LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

How much did you purchase your LS460 for?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-14, 08:34 AM
iLL TL
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much did you purchase your LS460 for?

Hello All,

Not new to the forums but I did just picked up a brand new 2014 LS460 F-sport in Ultra White w/ Flaxen Combo with ML/F-Sport Comfort Package/F-Sport Package/BSM for 72k + taxes, lic + reg, etc w/ 22 miles. Can anyone please advise if this was a good deal? (MSRP at 85k sticker w/ only 20 Miles on ODO)

So far LOVIN the car and enjoy the quietness of the car. The Flaxen interior is a one of a kind I must say. I currently also own a 2006 Acura TL and still driving the car. LS460 is stored in garage due to big storm here in SoCal.

Please feel free to post up the prices you paid for yours!

Thanks!

-D
Old 12-12-14, 08:58 AM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by iLL TL
Hello All,

Not new to the forums but I did just picked up a brand new 2014 LS460 F-sport in Ultra White w/ Flaxen Combo with ML/F-Sport Comfort Package/F-Sport Package/BSM for 72k + taxes, lic + reg, etc w/ 22 miles. Can anyone please advise if this was a good deal? (MSRP at 85k sticker w/ only 20 Miles on ODO)

So far LOVIN the car and enjoy the quietness of the car. The Flaxen interior is a one of a kind I must say. I currently also own a 2006 Acura TL and still driving the car. LS460 is stored in garage due to big storm here in SoCal.

Please feel free to post up the prices you paid for yours!

Thanks!

-D
Congratulations! Awesome vehicle, and flaxen is certainly beautiful.

I cannot comment on the market at the moment, but from the numbers you shared, it doesn't look like you did badly at all.

You are at $13k off MSRP. Lexus appears to have $6k in marketing cash, so that brings you down to a "real" discount of $7k. Without options, MSRP is about 6.2k above Invoice; with options, the spread is probably closer to $7k. So, you effectively purchased the vehicle at around Invoice, which is good.

Could you have gone slightly lower? Maybe, because it's a 2014, but then again (1) this is where the $6k from the factory comes in and (2) this is not a volume vehicle, so there's always that balancing act between haggling and risking losing the car to another buyer.

There are my 2 cents. Curious to hear what others who may have purchased recently will say.

FWIW, I did buy my 600h recently and know I could have probably bought it for slightly less. However, I had been watching that market like a hawk, and 2010+ vehicles in good shape weren't lasting in some areas of the country (like where I found mine), so I had to jump.
Old 12-12-14, 10:15 AM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Good price, I've paid the same back in december of 2006 and my car is not the "F" - didn't exist back then, and today, after all those years, it is still completely problem-free. As the Yen goes back down to about Y150 per dollar, these cars will probably keep their prices at those levels or even go down a bit.
Old 12-12-14, 10:53 AM
sessayan
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its a good deal but about right for this time of year as they start to get the 2015's in and want the 14's out. I love the F sport! great car and you will enjoy!!
Old 12-12-14, 12:00 PM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

I don't buy new cars. So I can't tell you if you got a good deal or not. However, when it comes down to whether you paid a couple of grand too much, or hit the jackpot with a terrific negotiation, it's not a big deal. I've always found that when you want something bad enough, it's not about the money. It's about loving and enjoying the item you want. If you plan on keeping the car for years and think, well maybe I could have shaved another grand off the price, you're talking $200 a year for 5 years. Chump change when you're talking about spending $70 grand.

I'd say you got your dream car. And that . . . is the best deal out there! Enjoy.
Old 12-12-14, 12:10 PM
iLL TL
Driver

Thanks for the breakdown Caha! The LS600 is a beauty! Congrats to you as well and I hope you're enjoying your new baby.

I tried to negotiate lower but they would not budge at all on the price, nor would they give me any additional incentives (no free car washes, etc, etc). Since they advised me that they were taking a "loss" on the car in which I highly doubt would be the case... Luckily, I knew I was around invoice after a few weeks of research on the car! I was so exhausted from that day that I totally forgot to post on here before pulling the trigger. Nevertheless, I am happy with purchase price thus far but would love to hear more!

Originally Posted by Luxofreak
Good price, I've paid the same back in december of 2006 and my car is not the "F" - didn't exist back then, and today, after all those years, it is still completely problem-free. As the Yen goes back down to about Y150 per dollar, these cars will probably keep their prices at those levels or even go down a bit.
Amazing. You must do a very good job maintaining the vehicle!

