LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

The "My LS460/600 Story" Thread (age, occupation and more)

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-15, 12:14 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts
Default The "My LS460/600 Story" Thread (age, occupation and more)

Fellow Past, Present and Future 460/600 owners, I believe most of us know how useful our forum has been to us when it comes to discussing our cars. We are a diverse group of individuals coming from different backgrounds and we are located all over the world. I personally have met some great people in this particular forum (and others) and have become really good friends with them in fact.

I think we can all gain from each other's experiences and background and I have decided to start this thread to get us more acquainted because I believe it can only make our forum that much stronger. Below is a template of questions I would like each of you to copy and paste and fill in your details. Share as much or as little information as you wish. I think we can have some fun with this and learn more about our passion for this car that "most" of us love more than we hate while perhaps opening more doors for networking.

I realize there are some other threads that touch on some of this info, but it is not all in one place. So again, just copy the template in a new reply and post it up.

Basic Rules:
1. Keep it clean
2. No disrespectful comments because this thread will be closely monitored
3. Let's keep this light and fun and provide as much factual information as possible
4. As a reminder..keep it clean!

- Hobbies/Special Interests:
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username:
- Year and LS Model I own (want):
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS:
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why:
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why:
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be:
- What I Love About My LS The Most:
- What I Hate About My LS The Most:
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..:

Last edited by CJITTY; 01-27-15 at 03:32 PM.
Old 01-27-15, 12:15 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

- General Location: Metro Atlanta Area
- Occupation: Lead IT Program Analyst, if you want specifics, PM me.
- Hobbies/Special Interests: NBA Basketball, Cars and Technology
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: On a basketball court in 1997 when a friend of mine said "Hey CJitty, pass the **** ball" (initials are CJ)...it stuck from there and folks just called me that.
- Year and LS Model I own (want): Own a 2008 LS600hL, previous owner of a 2007 LS460
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: At the Denver Auto Show when I lived there back in 2006. They had one on display and I passed out. Fell in love at first sight..for real.
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Dynamic Radar Cruise, no doubt about it!! I actually feel safer on the highway using it. An extra set of eyes basically.
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: Heated Steering Wheel because the wood stays ice cold LOL
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: Aftermarket Air Suspension with the iPhone App control. I've always liked adjustable suspensions, even growing up as a kid watching the lowriders and their hydros....My Data Controller for my OEM suspension is great, but I need a few moments with a snickers bar because of the time it takes!!
- What I Love About My LS The Most: The tomb like driving experience, the feeling when I pull up to valet, the feeling of accomplishing my goal of owning a dream car.
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: The price of enjoying those feelings lol. My biggest complaint is I don't think the car has that "aggressive" look like other big body cars without mods.
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: I did voice over work for local commercials like used car and truck lots in Colorado and in 1994 I was in a Wal-Mart commercial telling folks to "Come On In To Walmart For Back To School Savings" SMH!! haha

Last edited by CJITTY; 01-27-15 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-27-15, 02:51 PM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

- General Location: Massachusetts
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Computers/Harleys/Tattoos
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: My name and random number (usually use something tattoo related but changed it up here
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2007 LS460 SWB (want a 600hl and will get soon)
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: Had a 1998 LS400 in 1999 and loved it. Couldn't wait to get another one, but had some kids and home issues so couldn't until now. Got rid of the minivan and bought the LS.
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: The Hold button. I am lazy and love to relax at a light
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: Cruise Control. Because I don't have adaptive cruise It will be in the next one though.
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: None. I don't like changing the LS. I like simple and classy.
- What I Love About My LS The Most: The ride. I love hitting the highway and cruising. I absolutely love road trips. I also love the power.
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: The little annoying squeaks and pops inside. They should not be there no matter how old this car is.
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is.. That I have the job I do. I am completely sleeved, hands, neck tattoos, and its the last thing people think I would be doing. They think I'm a lowlife scumbag. Hahaha I love leaving a restaurant and watching peoples faces as I get in the LS.

