LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Few Pics 08 LS460

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-14, 04:24 PM
tbilisi79
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Few Pics 08 LS460

As a new owner I wanted to post a few pics of my 08 LS.
I love the car. I buy my cars for a purpose. We love road trips and we take them as often as we can
Come Summer, we will take the car to Catksills, Lake George (something we done once a year) and Montreal for a Jazz Festival.

Few pics I took at Floyd Bennett Field in Brooklyn. Cool roads, cool planes. Cool scenery.
Attached Thumbnails Few Pics 08 LS460-1.jpg   Few Pics 08 LS460-5.jpg   Few Pics 08 LS460-3.jpg   Few Pics 08 LS460-8.jpg   Few Pics 08 LS460-9.jpg  

Old 12-16-14, 07:26 PM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

Beautiful. That's what the car is for, to be driven.
Old 12-16-14, 07:32 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

I second that. Beautiful car, great scenery!
Hey, is The Great Escape still in operation???
I went there a few good times as a kid...was a neat place back then.
Old 12-17-14, 08:11 AM
vadpink
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What was the milage that you got it with?
Old 12-17-14, 09:04 AM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome! like the shots!
Old 12-17-14, 01:05 PM
tbilisi79
Instructor

Thanks . I got it with 72k a week ago. Nose has a clear bra on it so it looks like new.

As for the Great escape... I'm not sure.
They have a new hokey rink, indoor, and a bunch of stuff for kids to do.

I usually drop by to check out the planes and to get some fresh air sometimes when I'm in that part of Brooklyn. A little bit of solitude never hurt.

Last edited by tbilisi79; 12-17-14 at 01:29 PM.
Old 12-17-14, 01:14 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by tbilisi79
Thanks . I got it with 72k a week ago. Nose has a clear bra on it so it looks like new.

As for the Great escape... I'm not sure.
They have a new hokey rink, indoor, and a bunch of stuff for kids to do.

I usually drop by to check out the planes and to get some fresh air sometime when I'm in that part of Brooklyn. A little bit of solitude never hurt.
Sounds great!
Indeed, solitude is, in fact, needed! With all that goes on amidst the day to day, what ever can aid in moments of peace and quiet is appreciated. Just my 2 cents. And uhhh...the LS would be included on that list, so I guess you can check that off!
Old 12-17-14, 01:29 PM
tbilisi79
Instructor

Originally Posted by CRowe14
Sounds great!
Indeed, solitude is, in fact, needed! With all that goes on amidst the day to day, what ever can aid in moments of peace and quiet is appreciated. Just my 2 cents. And uhhh...the LS would be included on that list, so I guess you can check that off!
You said it. This car is so calm driving. I find myself driving like an old fart on local streets. GS was a lot more aggressive and was always begging to be driven fast. I take longer routes to get home. It's a new car thing. Hope it lasts for a while. Gs had be going for 2 of the 3 years I had it.
Old 12-17-14, 04:58 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Congrats and nice pics with excellent backdrops.
Old 12-18-14, 11:33 AM
gomboy60
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

You have exactly same color/yr as mine. Looking good. Do you mind sharing the price you paid?
I got mine at 81k miles with $24880, CA car of course with 1 owner. Just drove 900 miles round trip from SF area to LA with average MPG of 26+ and was able to hit 120 mph without any problem. Solid as a rock. Can't hardly wait to make a trip next weekend from SF-LA-Vegas and back. Hehehe.
Old 12-19-14, 06:22 AM
tbilisi79
Instructor

Thank you.

I wanted a silver car, and it had to have a ML sound system.
Flint mica or similar would be a second choice, even thou my gs was flint mica, I loved that color.

This one popped up out of no where. I came to work, was bored and though, hey I could use a nice Christmas gift myself. It was a busy year, I worked hard, let's see what's out there. Found this one for $23.5. 72 k miles. I wanted a 08-09 car as I like the lights of those years a lot more than the newer version. This car was used to drive from RI to Florida mostly. Older couple, their 3rd LS. They stayed in Florida during winter months. Traded this car in for a new LS.

