LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Recall Alert - fuel lines

Old 02-19-15, 01:19 PM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

I never received a follow up letter. I told the service rep on the phone I had received notice on the Lexus Drivers site that a repair had become available. She called me back the next day and I have it scheduled for this coming Monday morning at 8:30. They'll give me a loaner and fill up the tank when they're done.

That's all I got for now.

More to come.
Old 02-19-15, 01:35 PM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i'm glad i got mine back in!

they just called me and said that everything was complete but that during the 30K service they found that my water pump was leaking and that it was covered under Platinum Warranty to i'll take the car back tomorrow now.
Old 02-20-15, 02:13 AM
slimjimtel
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Apparently it's a fuel sensor that gets replaced. I stopped in to get my car washed yesterday and my service guy said, you need to leave this so we can perform a recall. He called the service department and asked if they had the LS part for my 600, apparently my service guy had already reserved me a part , or tried to, the parts guy said they were out as they have already replaced over 120 of them.
Old 02-20-15, 06:25 AM
jmcraney

Received 254 Likes on 194 Posts

The recall, that seems to be the subject of this discussion, is for the replacement of the gasket on the fuel pressure sensor.

The instructions for this recall are posted on the SaferCar.gov site: http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs...4V647-9581.pdf

Last edited by jmcraney; 02-20-15 at 06:34 AM.
Old 02-20-15, 06:32 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 503 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by jmcraney
The recall, that seems to be the subject of this discussion, is for the replacement of the gasket on the fuel pressure sensor.

The instructions for this recall are posted on the SaferCar.gov site: http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs...4V647-0774.pdf
That is for IS250, not our LS'
Old 02-20-15, 06:36 AM
jmcraney

Received 254 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by roadfrog
That is for IS250, not our LS'
Oops. Yes, I copied the wrong link. I have edited my post to correct that error.
Old 02-20-15, 06:43 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Oops. Yes, I copied the wrong link. I have edited my post to correct that error.
Awesome...thank you.

Wow.....THAT is not a small job! Lots of work for a simple ten-cent gasket.
Old 02-20-15, 07:02 AM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

thanks jmcraney! this is so interesting, and i read the whole thing through.

glad that my engine is getting a mid-life tear down and new gaskets at no cost!
Old 02-20-15, 08:15 AM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by peteybabes
thanks jmcraney! this is so interesting, and i read the whole thing through.

glad that my engine is getting a mid-life tear down and new gaskets at no cost!
Thanks for the info jmc! It is nice to know the engine will be reviewed while performing the service. I look forward to taking it in on Monday!
Old 02-20-15, 08:40 AM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 351 Likes on 242 Posts

The instructions for this recall are posted on the SaferCar.gov site: http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs...4V647-9581.pdf
Absolutely fantastic! This answered so many of my questions. The big concern I had - aside from this being somewhat major surgery - was weather they were going to replace those intake gaskets, and it looks like they will (along with the throttle body gasket). It also looks like they will need to add/bleed coolant.

The thing that worries me a little bit is just how many wire connectors there are on this vehicle - connectors don't like to be disconnected after years of use...they get brittle and can easily break, and when they do they don't always get replaced. Also that wiring harness on top of the engine looks like a real bear to work around...as the directions show you need an assistant during that portion. I just don't like the thought of a wiring harness getting stretched that far after how brittle they can become over time.

But a lot of my concerns have been eased.
Old 02-21-15, 08:15 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

I just dropped my car off, I went in for an oil change and my service advisor said you have a recall on your car so might as well leave it, I'm in a ES hybrid for a loaner so should have my car back on Monday. Looks like you don't need a letter (in my case) I never received one only for the dash replacement, and they only will replace it if your dash has a crack.
Old 02-21-15, 08:55 PM
pimpalimpa
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I spoke with my local Lexus service manager to make an appointment for the recall, but they told me the official letter should be coming to owners within a month. I wasn't successful in getting an appointment yet.
Old 02-22-15, 04:56 AM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 351 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Tee
I just dropped my car off, I went in for an oil change and my service advisor said you have a recall on your car so might as well leave it, I'm in a ES hybrid for a loaner so should have my car back on Monday. Looks like you don't need a letter (in my case) I never received one only for the dash replacement, and they only will replace it if your dash has a crack.
Did you mention to them that you've been smelling gasoline around your car? You might want them to look over your entire fuel system.
Old 02-22-15, 05:46 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

I'm in no hurry for this and would rather that all the technical info, parts, special adapters and tools have been properly passed down to the dealers from Lexus Corporate. Sounds like the service techs are also supposed to sit in on a video on the procedure beforehand as well.
Old 02-22-15, 06:05 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Doublebase
Did you mention to them that you've been smelling gasoline around your car? You might want them to look over your entire fuel system.
Doublebase that was Cjitty who mentioned he smelled fuel and had it on file, I never smelled fuel coming from my car. I did text my tech and he told me the job is not bad and they have been performing the recall work for a week now, he is a master tech and I only trust him to touch any of my cars for years.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Recall Alert - fuel lines