LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

New shoes on my baby!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-15, 08:15 AM
Prplux
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update II

CJITTY, you were correct!! They covered the control arms (total of 8) under the warranty. They also included an alignment. I’m picking the car up today and rescheduling an appointment to get it lowered. Cant wait!!!
Old 02-06-15, 08:58 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Prplux
CJITTY, you were correct!! They covered the control arms (total of 8) under the warranty. They also included an alignment. I’m picking the car up today and rescheduling an appointment to get it lowered. Cant wait!!!
#Winning yesssurrr
Old 02-10-15, 07:27 AM
Prplux
Driver School Candidate

Default Update III

They replaced 8 control arms. When I went to pick up the vehicle and turn in the loaner, I did a visual inspection of the vehicle. These fools jacked up three of my wheels. One wheel had road rash and the other three were nicked up in the slots where the they put the lug nuts out.

They said they have a wheel guy that going to attempt to fix them, if not they will buy me new wheels.

PISSED!!!
Old 02-10-15, 09:39 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

They replaced 8 control arms. When I went to pick up the vehicle and turn in the loaner, I did a visual inspection of the vehicle. These fools jacked up three of my wheels. One wheel had road rash and the other three were nicked up in the slots where the they put the lug nuts out.

They said they have a wheel guy that going to attempt to fix them, if not they will buy me new wheels.

PISSED!!!
Wait what?????? How did they get that much damage that fast???? This is exactly why I put on my factory wheels when getting work done that involves removing wheels....folks just do not take the time..ughhh
Old 02-10-15, 07:12 PM
RayLS
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

PISSED!!!
Sorry to hear about that. At least they will buy you new wheels if they can't fix them.

CJITTY, good idea.
No aftermarket wheels yet but planning on getting a set soon. Will keep in mind to put on OEM wheels prior to dealer service that involves removing wheels.
Old 02-12-15, 11:02 AM
Prplux
Driver School Candidate

Default Update III

They fixed the wheels. I told them I will go inspect and pick up the vehicle on Saturday. They sent me a pick of them to my phone and they look new so we will see how they look in person. I will post before and after pics. They also decided to comp my 60K service for the inconvenience so I'm happy about that.

I will defenitly be changing my wheels out before takiing it in again. (Unless it's close to my 90K service) lol
Old 02-12-15, 11:04 AM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

That's good news. They look great on that car.