LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

New shoes on my baby!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-14, 08:22 PM
Prplux
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New shoes on my baby!!!

What's up CL? This is my first post on CL. I got my 2010 Ls460 sport in June. I finally save enough money to get my wheels and tires!!! Lowering springs are coming in a month or two. Let me know what you think.

Niche Veronas
22X9 and 22X10.5
245-30 and 295-25 Continentals
Tanabes springs coming soon
Attached Thumbnails New shoes on my baby!!!-image.jpg  
Old 12-26-14, 08:25 PM
Prplux
Driver School Candidate

Default More pics

The aerial view
Old 12-26-14, 08:27 PM
Prplux
Driver School Candidate

Default Pics

The rear view
Old 12-26-14, 08:29 PM
Prplux
Driver School Candidate

Default Pics

And another one
Old 12-26-14, 09:12 PM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I have springs for sale right now. Pm me.
Old 01-19-15, 07:41 PM
Prplux
Driver School Candidate

Springs will be here this week!!!!!
Old 01-19-15, 08:26 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Nice..the drop will make it look even better. Don't forget to add your entry on this thread once you get your springs on.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...ls-thread.html

Remember to drive it a little hard to settle the springs down some and then take pics
Old 01-20-15, 01:16 PM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

wow! looking great!

can't wait to see this with the springs installed.
Old 01-21-15, 10:00 AM
Prplux
Driver School Candidate

Thanks fellas!! I cant wait! I feel like a little kid on Christmas Eve.

CJITTY, I actually following your Sticky on the Tanabe springs install. I'm going to pick up the +2 brackets in a couple days. I checked out the Ingalls website and i found this. I'm not sure if this was available when the you wrote the sticky.

http://www.ingallseng.com/mmy.php?ye...=75&model=5862

Thoughts?
Old 01-21-15, 01:34 PM
dlbuckls10
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts
Thumbs up

Great new shoes. Distinctive and impressive. A head turner.
Old 01-23-15, 10:22 AM
Prplux
Driver School Candidate

Thanks dlbuckls10!!! I appreciate it. I was second guessing my choice in wheels because I wasn’t receiving any love when I posted them in December.

My springs are in and the brackets are on the way. Sometime next week, I will be a very happy camper!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-23-15, 03:15 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by Prplux
Thanks fellas!! I cant wait! I feel like a little kid on Christmas Eve.

CJITTY, I actually following your Sticky on the Tanabe springs install. I'm going to pick up the +2 brackets in a couple days. I checked out the Ingalls website and i found this. I'm not sure if this was available when the you wrote the sticky.

http://www.ingallseng.com/mmy.php?ye...=75&model=5862

Thoughts?
I actually helped identify a discrepancy with Ingalls parts for my old Acura TL Type S...there was a change in parts during the same model year..actually went to their facility in the western suburbs of Denver when I lived there. You can search on Acurazine with my CJITTY username for all the writeups...you know me lol. Really good folks at Ingalls. So are these adjustable arms or just OEM spec replacements?

You'll love the Tanabes...car drove very nice with those. About a 10-15% reduction in "luxury" comfort but still miles above most cars on the road. Keep us posted and good luck
Old 01-23-15, 07:38 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

looks great. I miss my big girl. Track day tomorrow and loving my ISF, but I still miss that LS presence. They look amazing with a drop and wheels
Old 02-03-15, 10:19 AM
Prplux
Driver School Candidate

Default Update

I took my car to get the springs and +2mm brackets to get installed. The installer comes out about an hour later and shows me a bad control arm. He then tells me the first two he checked were bad. I tell him to put everything back together so I can take it to the dealership. (Its a CPO) I tell the dealer to check my control arms and they call me 4 hours later telling me i have 6 bad control arms. She tells me it's 4K in parts so they have to get an adjuster to look at it to get approved to repair under the warranty.

Now I am crapping in my pants thinking they are going to tell me that the warranty for the control arms in voided because of the aftermarket wheels. Granted I've only had the wheels on the car a little over a month but they may try to pass the buc to not spend the money.

Thoughts
Old 02-03-15, 04:48 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by Prplux
I took my car to get the springs and +2mm brackets to get installed. The installer comes out about an hour later and shows me a bad control arm. He then tells me the first two he checked were bad. I tell him to put everything back together so I can take it to the dealership. (Its a CPO) I tell the dealer to check my control arms and they call me 4 hours later telling me i have 6 bad control arms. She tells me it's 4K in parts so they have to get an adjuster to look at it to get approved to repair under the warranty.

Now I am crapping in my pants thinking they are going to tell me that the warranty for the control arms in voided because of the aftermarket wheels. Granted I've only had the wheels on the car a little over a month but they may try to pass the buc to not spend the money.

Thoughts
Control arms have gone bad on more non modified vehicles than those with wheels I csn promise you that. You shouldn't have any issues as control arms are known to be less than bulletproof on our cars. I always assume the worst so I swap to my oem wheels if I ever have any issue with hubs, suspension and transmisssion and I go in for dealer service. The wheels didnt fail your control arms..trust me

Quick Reply: New shoes on my baby!!!