LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Lexus Roadside Assistance is a JOKE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-15, 06:51 PM
hfahmy
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

So, this is my sixth LS, current: two certified 460L and 600, so I have every right to get good service!!! I called today to follow-up on my complaint about the roadside assistance and guess what... Complain is not even documented!!! Also, the customer satisfaction representative who took my call asked me when I told him it is about my LS600hl, "is this a Toyota"!!! This is the level of caliber they employee in their HQ, so imagine who is doing your roadside assistance...

If I don't get some attention on Monday a letter is going out to the top dog here in the US, have his email address

Last edited by hfahmy; 01-31-15 at 07:25 PM.
Old 02-01-15, 11:55 AM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

High-ups get inundated with (nuisance) emails every day. It's too easy to shoot one off and too easy to blow them off. A written let might get more attention.
Old 02-01-15, 01:25 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Originally Posted by hfahmy
So, this is my sixth LS, current: two certified 460L and 600, so I have every right to get good service!!!
Everybody who buys a Lexus has a right to get good service. What you don't have a right to is preferential service over another Lexus owner.

I called today to follow-up on my complaint about the roadside assistance and guess what... Complain is not even documented!!! Also, the customer satisfaction representative who took my call asked me when I told him it is about my LS600hl, "is this a Toyota"!!! This is the level of caliber they employee in their HQ, so imagine who is doing your roadside assistance...
AAA is doing your roadside assistance. I have never seen a Lexus roadside assistance vehicle, and like I said the time I called them to change a tire they just sent AAA.

As for your call, who did you call? 1-800-25-LEXUS?

If I don't get some attention on Monday a letter is going out to the top dog here in the US, have his email address
What you'll get back is a form letter. People of that caliber don't answer their own email, he'll never even see it.
Old 02-01-15, 01:59 PM
hfahmy
Advanced

I don't really know what are you trying to argue here... Do you want consumers of top quality brand who paid premium for their cars plus premium for certification to settle for below average service??? Also, I did not ask for preferential service... I asked for good service as a loyal customer to the brand... My contract for roadside assistance is with Lexus not AAA. I don't know AAA...

If my complain brings to their executives' attention the issues they are having, then mission accomplished... Hoping that next time I call when I am in the middle of no where it will not take them two and an half hours... At least I tried rather than be helpless without hope for the better... I suggest you call too if you had below average service, rather than discouraging others...

On the other hand, if you are a Lexus employee, I am sure that you are not allowed to engage in this discussion...

Last edited by hfahmy; 02-01-15 at 02:06 PM.
Old 02-01-15, 02:13 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

This is all very unfortunate. I have never needed roadside assistance (this, of course, will promptly change first thing tomorrow morning...), but indeed, my understanding has always been that there is no Lexus-proper service, in which case, we are "stuck" with AAA. Interestingly, my dealer does have an RX labeled Roadside Assistance, which I was told gets called via the 800 number if you are in the area.

Separate from that, while it sucks to be stranded, other than the dealership where I service, I honestly have not seen any other dealership (including the main ones out here, both of which are much bigger than where I go) that service on Sunday. Because the battery on the 600 is so unique, that does put you (and other fellow 600 owners, like me) in a bind unless tow trucks begin to carry spares which I would deem unlikely.

Now, forgive me if I missed this somewhere in the thread, but in the end, what are you hoping to get from Customer Service? Certainly, the rep's not knowing what a 600 is doesn't quite inspire much confidence (simply from the standpoint of not knowing the vehicle line-up), and I get that, but what else are you looking for?

On a separate note, my car has been parked for a while, so I decided to hook up the charger to the battery (even though it tested OK not long ago). Of course, I jinxed myself earlier.
Old 02-01-15, 02:16 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

LOL, I am not a Lexus employee. I've just somebody thats been a Lexus customer for 17 years, and I know how they and other carmakers work. The only reason why I posted in this thread was the comments by several people that Lexus should raise their prices or cut cheaper models so they can better serve them as LS owners. Which is preposterous arrogance, especially from people that own 7 and 8 year old cars they bought used for less than those models cost they think should be cut.

I have no problem with expecting quality service, and I have expected it over the past 17 years and have usually gotten it. What I have an issue with though is self importance. Why do you think the head of Lexus US has any interest at all in the roadside assistance you had with your used Lexus? Writing that email will get you nowhere, they get dozens if not hundreds of them a day...and they get a form letter response which is probably auto generated and nobody cares.

What you need to do is call Lexus customer service and ask to speak to a manager, or to send your concern to Lexus customer care through the online portal they have for such things. THAT is what will get you a response, you thinking that the head of Lexus US gives one iota of attention to such things is just ego.

My contract for roadside assistance is with Lexus not AAA
I understand this, I'm just telling you...all they do is call AAA on your behalf. Nobody from Lexus comes out when you have a roadside need. Thats what took so long, AAA was bogged down in your vicinity that day. They only have so much staff, and if people have called before you...they come first whether you have an "LS600h" or whatever. The dealership doesn't do service on Saturday...they aren't going to open up their service department to replace your battery. THATS my point.

I suggest you call too if you had below average service, rather than discouraging others...
I have called on occasion and I've been taken care of. I'm not discouraging others from doing so, I am just pointing out that "emailing the head of Lexus US" is just an ego boost, its not going to get you anywhere. If you have an issue with your trash pickup, do you call the President of the United States? Or even the Governor of your state? No...that would be silly. This is just as silly.