Last edited by greg3852; 01-14-16 at 10:20 AM.
Old 01-27-15, 02:55 PM
jamodeo

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Love the idea CJ

- General Location: West Chicago Suburbs
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Cars, Guns, Technology
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: Its my fist initial last name
- Year and LS Model I own: 2013 LS460
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: When the 13 came out, traded in my 2009 GS460
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: All speed Dynamic Radar, PCS has actually saved me more than once
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: In the 13 they turned off the ability to shut the headlights off with two lock presses of the fob. They just stay on if not in auto
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: Probably wheels but I do really like my stock 19s
- What I Love About My LS The Most: Most amazing ride ever to me
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: I would say I wish it was more sporty, but I would tell myself then I should get a GS (not willing to give up the LS perks)
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: (I secretly wash my car at automatic washes all the time) KEEP THAT A SECRET

-Joe
Old 01-27-15, 05:20 PM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

- General Location:*San Francisco Bay Area
- Hobbies/Special Interests:*Baseball/Basketball/Football(SF Giants/Golden State Warriors /SF 49ers baby!)
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username:*It's funny but this was my AIM screename. If you say my name in a fobby Filipino accent Elvin sounds like L-Bin than Tab is part of my last name Lbintab
- Year and LS Model I own (want):*2007 460L
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: I actually didn't know I wanted one until I started looking for another car. I was actually looking for a Viper and stumbled upon some 460s. Then I looked for just the right one. A LWB without air or rear climate controls. Just the reclining seats. Why? I planned on aftermarket air. Why no rear climate? It takes up like 1/3 of the trunk.
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why:*Sliding seat bottom. I have long thighs haha.
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why:*OEM Nav. It just sucks. My phone is better. I just hate how it would look without it.
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be:*ummmmmm....ummmmmm...ummmmmm....hmmmmmm. ok got it. A show worthy sound system.
- What I Love About My LS The Most: it still looks like a $90k car years later.
- What I Hate About My LS The Most:*it's not as powerful as other cars in its class.
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: I'm blind in one eye.
Old 01-27-15, 05:37 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

- General Location: Chapel Hill, NC
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Technology, music, guitar, cars, face climbing, whitewater kayaking (winding down on the last two)
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: Same name as I use on all forums (fora?)
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2007 LS460
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: Process of elimination - my previous 40 year obsession with BMWs was terminated by the Bangle styling debacle in the 2000s. I liked my IS250 but wanted something bigger.
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Bluetooth - like to talk on the phone to my kids while driving.
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: Design short-cuts/deficiencies (wind noise, squeaks, rattles, ticks and jiggles)
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: A great sound system (sorry, the ML is good but not great).
- What I Love About My LS The Most: Smooth ride on smooth surfaces
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: Non-scheduled maintenance/repair costs.
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is: Came to the US from the UK in 1976.
Old 01-27-15, 07:54 PM
aaauae
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

- General Location: United Arab Emirates
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Cars
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: Its initials of my name and my country
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2007 LS460
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: Wasnt even close to buy a LS , I wanted a GS460 , But then i found a blue LS460 and i knew i had to get it it was Perfect .
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Heated Seats in Winter and Cooled seats in Summer
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: Not really Anything in Specific may be wind noise
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: Air suspension
- What I Love About My LS The Most: comfort
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: Speed limiter is the worst thing
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: Nothing really
Old 01-27-15, 07:55 PM
Johnhw2
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

- General Location: Plano, tx
- Occupation: retiree, worked in oil and gas as engineer and executive
- Hobbies/Special Interests: golf and more golf and the NM mountains to snowshoe or golf
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: same as I use elsewhere, name/initials/ number
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2014 LWB AWD
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: I had a 1990LS400, been Infiniti since until now
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: BSM won't havea car or SUV without it
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: backup camera, less effective than Infiniti which has a second set of lines showing where the car will go if steering is kept in the current position, in other words those lines move as you move the steering wheel. I think 2015 may have this
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: none
- What I Love About My LS The Most: size and smooth ride with little feel or sound when it shifts
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: I don't hate anything but wish it had the backup camera second set of lines
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: I too use car washes don't tell a soul or that I have two PhD musicians for brothers
Old 01-27-15, 08:05 PM
ctatum7
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

- General Location: Birmingham, AL
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Fishing, Hunting, Bowling
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: Initial and last name.
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2008 600h L
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: Not impressed with wife's BMW. Owned a 500sl-fun but nothing special. After reading up on the 600h L, found one, drove it, and bought it.
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Toss up between ML sound sytem and comfort ride adjustment
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: Factory rims. Zero wow factor. Nope- minus zero.
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: Rims and tires. Coming soon.
- What I Love About My LS The Most: The Ride and uniqueness of the car.
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: No trunk space.
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: My preference for rap music. Go Weezy.
Old 01-27-15, 08:54 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

- General Location: Metro Atlanta Area
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Home Audio/ Home Theater nut.
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: Short for my first name since my childhood.
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2007 LWB, previous owner of a 2007 LS460 SWB and 2004 LS430 but can't wait for a 2013 plus.
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: 2006 spring AJC International Auto Show in Atlanta.
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: I have two the Hold button and Radar cruise!
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: Grayed out nanny feature for menu options, Lexus should allow access in the first place.
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: Aftermarket A/S.
- What I Love About My LS The Most: The looks, all the buttons and ride quality.
- What I Hate About My LS. The Most: No auto close for the trunk and passenger memory seats. (added in 2009)
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: Nothing I can think of that is interesting.

