Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the LS600h L model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the LS600h. Please use the main 4LS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation LS models.

LS600h Contemplating Sale

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-14, 08:02 AM
Suzkarmah
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS600h Contemplating Sale

Zen, my lovely 2008 with 45k miles on it just sits way too much as I typically work from home. Once I even had Lexus come out and jump it, although I try running it weekly. What is the best venue for selling where fraud etc will be minimized?

Last edited by Suzkarmah; 02-25-15 at 04:41 PM. Reason: got the mileage wrong
Old 11-30-14, 09:01 AM
GXAlan
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Depends where you live. In the Bay Area, some car dealerships will buy used cars without needing you to buy a car from them. It all depends on the quality of your car and how far the split is between wholesale and private party.
Old 11-30-14, 10:00 AM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

You could post it up on here.
Old 11-30-14, 10:10 AM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

Unfortunately, you live in a state where title washing is notorious. This will make many buyers suspicious. However, if you've owned the car from new, this shouldn't be a problem (make sure you state this if you advertise it). Try Craigslist and Cars.com. Take it to CarMax, also, to get an idea of the trade-in value.
Old 12-04-14, 02:45 PM
Suzkarmah
Driver School Candidate

Default Thank you - potentially selling LS600 H

[QUOTE=sktn77a;8806969]Unfortunately, you live in a state where title washing is notorious.

I reside in Dallas and had NO idea we had title issues going on! I am not the orig owner, I bought the car a couple of years ago as I was hauling my older brother around, he had bone cancer and needed comfort anyplace he could get it and could not fold up into my Porsche. I paid just under 50k and with the options I have, I think 41k is a good retail price. Its a very happy car, brand new tires..., I am very particular about my tires, and overall well maintained. It is just so lovely, but now that my brother has passed (this last February) I have a hard time getting it driven on a weekly basis and this is a car that is meant for road trips. My husband teases me about my 2 cars I never drive. My other vehicle is a 95 turbo MR2 of which I am the orig owner of. I am hopeful the MR2 will continue to raise in value and help with my retirement. It is now 1 of 18 remaining in the US. Less than 300 were ever imported here. So hoping it takes after the 60's Toyota 2000 GT Sport Coupe and makes me proud when the time comes.
Old 12-04-14, 05:50 PM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

[QUOTE=Suzkarmah;8813222]
Originally Posted by sktn77a
Unfortunately, you live in a state where title washing is notorious.

I reside in Dallas and had NO idea we had title issues going on! I am not the orig owner, I bought the car a couple of years ago as I was hauling my older brother around, he had bone cancer and needed comfort anyplace he could get it and could not fold up into my Porsche. I paid just under 50k and with the options I have, I think 41k is a good retail price. Its a very happy car, brand new tires..., I am very particular about my tires, and overall well maintained. It is just so lovely, but now that my brother has passed (this last February) I have a hard time getting it driven on a weekly basis and this is a car that is meant for road trips. My husband teases me about my 2 cars I never drive. My other vehicle is a 95 turbo MR2 of which I am the orig owner of. I am hopeful the MR2 will continue to raise in value and help with my retirement. It is now 1 of 18 remaining in the US. Less than 300 were ever imported here. So hoping it takes after the 60's Toyota 2000 GT Sport Coupe and makes me proud when the time comes.
I would check on Autotrader and some other sites to get an idea of what they are selling for. Look around and see what they are selling for in your area.

Last edited by greg3852; 12-04-14 at 06:13 PM.
Old 12-05-14, 06:16 AM
riknchar
Instructor

Received 227 Likes on 140 Posts

$41K may be a stretch, if you do a Private Party sale of this car. The 2008 LS600hLs I've seen lately with roughly equivalent mileage are selling closer to mid-30s Private Party. A Lexus dealer would be able to certify the car as a CPO and provide a 100K warranty--those car seem to be selling around $42K.

I bought my 2008 LS600hL in June from McGrath Lexus in Chicago for $42.3K. The car was a 1-owner with 58K miles, new tires, brakes, and a complete service history from McGrath. I don't think I got a particularly good deal on it at that price, but it was the color I wanted and is really immaculate condition.

Best of luck to you!
Old 12-08-14, 01:04 PM
FreddyG
Intermediate

Received 85 Likes on 61 Posts

I agree to give give CarMax a try.

We sold our old X5 to them without buying anything from them.

They beat the trade in price that the dealer offered us too.

It's worth a shot. Good Luck!
Old 12-08-14, 01:11 PM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

yes, they gave $2K more for my brothers lexus than the local lexus dealership offered!

but you have to bear in mind that their pricing is based on current demand, and time of year...
Old 12-15-14, 05:15 AM
Suzkarmah
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by peteybabes
yes, they gave $2K more for my brothers lexus than the local lexus dealership offered!

but you have to bear in mind that their pricing is based on current demand, and time of year...
Thanks for this info. Prob Jan is best time to sell, but it would make a lovely Christmas/Holiday gift. It does have a warranty that I purchased when I bought the car.
Old 12-15-14, 10:09 AM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Suzkarmah
Thanks for this info. Prob Jan is best time to sell, but it would make a lovely Christmas/Holiday gift. It does have a warranty that I purchased when I bought the car.
also something about tax time of the year when people have extra cash to throw around...?
Old 12-22-14, 08:24 AM
Suzkarmah
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by peteybabes
also something about tax time of the year when people have extra cash to throw around...?
Why is it everyone seems to have money at tax time? LOL, I typically have to pay in! CORRECTION car has 46k miles, got in it the other day to exercise it. There is no rush to sell, I love the car. Waiting till Jan, may do that or just keep staring at it from my office window where I can see the lovely back end of it parked in the garage.
Old 01-31-15, 05:48 AM
Chaos236
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

When I was selling my Jag XK Car Max was way better offer and service than our local Jag dealer!
Attached Thumbnails LS600h Contemplating Sale-jag3.jpg  
Old 01-31-15, 10:10 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Why is it everyone seems to have money at tax time? LOL, I typically have to pay in!
Time for some rental properties :-)

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
Old 01-31-15, 11:32 PM
vinodc
Rookie

Suzkarmah,

Is your LS still for sale? I am a very interested buyer. I actually even posted a thread just recently asking for help in finding a good LS600! please message me, or lets connect somehow.

Quick Reply: LS600h Contemplating Sale