly cold region and dealing with snow, dirty snow at that, a child and light colored interior...well simply put-for me, that just made no sense! So I gladly welcome a darker interior!
BTW, if I never voiced my opinion regarding your LS, I absolutely love your color!
Old 01-28-15, 03:59 PM
Devh
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

The hybrid 7 spoke wheels non chrome are probably the best looking OEM wheels I have seen for this car.

I'm not into body kits because they are out there however there are some exceptions. These aftermarket wheels are the best ones I have seen that really complement the car.

Old 01-28-15, 04:45 PM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 352 Likes on 243 Posts

Same color as mine...beautiful car! Congrats, I know you've looked around long and hard for one.

How many miles?

Quick Reply: !!! NEW Humbled, Happy & Appreciative Owner !!!