Originally Posted by sessayan
Its a good deal but about right for this time of year as they start to get the 2015's in and want the 14's out. I love the F sport! great car and you will enjoy!!
Good to know I didn't get taken advantage of. They did not seem to want to negotiate any further. This may be due to my age. =\

Originally Posted by R Z
I don't buy new cars. So I can't tell you if you got a good deal or not. However, when it comes down to whether you paid a couple of grand too much, or hit the jackpot with a terrific negotiation, it's not a big deal. I've always found that when you want something bad enough, it's not about the money. It's about loving and enjoying the item you want. If you plan on keeping the car for years and think, well maybe I could have shaved another grand off the price, you're talking $200 a year for 5 years. Chump change when you're talking about spending $70 grand.

I'd say you got your dream car. And that . . . is the best deal out there! Enjoy.
I completely agree with you. It's definitely one of the cars with all the options that I've wanted, therefore, IMO, it was a phenomenal deal! More input the better!

The funny part about this deal was that my intentions weren't to purchase the car that day. I literally just stopped by after work to check out the car and after driven it, I knew this was the car. Asked to see if they would match the price from another lexus dealership that was further away and I even offered to provide them with an email. They did not even bother looking at the email and decided to give me this price immediately. What they didn't know was, the price of the other vehicle was actually a used one w/ 5k miles so that's when I knew I had a deal here.
Old 12-12-14, 10:50 PM
chieftd
8th Gear

Sounds like a great deal to me. I just bought my 2014 LS 460 on Black Friday. It stickered for 81.2K and I got it for 73.2K. It's not an F-sport, but had multiple option package upgrades. I perhaps could have got a bit more off of the price, but being here in Hawaii, and they are the only Lexus dealer, I was satisfied that they came off the price 8K. The best part of the equation for me was they gave me what I ask for on my trade in, a 2011 RX 350. They did low ball me on the trade in at first, by 5K. I stuck to my guns and this is my fourth car from them in the past 8 years, so they agreed on my price. Of course they will still make good money on the used car and they made money on the LS too. Enjoy your new ride, I'm loving mine so far.

PS. my other ride is a 2013 GS 350.

Cheers, Tim in Hawaii
Old 12-13-14, 11:44 AM
HONDACBR
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 27k for an 08 with 73k mi

With full serivce record from Houston TX
Old 12-14-14, 12:47 PM
PHOUND5
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2011 swb rwd

22,000 miles , no accidents, still under warranty , no ML, or upgraded rear seat, otherwise fully loaded. Bought in August.

36,267.00 USD plus tax, no other fees
Old 12-14-14, 01:01 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

I think OP is interested in new car prices/deals... The numbers will - otherwise - be all over the place.
Old 12-15-14, 08:32 AM
iLL TL
Driver

Originally Posted by chieftd
Sounds like a great deal to me. I just bought my 2014 LS 460 on Black Friday. It stickered for 81.2K and I got it for 73.2K. It's not an F-sport, but had multiple option package upgrades. I perhaps could have got a bit more off of the price, but being here in Hawaii, and they are the only Lexus dealer, I was satisfied that they came off the price 8K. The best part of the equation for me was they gave me what I ask for on my trade in, a 2011 RX 350. They did low ball me on the trade in at first, by 5K. I stuck to my guns and this is my fourth car from them in the past 8 years, so they agreed on my price. Of course they will still make good money on the used car and they made money on the LS too. Enjoy your new ride, I'm loving mine so far.

PS. my other ride is a 2013 GS 350.

Cheers, Tim in Hawaii
Doesn't sound like a bad deal to me. Considering they are the only Lexus dealer on the island, it is THAT much tougher to negotiate and meet in the middle, especially if it's the exact model/options that you want on the car. I say you got yourself a good deal with the right price for trade in! Loving the car as well myself thank you.
Old 12-15-14, 08:37 AM
iLL TL
Driver

Originally Posted by caha14
I think OP is interested in new car prices/deals... The numbers will - otherwise - be all over the place.
Definitely would like to hear about your new car buying experience. The main purpose for this thread is to help other buyers out on buying a new car. I don't want my fellow CL members to get "hustled" by the stealerships.

I was also looking into getting a Hyundai Equus but coincidentally found a thread on the Hyundai Genesis pricing thread which really helped me out on what price I should be paying instead of what they listed on sticker. They had a list of True Invoice pricing as well, which helped.