LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Recall Alert - fuel lines

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-15, 10:49 AM
sleekmr3
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have received the letter for the recall.

Do I just call to get the recall done? The letter says to wait until they have figured a replacement method. I got the letters like 2 months ago.

Nevermind, looks like everyone is calling and making appts. I thought I had to wait for a follow up letter.

Last edited by sleekmr3; 03-10-15 at 10:54 AM.
Old 03-11-15, 06:12 AM
waynedog
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts
Default recall

Got mine done yesterday (2 hours). Dealer said they had done 50 already. Seemed to go ok and my car drives fine. Only issue was all my XM preset stations are now totally different - not blank - but all new ones. why would that be?
Old 03-11-15, 06:18 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by sleekmr3
I have received the letter for the recall.

Do I just call to get the recall done? The letter says to wait until they have figured a replacement method. I got the letters like 2 months ago.

Nevermind, looks like everyone is calling and making appts. I thought I had to wait for a follow up letter.
If your situation is similar to mine, you won't get a follow-up letter and your car won't be recalled.
Old 03-11-15, 08:18 AM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by roadfrog
If your situation is similar to mine, you won't get a follow-up letter and your car won't be recalled.
except i never received a letter or a call from my dealer... I simply told them that there was a recall, and they scheduled me no questions asked.
Old 03-11-15, 08:22 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by peteybabes
except i never received a letter or a call from my dealer... I simply told them that there was a recall, and they scheduled me no questions asked.
Same here for me, forget the letter just go to the dealer and get the recall work done.
Old 03-11-15, 08:30 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Tee
Same here for me, forget the letter just go to the dealer and get the recall work done.
+1 here.
I never received a letter, quite possibly because I'm a newer owner of the vehicle, though I did register with Lexus in early Feb. When I called to set up my appointment, the gentleman told me I was on his list of people to call and set up an appointment for me to bring the car in and have the recall done.
Old 03-11-15, 08:49 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by waynedog
Got mine done yesterday (2 hours). Dealer said they had done 50 already. Seemed to go ok and my car drives fine. Only issue was all my XM preset stations are now totally different - not blank - but all new ones. why would that be?
Are you on the correct mode? SAT1 SAT2 SAT3? Maybe the mode button on steering wheel was pushed fron your normal Preset mode
Old 03-11-15, 08:33 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by peteybabes
Sorry, but there is no way you can convince me that a dealer is just going to arbitrarily do a recall to this magnitude without having run your VIN through the system. They may have been "no questions asked". but that's only because your particular vehicle obviously falls under the campaign.

When I took my car in, they ran my VIN and told me that all campaigns were completed and none were outstanding (and obviously were not going to do the work). When I mentioned that I received a letter (the first one), they told me that they do that to broadly cover the model range, but that it doesn't necessarily mean the car is covered. And as I said, when I ran my VIN, it says that it's not covered under this campaign.

The only other thing I can think of, is that Lexus Canada is a bit behind the U.S. and the info hasn't been released yet or the dealer databases haven't been updated yet.

Last edited by roadfrog; 03-11-15 at 08:46 PM.
Old 03-12-15, 09:52 AM
pimpalimpa
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same here I didn't get a formal letter, booked the appointment online with the recall information cut/pasted. Then followed up with the phone call asking the service dept if there were any issues with getting the recall done (parts on inventory/loaner car/etc.).
Old 03-12-15, 10:11 AM
seekhalilg
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First post ever!

Roadfrog - I just picked up my '08 LS460 which is a US car and one which is affected by the recall. I spoke with the Lexus dealership here in Edmonton and they've advised that they will honour and complete work, however, the parts and authorization have not yet breached our southern border.

Is there no Canadian site where you can input your VIN and see if the recall applies?
Old 03-12-15, 12:44 PM
lexusinn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in Iceland and Lexus Iceland has asked to do the job. No letter just privat phone call.
Old 03-12-15, 05:35 PM
tofu
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

No letter here either! My appointment setup for next Tuesday after they ran my VIN when I called in this morning.
Old 03-13-15, 06:16 AM
PeteinPA
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Just called for appointment, no issues will be taken care of Tuesday. Glad I saw this thread as I do not recall getting a letter.
Old 03-14-15, 04:25 PM
RayLS
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I received a recall notification letter about 2-3 months ago.
It states on the letter that I will be informed if a fix is available.
I'm glad I have a great SA. I called in for my complimentary oil change yesterday and he said there's a recall to fix the fuel /"gasket" ???. Going to drop off my car next week.
Old 03-14-15, 05:31 PM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Dropping mine off Monday. We'll see how it goes.

Quick Reply: Recall Alert - fuel lines