Last edited by Tee; 01-28-15 at 09:05 AM.
Old 01-28-15, 04:34 AM
wbrian63
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

- General Location: Houston, TX
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Woodworking, Auto Restoration
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: ID I use everywhere else - first initial of first name + middle name + year I was born
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2007 LS460L
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: Had a 2002 Mercedes S55AMG with 175k that was becoming "needy". Many other Lexi in the family, all of which have been more-or-less trouble free.
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Probably Push To Start, as that was one of the options my MB didn't have and I hate fussing with keys
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: Slow-*** automatic trunk that can't be closed from the interior. Also - not near enough rubber on the ground for the amount of power the car has.
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: Rims and tires
- What I Love About My LS The Most: Combination of comfort and power with very acceptable gas mileage. I'm +3mpg around town from the MB...
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: No passenger power seat.
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: I'm an open book - no secrets
Old 01-28-15, 06:25 AM
riknchar
Instructor

Received 227 Likes on 140 Posts

- General Location: Omaha NE
- Occupation: Retired Military, Current Government Employee, Own/operate a photography business
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Photography, racquetball, fitness, technology, motorcycles
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: Combo of my first name and my wife's first name
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2008 LS600hL (would like to upgrade to a 2012 LS600hL at some point)
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: Test drove one for kicks at a Lexus dealer. Had the eerie feeling that my ears were suddenly plugged or I had gone "under water" while driving... knew I had to have one!
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Hold button, Dynamic Cruise, Hybrid Technology
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: Ventilated seats don't seem to do much cooling on hot days...
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: None. I always keep my cars bone stock...
- What I Love About My LS The Most: Amazing refinement, quiet ride, power, soft leather seats...
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: Persistent (though fairly minor) wind noise I can't seem to totally eliminate.
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: I'm about half deaf from too many rock concerts in my youth... Just got hearing aids, so I think people will now realize how deaf I am!
Old 01-28-15, 06:46 AM
joeyb
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

- General Location: NJ
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Bicycling
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username:
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2012 SWB
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: after driving it
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: ML stereo, air susp
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: self parking
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be:
- What I Love About My LS The Most: trunk space
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: seat comfort ( I sink down in the center)
Old 01-28-15, 07:02 AM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

- General Location: Columbus OH
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Cars, Music, Comedy and Food
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: Just a screen name I've used for 10 years.
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2015 LS600HL with Executive Class Seating Package is what I want, but currently have a 2007 LS460L with Executive Class Seating Package.
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: When I switched from a 1987 Porshce 944S I went to a LS430UL, and I fell in love with Lexus so My next step was to What I currently have!
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Executive rear right seat & Mark Levinson system.
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: Can't modify the GPS while driving.
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: Body Kit and Air Suspension Module
- What I Love About My LS The Most: The ride and the Power with supreme comfort
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: Still louder than my LS430 for wind noise...
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: I'm Giant fat redneck at 6'3" and 370lbs. lol!!
Old 01-28-15, 07:12 AM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

This is a great thread!

- General Location: Memphis, TN

- Occupation: Wife & I own a promotional products, imprinted apparel & awards company

- Hobbies/Special Interests: home recording studio/musician

- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: My former boss in the late 80's was all up in to initials. He used the first letter of my first name and last letter of my last name: RZ

- Year and LS Model I own (want): Currently I have an 08 LS460 (saving for a 13 or 14 down the road)

- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: I saw the TV ad in 1989.

- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Love the ML system

- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: Nothing comes to mind.

- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: Bluetooth audio.

- What I Love About My LS The Most: Everything!

- What I Hate About My LS The Most: This is the noisiest car I've ever owned. Probably need to do that trim mod and maybe that will help!

Back in the late 70's I ran camera for studio wrestling every Saturday morning. The star back then was Jerry "the King" Lawler. I always got my friends in early and sat them on the side of the bad guy! lol

Quick Reply: The "My LS460/600 Story" Thread (age, occupation and more)