So far I'm super happy. Got a 3 year Lexus warranty. Glad I did because something tells me control arms will need attention at some point. Come next oil change I'll make them change the whole front end.

Noticed today when I start the car, the information display shows a silver LS when it does its check of systems.

Usually by now me and wife would have taken off Friday for a long drive, like to Montreal and back. But we have a 2 year old girl, and it just doesn't feel right leaving her behind and enjoying our time without her. Maybe come summer we will venture out further with her when she is more comfortable spending more time in the car . Lake George most likely. Love that area and the drive around the lake is always a pleasant one.

Last edited by tbilisi79; 03-01-15 at 05:18 AM.
Old 12-19-14, 03:14 PM
dlbuckls10
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts
Thumbs up

Beautiful LS 460. Congrats!
Old 01-02-15, 02:48 PM
tbilisi79
Instructor

Went for a cruise through catskills. Took very few pics but did manage to accumulate 350 miles by the end of the day.
Car is a dream on the highway, not as fun on the twisty roads like my gs430 was but I'll take the comfort over sportiness any day.
Got 29 Mpg . Incredible I say,
Xm radio was also great.

Looking forward to summer cruises. I'm already thinking, Nyc - Lake George- Montreal- Quebec City - Mt Washington , Portland, Boston, and back to Nyc, I did this drive in my other car few years ago and it was a blast.
Attached Thumbnails Few Pics 08 LS460-image.jpg  
Old 01-02-15, 02:58 PM
tbilisi79
Instructor

One more. Wish I took more pics but I was having too much fun to be stopping
Attached Thumbnails Few Pics 08 LS460-image.jpg  
Old 02-28-15, 01:30 PM
tbilisi79
Instructor

I went for a drive today, something I wanted to do for some time now. I take these drives from time to time just to clear my mind, listen to music, enjoy the car, enjoy the road and just basically reset.

This car is new to me and it still feels that way. I eagerly await Spring to start cruising further and a lot more often. Until then I am limited to short 200 mile trips.

I just want to say how much I like this car. I think I'll blame my 94 S500 for getting me hooked on heavy luxury cars. That car was amazing in every way for what it was back then. I think the LS460 finally captured that MB feel of solidity. I also owned a 98 LS400, and while a nice car, it was no MB. Too light in my opinion and looking too much like MB w126 model, after all thats what they were trying to copy. LS430 looked like a w140, but LS460 design stands all by itself and for that I take my hat off to Lexus.

I got 24 MPG overall on a 180 mile drive. Got to floor the pedal, reaching the button under the gas pedal and that did put a smile and push me back in the seat for a few seconds. I can understand how some of the people want to disable the 130 MPH limiter now. Overall the structure is very solid, suspension is very forgiving and unobtrusive. Car does anything you ask it to do and never complains. No M5 by any means, but I much rather have this than put up with M5 stiff ride on NYC roads.

I wish I had the electric shocks, with Normal and Sport setting. At first I didnt want the extra feature to worry about, but during drives like these, I sometimes wonder how the car would handle.
Also as one member mentioned, tranny is very lazy at times, Sport setting or not, still I would not give up the smoothness to quick shifts.

It saddens me a bit that America can not put out cars like this. I always bought cars that I wanted. And this one represents quality and desire to be the best. That is something that I values. So much so that I have no doubt in my mind that the next vehicle will be a 2013-up LS460.

Almost forgot. Passed Wayne Carini from the car show on tv. Waved said hi, he did the same. Very cool dude. Was hauling a trailer with his f350 on 495. Who knows what marvelous machine was inside.

Picture of my LS460 and my beloved LS400 five or 7 years ago. Same place.
Attached Thumbnails Few Pics 08 LS460-3.jpg   Few Pics 08 LS460-image.jpg  

Last edited by tbilisi79; 03-01-15 at 05:23 AM.

Quick Reply: Few Pics 08 LS460