LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

The LS460 L test drive

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-14, 05:35 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts
Default TSIB for cracked console...

Nice find, CRowe14! There is a TSIB for cracked wood on the console. Whether this is the very same issue this car has or not, I don't know (though I'm thinking that it probably is), but if it is, there is a chance your Lexus dealership/Lexus corporate may help you out, with this being a known issue. Yes, there is a warranty code applicable to each TSIB, and given the age and mileage of this vehicle, the TSIB technically no longer applies, but there is a chance they would help you...

I have attached the bulletin.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
L-SB-0040-11(1).pdf (404.8 KB, 268 views)
Old 12-18-14, 10:36 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by caha14
Nice find, CRowe14! There is a TSIB for cracked wood on the console. Whether this is the very same issue this car has or not, I don't know (though I'm thinking that it probably is), but if it is, there is a chance your Lexus dealership/Lexus corporate may help you out, with this being a known issue. Yes, there is a warranty code applicable to each TSIB, and given the age and mileage of this vehicle, the TSIB technically no longer applies, but there is a chance they would help you...

I have attached the bulletin.
cava14, you may find this interesting...
So here's what happened. I Googled "2007 LS460 L panel console replacement" and among the results, a thread from this forum showed up, entitled: Crack in wood console. As I read through it, I saw that you had posted a .pdf regarding this situation. So I printed it out and called my local Lexus dealer. The service manager proceeds to tell me what you just stated. That the TSIB is good for vehicles 4 years and younger, after that, it's not honored. I did however obtain the price for the replacement center panel peice: $1140!!! Yikes! Perhaps I'd have better luck with another dealership but I doubt it, as the car is old. The service manager at Lexus told me to tell the other place to lower the price by the amount of the replacement part... So indeed I'll possibly look into this, post a Lexus inspection.
The other thing that's of a concern is the subtle jitter noise emitting from the rear. Perhaps the inspection would clear that all up. Weighing options though...
As always, thank you kindly!

Last edited by CRowe14; 12-19-14 at 12:26 PM.
Old 12-19-14, 10:21 AM
Devh
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by CRowe14
cava14, you may find this interesting...
So here's what happened. I Googled "2007 LS460 L panel console replacement" and among the results, a thread from this forum showed up, entitled: Crack in wood console. As I read through it, I saw that you had posted a .pdf regarding this situation. So I printed it out and called my local Lexus dealer. The service manager proceeds to tell me what you just stated. That the TSIB is good for vehicles 4 years and younger, after that, it's not honored. I did however obtain the price for the replacement center panel peice: $1140!!! Yikes! Perhaps I'd have better ouch with another dealership bit I doubt it. The service manager at Lexus told me to tell the other place to lower the price by the amount of the replacement part... So indeed I looked into this. Maybe I'd have better luck at another dealership, but I doubt it, as it's so old.
The other thing that's of a concern is the subtle jitter noise emitting from the rear. Perhaps the inspection would clear that all up. Weighing options though...
As always, thank you kindly!
Something like a cosmetic sore in a highly visible area would bother me. Unless it's a rare find or they are giving the car away I would keep looking. You found this one and I'm sure you will find another one. The more you look the better you get at assessing the car. By the time I got done seeing many examples I knew when it felt right including the price.
Old 12-19-14, 12:35 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Devh
Something like a cosmetic sore in a highly visible area would bother me. Unless it's a rare find or they are giving the car away I would keep looking. You found this one and I'm sure you will find another one. The more you look the better you get at assessing the car. By the time I got done seeing many examples I knew when it felt right including the price.
I agree to a point. As I was expressing to a few others, I feel as though my price range will limit me to a good car. IN all honesty, im having a difficult time weighing the unknown versus whats before me.
Part of me feels like if they deduct the amount for the panel from the price and the inspection comes back clean, i'd buy it. Then i'd be left with the inspection and allowing them to figure out what the sound is in the back, then figuring if its worth the investment.