LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Recall Alert - fuel lines

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-15, 05:53 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Doublebase
I bet they probably spilled a little something on your serpentine belt and it was burning off as you started it...maybe coolant.
When they spilled oil on my belt, it sounded like that Geico goat screaming in the peanut butter factory...they brought it right back in and installed a brand new belt on them of course..

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
Old 03-04-15, 06:27 PM
1Putt
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CRowe14

Roadfrog:
I wonder why things seem to be different from dealership to dealership. Some requiring a letter, some not, some not recalled at all...
Strange.
Yeah, you'd think it'd be the same. I just chalk it up to the fact that the dealers are pretty much private franchisees
Old 03-05-15, 05:38 AM
Fhobbs
Intermediate

Received 56 Likes on 35 Posts

Got mine back from the recall work. Dealer didn't ask for anything. I made the appointment on-line and I assumed they checked the VIN number and it never came up during check-in. I don't notice any difference in noise or ride. Smooth as can be. I had some additional work done, 115k service and brake rotors turned. They gave me a 2015 RX with 22 miles on it as a loaner. Car was in shop 3 day and was delivered washed but no full tank.
Old 03-05-15, 07:30 AM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Fhobbs
...but no full tank.
i never got a full tank either don't feel too bad. (does kinda suck though)
Old 03-05-15, 08:05 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Putt
Yeah, you'd think it'd be the same. I just chalk it up to the fact that the dealers are pretty much private franchisees
Well, I ran my VIN online and it says thre's no outstanding recall on my car.
Old 03-05-15, 09:05 AM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by roadfrog
Well, I ran my VIN online and it says there's no outstanding recall on my car.
run it down to Bellevue or Tacoma or Seattle and act like you don't know anything and tell them that your car has a recall and see if they perform the work without running your VIN...
Old 03-05-15, 12:06 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

I bet they probably spilled a little something on your serpentine belt and it was burning off as you started it...maybe coolant.
Do you think if that's the case, that would prove to be an issue at any point? Like deterioration of the belt? I was thinking i'd say something if the noise returned or didn't go away to begin with, but its been fine every since.
Old 03-05-15, 12:13 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1Putt
This is true, but I also thought that if its a Lexus Recall/Service, that regardless of the fact that a dealership is franchised, and the vehicle being a Lexus, they should all (the cars outlined) be serviced accordingly. I think Petey had a good idea for Roadfrog! Bring it south, play dumb and have it serviced!
Old 03-05-15, 09:19 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

The fuel smell on my car is becoming a daily issue. I'm taking it in to figure out what's going on. No signs of leaks anywhere and it seems to happen when idling and especially on start up for a few mins. I suspect something is barely leaking but enough to bring back memories of cutting the neighborhood lawns when I was a youngsta

Old 03-06-15, 08:38 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CJITTY
The fuel smell on my car is becoming a daily issue. I'm taking it in to figure out what's going on. No signs of leaks anywhere and it seems to happen when idling and especially on start up for a few mins. I suspect something is barely leaking but enough to bring back memories of cutting the neighborhood lawns when I was a youngsta

Ahh..that fresh aroma: freshly cut grass mixed with gas/mower exhaust=$$$!
Old 03-06-15, 12:34 PM
tzyoung
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dropped off today for recall fix should have back by Monday. Sucks having to go weekend w/o my baby.
Old 03-07-15, 05:35 PM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 352 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by CRowe14
Do you think if that's the case, that would prove to be an issue at any point? Like deterioration of the belt? I was thinking i'd say something if the noise returned or didn't go away to begin with, but its been fine every since.
I doubt it...especially if the problem went away so quickly. I wouldn't worry about it...now if it comes back? Then it's something else, but I think you're fine.
Old 03-08-15, 07:39 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

I doubt it...especially if the problem went away so quickly. I wouldn't worry about it...now if it comes back? Then it's something else, but I think you're fine.
FWIW, I bought a Bando belt (good, OEM quality), for 10 bucks on Ebay. 15 mins to install. Dirt simple. Just use it as an excuse to replace it as a preventative maintenance item.
Old 03-08-15, 03:09 PM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

Just a curiosity. Now that I had that recall done, today I was hummin down the xway. I was cousin at about 70 and some one pull up to my ****. So I got it up to 90 and it was so smooth. However, when I slowed down and got in the far right lane to hit my exit, the car started shaking violently. I though it might be a flat. Nope. I thought it might be the road. Maybe. But when I let off the gas it stopped shaking. I gave it some gas and it started up again. Then it just stopped.

Anyone know what happened?
Old 03-08-15, 07:09 PM
pimpalimpa
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got my recall completed Friday, came back gased up and washed. they also noticed a leak from my water pump and they replaced it free (yes surprised) under my powertrain warranty. been running with no issues this weekend.

Quick Reply: Recall Alert - fuel lines