At the end of the day, nothing will come from any of your efforts to "tell Lexus" about what happened to you. My advice would be to just move on.

Last edited by SW17LS; 02-01-15 at 02:25 PM.
Old 02-01-15, 02:28 PM
hfahmy
Advanced

Name of the Lexus exec who I am talking about is on this forum. Emails to him worked for me and for two of my neighbors in the past. I don't know him personally but I know that there is a executive escalation process in Lexus. The difference you get with this process, rather than calling the 800 number, is thinking out of the box and bypass for all the red tape because the top guy saw it...You just got to try...

Last edited by hfahmy; 02-01-15 at 02:36 PM.
Old 02-01-15, 02:36 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

What exactly is it you would like the guy to do for you at this point?
Old 02-01-15, 02:38 PM
hfahmy
Advanced

I will let you know the outcome of my email/complain soon
Old 02-01-15, 04:02 PM
davidber
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no skin in this game.

I want to correct one thing that I see that is wrong. All Lexus' that would require roadside would be a used Lexus. It doesn't matter if it is a 93,03, or 13. They are all used.

The only new ones are at the factory, on the boat and at the dealership.
Old 02-01-15, 04:55 PM
Devh
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

From my understanding most roadside services source small tow truck operations that are tied into the system. There is no actual branded roadside service. If the tow truck didn't show up on time as they usually do because most of the tow trucks are probably engaged with other customers.

It's clearly written
http://www.lexus.com/cpo/overview/stellar_coverage.html
- Roadside Assistance
Complimentary 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We'll send help anywhere in the continental U.S.A., with a national network of roadside-service providers. Just call the toll-free number and Lexus will take care of the details.
It is impossible to get any preferential service when dealing with third party service.

Lexus roadside service is better then other roadside service in this area and this is what they would be accountable for.

Trip Interruption
If your vehicle breaks down while you're away from home, you will be reimbursed for meals and lodging for a maximum of three nights (up to $200 per night) while repairs are performed on your car, in addition to a rental car for up to five days (up to $50 per day).

- Loaner Car
Complimentary, of course, for any warrantable repair exceeding eight hours.
Old 02-01-15, 08:02 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by davidber
I have no skin in this game.

I want to correct one thing that I see that is wrong. All Lexus' that would require roadside would be a used Lexus. It doesn't matter if it is a 93,03, or 13. They are all used.

The only new ones are at the factory, on the boat and at the dealership.
This is absolutely true. I don't have an issue with a used Lexus, I'm just saying someone who buys a used $38k LS is not better than someone who buys a new $38k CT. For that person to say "They should do away with these smaller cheaper cars and get back to being a true luxury car company (i.e. just make the car I have)" is frankly ridiculous.

As for the roadside, the only actual branded roadside vehicles I've seen out on the road are from Mercedes. Like I said before, I laughed at the woman when she called me and tried to get me to extend Lexus roadside when the car went out of warranty...I just joined AAA, cut out the middleman and got the discounts.
Old 02-09-15, 04:14 PM
hfahmy
Advanced

So, without esclation Lexus handled my roadside assistance complain very professionally! I was very calm describing my experience with facts. After investigation, they admitted that guidelines were not followed and someone dropped the ball. They said "we wouldn't know if no one told us". I received an apology letter and gift card

My 2 cents: if your loyal to the brand with track record that shows it, don't live with less than satisfactory experience!
Attached Thumbnails Lexus Roadside Assistance is a JOKE!!!!-image.jpg  

Last edited by hfahmy; 02-09-15 at 04:26 PM.
Old 02-09-15, 08:21 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by hfahmy
So, without esclation Lexus handled my roadside assistance complain very professionally! I was very calm describing my experience with facts. After investigation, they admitted that guidelines were not followed and someone dropped the ball. They said "we wouldn't know if no one told us". I received an apology letter and gift card My 2 cents: if your loyal to the brand with track record that shows it, don't live with less than satisfactory experience!
I knew it would end well. Great job handling this!

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
Old 02-10-15, 12:08 PM
LXurious
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
As mentioned, this has been discussed before. I personally chose not to go the "around about" way and getting a standard battery and jumping the additional wire. I went through an independent auto shop and I'm friends with the owner. He was able to get me an oem 600hL starter battery for low 300s (his cost) if I recall correctly and it went right in. Resolved all of the crazy issues I was having. Like TPMS sensors not checking in, warning lights, funny issues with Nav system..on and on. That battery controls a ton of stuff and if the voltage isn't right where it needs to be, it will drive you crazy. I say do it right and get the battery it calls for. I really didn't have a choice because I still have a full warranty on my car and didn't want any drama with the dealer if I have some other hybrid or electrical issue pop up. That unique battery we have is there for a reason, just my 2 cents.

Side note, some of the dealerships I called WOULD NOT ship the battery to me due to hazardous material. I didn't try Sewell, but that's a good price...shipping is going to be a beast though if I had to guess
Idk how you never were able to get around that you are probably the most intelligent guy on here when it comes to figuring things out. I got 2 after market batts in my 600 now its great I can play music for 45 minutes with the car off no issues, and I assume I can jump start my self. On a side note I have AAA they have never let me down and I will remain loyal to them for years to come.

Quick Reply: Lexus Roadside Assistance is a JOKE!!!!