LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Look @ This!!!

Old 12-09-14, 09:17 AM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by R Z
The thought in the above posts are that the NM vehicle had been wrecked. The ebay auction claims it's a 2 owner car never wrecked.
check out the free carfax report that comes along with that link...
Old 12-09-14, 10:07 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Arvid
It says here:
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/01/04/n...aunch-edition/ :

In addition, owners will receive a specially crafted Italian leather luggage set that will match the unique interior color scheme.

Photos ???...measurements ??

..and on the side...how Daimler-Motoren-Gesellschaft (DMG) became to be Mercedes:

http://media.daimler.com/dcmedia/0-9...0-0-0-0-0.html

Is it the same LS 600 hL NMLE that is here on e-bay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-LS-HYB...US_Cars_Trucks ???

Regards
Arvid
Once again, a very informative read!
And to Dev's point, its funny that the name 'Mercedes' was recognized as a female Spaniard's name. Absolutely nothing to do with the German background.
But also, upon reading the article, I took notice of the very ideal that we've been discussing: The creation of an automobile with an agenda in mind. Something of the chicken/egg argument...
Daimler and Benz sought out to make a quality vehicle with, seemingly at the time, operated at a modest speed. But in came a "progressive thinker" in Emil, who desired for a faster car, which in turn became a vehicle used for racing. But that is where the blurring or mixing of the vision began.
The purist joins with the enthusiast to cement a common ideal that then becomes an item that is promoted (marketed) and sold to "higher echelons of society". So right then the idea to create a quality vehicle then becomes launched into quality and speed; racing. And racing, then and today, has always required one to posses a degree of wealth to even be within the realms of the sport. So within that instance, Benz/Daimler became closely associated with those of a certain financial category. That is currently the case today.
I believe the business model is what has corrupted the stance between purist and enthusiast. But as you have once again eloquently stated Dev, being able to see past the perpetual dishonesty and the practice of jading the public, and understanding what it is you as an individual loves and desires for regarding a vehicle, is what should ultimately be the driving factor behind being the owner of such a vehicle. You can market a great product with honesty and a lineage which supports such: Honda/Toyota. However, to use that same plan to market luxury... That's simply boring. A stir needs to be created, as estate-level luxury is not for the average consumer, as it shouldn't be, because after all, lets be honest To obtain a certain status-speaking financially here, numerous sacrifices had to be made! One exist and is labeled as crème de la crème, you've worked to be amongst the elite/well off, you deserve the best. Of everything! Hence the creation of bloated, exaggerated, self fulfilling marketing. And thus far, from a business model stand point, it seems to be successful! Capitalism.
But again, as you said in closing, and I echo, honesty I the best policy. Not because its cliché, but because its true. Longevity creates lineage. And with a continuation of a great product, word of mouth and a little research, is all that is needed to keep existing customers and formulating new ones, as that it is largely in part as to why I desire to be the proud owner of such a great vehicle.
Old 12-09-14, 11:09 AM
Devh
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by CRowe14
Once again, a very informative read!
And to Dev's point, its funny that the name 'Mercedes' was recognized as a female Spaniard's name. Absolutely nothing to do with the German background.
But also, upon reading the article, I took notice of the very ideal that we've been discussing: The creation of an automobile with an agenda in mind. Something of the chicken/egg argument...
Daimler and Benz sought out to make a quality vehicle with, seemingly at the time, operated at a modest speed. But in came a "progressive thinker" in Emil, who desired for a faster car, which in turn became a vehicle used for racing. But that is where the blurring or mixing of the vision began.
The purist joins with the enthusiast to cement a common ideal that then becomes an item that is promoted (marketed) and sold to "higher echelons of society". So right then the idea to create a quality vehicle then becomes launched into quality and speed; racing. And racing, then and today, has always required one to posses a degree of wealth to even be within the realms of the sport. So within that instance, Benz/Daimler became closely associated with those of a certain financial category. That is currently the case today.
I believe the business model is what has corrupted the stance between purist and enthusiast. But as you have once again eloquently stated Dev, being able to see past the perpetual dishonesty and the practice of jading the public, and understanding what it is you as an individual loves and desires for regarding a vehicle, is what should ultimately be the driving factor behind being the owner of such a vehicle. You can market a great product with honesty and a lineage which supports such: Honda/Toyota. However, to use that same plan to market luxury... That's simply boring. A stir needs to be created, as estate-level luxury is not for the average consumer, as it shouldn't be, because after all, lets be honest To obtain a certain status-speaking financially here, numerous sacrifices had to be made! One exist and is labeled as crème de la crème, you've worked to be amongst the elite/well off, you deserve the best. Of everything! Hence the creation of bloated, exaggerated, self fulfilling marketing. And thus far, from a business model stand point, it seems to be successful! Capitalism.
But again, as you said in closing, and I echo, honesty I the best policy. Not because its cliché, but because its true. Longevity creates lineage. And with a continuation of a great product, word of mouth and a little research, is all that is needed to keep existing customers and formulating new ones, as that it is largely in part as to why I desire to be the proud owner of such a great vehicle.
Capitalism is just fine with me as long as it's legal but when a company misrepresents themselves as creating their own nobility it does as you say gets blurred. I believe products that are successful from its inception are those that stand on their own merits. The great thing about Toyota is that they keep it real with their philosophy they have held since dealing with the failures of the Toyopet. For the most part Toyota has kept it honest and in the end they became the most successful car company in the world. The way they build the LS 460 with military like management is truly remarkable.
Old 12-09-14, 11:31 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Devh
Capitalism is just fine with me as long as it's legal but when a company misrepresents themselves as creating their own nobility it does as you say gets blurred. I believe products that are successful from its inception are those that stand on their own merits. The great thing about Toyota is that they keep it real with their philosophy they have held since dealing with the failures of the Toyopet. For the most part Toyota has kept it honest and in the end they became the most successful car company in the world. The way they build the LS 460 with military like management is truly remarkable.
Where is the "like" button??
Old 12-09-14, 11:53 AM
Devh
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by CRowe14
Where is the "like" button??
Ingratiating me with a like for sharing enthusiasm between us and other members is it's own reward.
Old 12-09-14, 12:22 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Devh
Ingratiating me with a like for sharing enthusiasm between us and other members is it's own reward.
Strongly, strongly doubt I could say it any better.
By the way, I will be looking for that book this afternoon; The Relentless Pursuit.
I look forward to sharing my thought with you.
Thanks again! Great forum!
Lastly, I've sent you a PM.
Old 12-11-14, 03:15 PM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lexus: The Relentless Pursuit is a great book CRowe14 (and i'm only in like 100 pages! ) you will enjoy the japanese approach that really changed the way all manufacturers had to design their cars.