LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Just picked up an LS460.....let the fun begin!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-15, 04:19 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Just picked up an LS460.....let the fun begin!

i've been around CL forever with different model Lexus cars, just picked up an 07 LS460. Black Saphire Pearl with tan interior. 62k miles on her.

I have a lot of fun with my 770 rwhp turbo GS.....I loved my LS430 that I just sold......but I gotta say, in the short time I have owned this LS460, I absolutely love it. Its only been a few weeks, but I am feeling this car.

I think im going to keep this one a little more subtle than my other Lex's in the past. My plans are as follows, and should be done in the next few weeks....although I will wait to throw the shoes on her until winter is over.

staggered 22" Vossen CVT directionals (just got these today)
tanabe springs ( i have these, but might go BC coils with swift springs)
Vertex lip kit
Joe Z exhaust
Prestige Society nav/dvd bypass
light tint

I think that will pretty much be it. Clean and classy. Im trying to keep the balance between modding and daily driving.....something I have never managed to do in the past (thus the 770 hp GS ).
Im really going back and forth on the suspension. I was given the Tanabe's for free, and was told that the ride is damn near stock, and they sit perfect with 22's. I have always ran coilovers on all of my cars, so im worried that they wont be low enough. Dont want to pay labor twice if I can help it.
Old 01-09-15, 05:06 PM
Nospinzone

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

Welcome to this forum. Looking forward to the before and after pics!
Old 01-09-15, 05:10 PM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 352 Likes on 243 Posts

Nice! Congrats! I think you are going to love this car. I bought an 07 a year ago and I haven't looked back since...zero problems...nothing but perfection thus far.
Old 01-09-15, 05:22 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Welcome Pimp!!

Glad you joined us here in the LS forums! Loved what you did with the GS back in the day, so I know your LS will be stellar!! I've been lurking here watching the great builds go on!! Grinding now to save a few pennies to get my 07 L w/ executive pkg modded! great pick up and its a keeper for sure!! Keep us posted.
Old 01-09-15, 05:56 PM
Wandl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Hey!

Welcome and as others mentioned can't wait to see the pics of this beast of yours!!
Old 01-09-15, 05:57 PM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

Sounds like a sweet ride. Looking forward to seeing before and after pix.
Old 01-09-15, 06:59 PM
cwillgo
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice color combo...oh wait it's the same as mine

Looking forward to your clean and classy build. I've had my LS for about 6 weeks now and absolutely love it still. I'm also waiting for the snow and weather to warm up so I can start modding my car as well.
Old 01-09-15, 07:13 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Welcome to the LS family and looking forward to seeing final outcome!
Old 01-10-15, 06:19 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

thanks fellas.....I see some of the OG's from the GS days on the LS forums...it took me a little longer to catch on I guess. One of my buddys had the LS460 swb, then the 460L, then the 600H......I kept looking at his cars and I couldnt get the 460 out of my mind.

I will take some good before and after pics once this weather breaks.....we had snow a few days ago, so she is dirty as a **** right now.

Great to finally be here on this forum. Crazy thing is ive had the car for a few weeks, already wishing I waited it out for a LWB! I see one in my future.
Old 01-10-15, 08:54 AM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Personally I didn't like the ride on just the springs. I felt it actually lowered the car more than I expected. You can definitely tell the car is lowered...not stock feeling. The best possible upgrade I did was the BBK. Totally changed the braking of the car. Most will say the braking is fine as it is...that's going to come from someone who hasn't upgraded to a big brake kit. Let me tell you braking can ALWAYS be better and this boat of a car benefits from it. As for the springs I pulled them out and went full air.
Old 01-10-15, 09:00 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Welcome to our neck of the woods!
Old 01-10-15, 10:32 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Lbintab, what didn't youblike about the ride with springs? Too soft, too hard, too bouncy, etc, etc.. I was more worried about them not lowering the car enough.
Old 01-11-15, 11:14 PM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by TTurboPimp
Lbintab, what didn't youblike about the ride with springs? Too soft, too hard, too bouncy, etc, etc.. I was more worried about them not lowering the car enough.
You look like a guy who's been around the block. It feels like lowering a car on springs with stock shocks. That was the thing to do when I was younger and first started modding cars. kinda soft and bouncy.
Old 01-12-15, 08:00 AM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome color combo! welcome to the family, can't wait to see pix!
Old 01-13-15, 05:14 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lbintab
You look like a guy who's been around the block. It feels like lowering a car on springs with stock shocks. That was the thing to do when I was younger and first started modding cars. kinda soft and bouncy.
Lol, you got a point, it's been so long since i ran springs I forgot what it was like. Funny, last time I did that was when I was like 18 on my VW GTI

Quick Reply: Just picked up an LS460.....let the fun begin!