Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the LS600h L model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the LS600h. Please use the main 4LS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation LS models.

Insane LS600h deal inside

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-15, 02:33 PM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Insane LS600h deal inside

As much as it pains me to do this, I can't grab this right now. But it is a 2008 LS600h with 43K miles. Full service history from the Lexus dealer. Valve repair done.

28k dollars....Yup 28k...Not sure if there was a dead body in it, or it got hit? I know nothing about this car other than seeing it online and wanting to pass it on to someone here. Good luck if anyone checks it out. I don't see it for sale long.

LS600h Deal of the Year so far...
Old 01-16-15, 03:27 PM
hfahmy
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Accident ... car was disabled...Buy it at your own risk...

http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...034BFEEC4132A0
Old 01-16-15, 03:49 PM
Devh
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

For that price the accident wouldn't scare me off. It appears it was hit early in it's life and continued to be in service. When these newer cars are hit they may have some disabling features to prevent fire. If it was reset then all should be well. If it was hit very hard then there would have been frame damage and the car would have been totaled. I would check the service history to see if any other components were replaced, then I would have a body guy examine the work. If it all checks out then why not enjoy a great value.
Old 01-16-15, 05:25 PM
Wandl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Wow darn - had this been 3 weeks ago I would be on the way to Alabama...
Maybe I can trade my 2-week old in while I get a dissapproving look from my wife.

This is an awesome deal, even with the accident...
Old 01-16-15, 07:31 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Insane deal.

I'm one of those who could care less if my ride was in a previous accident. No one can tell it was and it saves you $$$$$$$.

My current ride was in an accident to the tune of 12k dollars 5 years before I bought it. Saved me about 8g. I could not tell that it had been in an accident and I was happy to cash in on the savings. That 12g in repairs consisted of a passenger side headlamp assy (3k dollars +) and fender, bumper and paint.
Old 01-16-15, 07:36 PM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

I would be more concerned if the front end has been wrecked. As mentioned this happened in 08. Seems like the car has driven just fine ever since. With a little negotiating, this is a great car.
Old 01-17-15, 12:50 AM
baam
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Why?

I am new to the ranks of the LS460 having purchased a well equipped 2007 a just few months ago but I don't really understand the allure their seems to be on this forum for the LS600. While it is obviously a very nice car and I'm not trying to knock it, it seems to me that the 460 is a much better value with fewer possible problems than the 600 while delivering much better highway mpg (28-30 for me) and about the same around town (19-20 for me). Personally, I didn't even consider the 600 when I was looking for an LS. Sorry, I don't get it?
Old 01-17-15, 04:19 AM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by baam
I am new to the ranks of the LS460 having purchased a well equipped 2007 a just few months ago but I don't really understand the allure their seems to be on this forum for the LS600. While it is obviously a very nice car and I'm not trying to knock it, it seems to me that the 460 is a much better value with fewer possible problems than the 600 while delivering much better highway mpg (28-30 for me) and about the same around town (19-20 for me). Personally, I didn't even consider the 600 when I was looking for an LS. Sorry, I don't get it?
I would love to know how you get 19 in the city. Share your secret because I don't see anything close to that. I'm lucky if I get 16-17 at most and only for a short period of time.

The 600 is the flagship. Comes loaded. Has the power of a V12. More standard features. Overall it's a better car. Ask anyone who went from a 460 to one. I think anyone who purchased a 600 new doesn't care one bit about value, and for those of us buying used it is an even better value than the 460. Whether its purely because of the numbers, or the 600 is a better built car, I feel there are far fewer issues with the 600.

When I bought my swb I thought that's all I needed but now I want the 600. From a SWB, I want the longer car, and the better city mileage as most of mine is in the city.

Last edited by greg3852; 01-17-15 at 04:46 AM.
Old 01-17-15, 05:21 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

[
I would love to know how you get 19 in the city. Share your secret because I don't see anything close to that. I'm lucky if I get 16-17 at most and only for a short period of time.

Read more: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...#ixzz3P5INuo5Q
You should have a closer look at your car to see if something is amiss. I easily get 20+ mpg in the city and I am far from light-footed on the go pedal. This has been discussed here at CL regularly and 20 mg and more is the norm.
Old 01-17-15, 07:46 AM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by roadfrog
[

You should have a closer look at your car to see if something is amiss. I easily get 20+ mpg in the city and I am far from light-footed on the go pedal. This has been discussed here at CL regularly and 20 mg and more is the norm.
I'm due for an oil change so I'll bring it up. I'm regularly getting 13-15 if going easy.

Called about the 600 and it already has a deposit on it.
Old 01-17-15, 07:56 AM
Devh
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by roadfrog
[

I don't get that and I'm RWD. I get anywhere between 16-18 city. I imagine it has a lot to do with the ethanol percentage in your gas.
Old 01-17-15, 08:06 AM
Wandl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by greg3852
I'm due for an oil change so I'll bring it up. I'm regularly getting 13-15 if going easy.

Called about the 600 and it already has a deposit on it.
I sent an email inquiry haven't gotten anything back, that may explain why...damn steal of a deal!
Old 01-17-15, 08:13 AM
fly_s2k
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Devh
I don't get that and I'm RWD. I get anywhere between 16-18 city. I imagine it has a lot to do with the ethanol percentage in your gas.
Likewise. Another RWD and I only get about 16-17 mpg in the city. I get 19-20 mpg if its mixed highway/city with a slight bias towards highway.
Old 01-18-15, 12:14 AM
baam
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by greg3852

The 600 is the flagship. Comes loaded. Has the power of a V12. More standard features. Overall it's a better car. Ask anyone who went from a 460 to one. I think anyone who purchased a 600 new doesn't care one bit about value, and for those of us buying used it is an even better value than the 460. Whether its purely because of the numbers, or the 600 is a better built car, I feel there are far fewer issues with the 600.

When I bought my swb I thought that's all I needed but now I want the 600. From a SWB, I want the longer car, and the better city mileage as most of mine is in the city.
The MPG data I posted is what I have seen so far on my car. I don't hot rod it much but I do have fun with it. Before I bought it I had trolled this forum for a while and the car is performing about as I hoped it would based on what I read here.

I don't know why you say the 600 is a "better" car. It is a different car for sure but that doesn't make it better car. For me, the SWB 460 is just what I was looking for, a solid reliable road car that still got decent gas mileage (not so important right now) with more than enough available power. I don't have anyone to drive me around (my wife refuses) so while all the rear seat toys are cool, I wouldn't use them if I had them. I far as reliability goes, the 600 is obviously a more complex car that I assume uses 460 parts where they interchange but still has many more parts and systems which in my experience means more things to break. While the 600 no doubt has (I haven't driven one) a plusher interior, I'm sure the build quality of the 460 is on par with the 600.

I bought my 460 to use mostly for road trips, It won't be a daily driver for me. I'm not a collector nor will I be modifying it. I will keep my 460 as long as it provides reliable service which, I hope will be at least 5-6 years.
Old 01-20-15, 04:57 AM
Soldier76
Driver

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Wandl
I sent an email inquiry haven't gotten anything back, that may explain why...damn steal of a deal!
I believe this is the same car on cargurus. If so then that car got some expensive damage on the left side of the fender, and the headlight is cracked on the same side, and the rims are scratched up as well

Quick Reply: Insane LS600h deal inside