LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Question: 07 LS w/ 130k..Would you?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-14, 01:19 PM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

I wouldn't believe what this Lavrish person said. He has twice PM me to purchase from him a 2014 DVD nav update. I told him both times I have an 08 LS460 and it doesn't take DVD's. But yet, he likes to check with me from time to time.
Old 12-11-14, 01:53 PM
Devh
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by R Z
I wouldn't believe what this Lavrish person said. He has twice PM me to purchase from him a 2014 DVD nav update. I told him both times I have an 08 LS460 and it doesn't take DVD's. But yet, he likes to check with me from time to time.
It's one thing to "loan an item" to a known friend but to solicit pirated software is another especially for financial gain bypassing whatever the rules are. I think you should bring this to the attention of the Administrator.

Last edited by Devh; 12-11-14 at 03:59 PM.
Old 12-11-14, 01:57 PM
Devh
Racer

Originally Posted by CRowe14
Lol!
Upon doing more reading, I've earned that Lexus replaces the valve springs as a courtesy, being that they understand it's an issue.
I don't think it was as much as a courtesy but a mandated recall. All manufactures have recalls and it's usually with in two or three years after the launch. It would seem that once the recall was performed there hasn't been so much as a peep but apparently the myth still persists in spite of an example you have come across that has crossed the 130k milestone.
Old 12-11-14, 01:57 PM
R Z
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Devh
It's one thing to "loan an item" to a known friend but to solicit a pirated software is another especially for financial gain bypassing the whatever the rules are. I think you should bring this to the attention of the Administrator.
Perhaps you and I just did!
Old 12-11-14, 02:21 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

I don't think it was as much as a courtesy but a mandated recall. All manufactures have recalls and it's usually with in two or three years after the launch. It would seem that once the recall was performed there hasn't been so much as a peep but apparently the myth still persists in spite of an example you have come across that has crossed the 130k milestone.
Devh
Thank you for the clarification. The ones I have been researching, thus far all seem to have had the service done between 40-50k per Lexus campaign. The one I originally posted was a beautiful color, well maintained-so it seemed, but the few CEL's that arose threw me off a bit, aside from the high mileage.
Old 12-11-14, 04:05 PM
Devh
Racer

Originally Posted by CRowe14
Devh
Thank you for the clarification. The ones I have been researching, thus far all seem to have had the service done between 40-50k per Lexus campaign. The one I originally posted was a beautiful color, well maintained-so it seemed, but the few CEL's that arose threw me off a bit, aside from the high mileage.
All cars will have CELs eventually for any number of things most notably the 02 sensors. This should not shy anyone away however if a car has a recurring CEL or for something that is not very clear then it's not worth you time to investigate further unless it's a great deal.
As buyer you are the one that can tell everyone else to take a number. Sellers especially dealers try to flip this dynamic but you will find after they are turned down they get desperate.
Old 12-11-14, 04:43 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

All cars will have CELs eventually for any number of things most notably the 02 sensors. This should not shy anyone away however if a car has a recurring CEL or for something that is not very clear then it's not worth you time to investigate further unless it's a great deal.
As buyer you are the one that can tell everyone else to take a number. Sellers especially dealers try to flip this dynamic but you will find after they are turned down they get desperate.
Ahh..this theory has proven to be quite accurate. I'm not what most would consider an experience buyer, rather I spend a lot of time educating myself then moving forward with selecting a vehicle of choice.
Long story short, about a month ago, I paid a visit to a local MB shop and was bombarded by 3 different salesmen. Explaining to me all of the specials/incentives they had going. I expressed a slight interest in the ML model, drove it and declined on moving forward at that moment.
Needless to say, the emails have been abundant and the phone calls average to be about twice a week, with each passing week with supposed "better, lower incentives"!

Indeed, within reason, the buyer holds the power.
Old 12-11-14, 08:14 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

In this case the VS recall was voluntary and not mandatory from Lexus, the failure rate was extremely low but Lexus went ahead did the campaign. When this first hit we discussed it here in two threads that end being merged into a mega thread, some members decided not to do it but the majority of here who were active posters (regulars) went ahead and had it done. I received a $500 gift card for the inconvenience (car was out of warranty) that I used on maintenance and a Nav update, owners cars that were still under factory warranty received a extended warranty to a 100k for their inconvenience.
Old 12-11-14, 08:24 PM
Devh
Racer

Originally Posted by Tee
In this case the VS recall was voluntary and not mandatory from Lexus, the failure rate was extremely low but Lexus went ahead did the campaign. When this first hit we discussed it here in two threads that end being merged into a mega thread, some members decided not to do it but the majority of here who were active posters (regulars) went ahead and had it done. I received a $500 gift card for the inconvenience (car was out of warranty) that I used on maintenance and a Nav update, owners cars that were still under factory warranty received a extended warranty to a 100k for their inconvenience.
Thank you. I had no idea that the recall wasn't a big deal as it is made out to be. I suspect there are many 2007 that are going strong without the recall being performed. It sounds more like a tolerance issue with the springs.
Old 12-12-14, 07:06 AM
R Z
Pole Position

After reading this thread, I hopped on the Lexus Drivers site and checked my vin history. The valve springs were replaced during the recall. I would guess most vehicles got the "memo" and had this done.
Old 12-12-14, 10:25 AM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It's my understanding that the valve recall was due to springs being made of a material that was brittle and could break under specific conditions. They changed the springs, problem solved. Later they had a fuel rail recall as well. And now there is work being done to define the approach for a possible recall also related to fuel delivery (some sort of seal). All those issues have been (or are being) taken care of by the manufacturer. Lexus dealers are well trained, years ahead of domestic dealers. I can tell by experience as I own a domestic truck as well. The difference between Lexus dealers and them is painfully evident, domestics have a lot to learn.