LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Recall Alert - fuel lines

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-15, 10:57 AM
AznRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I called the dealer over the weekend and told them Ive been smelling gas outside the car. They didn't ask about any letter and just told me to bring it down today for the recall. They estimated it'll be a 4hr job but since their backup I'm in a ES loaner until it's done.
Old 02-23-15, 10:59 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

I got my car back with a free tank of gas, the ES hybrid was a decent change up for the weekend, but so HAPPY to be back in my car!
Old 02-23-15, 11:12 AM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

just returned my RX350 with 400 miles on it and drove away happy to be in my car, but unhappy with my dealers service department...

i did the honesty test with money in my change drawer and now i'm down $40! (this will be resolved very soon i hope) I had also scheduled a 30K service with a hand wash. i went to get my car on Friday, and they pulled in my salt covered car so i brought the issue to their attention and they told me to take the RX back and they would hand wash it.

When i picked the car up today, not only was the $40 missing, but the sticker in the top left corner just had a phone number and didn't say when i should come back for the oil change which leads me to believe that they never did the oil change that i paid for! (will find out soon)

other than that my car is running just fine and i can't wait to see if i have MPG increase with cleaned fuel lines/MAF/and new gaskets...
Old 02-23-15, 12:59 PM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

I dropped my car off at the Lexus dealership this morning for the repair. They didn't open till 10am because of some ice spots on the roads. As with Tee, they loaned me an ES hybrid. The car was a solid sheet of ice and they scraped on it for 10 minutes before they let me in the drivers seat. Will be sometime tomorrow before I get my car back. In the meantime, I'll be driving hybrid style!
Old 02-23-15, 06:46 PM
PsiPhi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went for an oil change and was told that there was a recall on a gas sensor gauge...said there were reports of leaks....I have an ls 460 and never received a letter...don't recall smelling any gas....they did fill the car up...probably to test the repair cuz gas ain't normally free round here

Last edited by PsiPhi; 02-23-15 at 06:50 PM.
Old 02-24-15, 07:47 AM
tbilisi79
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I haven't gotten a call or a letter as of yet.

I dread the trip to a dealer. Have a hard time trusting their work.
I was amazed they changed the whole front end , control arms and alignment and all brakes the car ca,e back in one peace. Get this, not even a scratch. I asked not to wash the car but they did anyhow.

I also lock the glove box so they don't check on the filter, somehow my flap door in my Gs 430 was broken by a dealer and I had to fix it on my own.

I'm sure I'll have to deal with it at some point. Glad you guys came out ok .
Old 02-24-15, 07:50 AM
AznRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

So they called me early this morning saying I need to replace my spark plugs and was quoted almost $800 for the job. I laugh and told the service advice I'll pass. I'm going to do the DIY spark plug replacement provided by our member RoadFrog. I bought the same plug he used off advanceautoparts.com with $40 off discount for total of $93.20 shipped.
Old 02-24-15, 08:09 AM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tbilisi79

I was amazed they changed the whole front end , control arms and alignment and all brakes the car ca,e back in one peace. Get this, not even a scratch. I asked not to wash the car but they did anyhow.

I also lock the glove box so they don't check on the filter, somehow my flap door in my Gs 430 was broken by a dealer and I had to fix it on my own.

Hey I wasn't trying to scare anybody...

my local dealer is writing me a check for the stolen money and are all over it as it has been an issue lately that they are trying to pinpoint...

I also had them hand wash my car instead of running it through the car wash.
Old 02-24-15, 12:42 PM
1Putt
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tbilisi79

I know what you mean. Sometimes requests for no wash and no test drive are not communicated from the service advisor to the techs. Hard to blame the techs if they weren't told as they are just following std procedures. Also your car could pass on to different techs during the process
Old 02-24-15, 03:39 PM
R Z
Pole Position

Update: I dropped the car off yesterday at 10am. I didn't hear anything from them until I received a call around 1pm CST today. The guy introduces himself as being from Lexus. He says he wanted to talk about my car (Uh oh, what did they do!!!). He proceeds to say: "I'd like to talk to you about buying your car." I was kinda taken a back and wasn't quite sure what he was up to. I said: "Ok what exactly are you saying?" He says: "I have a client looking for your exact car. If you'll bring it up here, I'd like to look at it and see if it's a fit". Then I understood. He was calling me totally random and had no idea my car was in the shop for the recall. BAMM! I said: "Sir, I love my car. You're welcome to buy it if you have enough money. It's there now for a recall. Feel free to take a look!" Of course I scared the crap out of him and do not plan on him calling me back. But if he does, and has the right money, the car is his!

Oh yeah, about an hour and a half later, the service department called and said my car was ready. Full tank of gas and good to go. When service guy drove it up, all I could do was smile! What a great car!!!

Fun Fun Fun!
Old 02-24-15, 04:56 PM
efxonly1
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a salesman is trying to get you to trade your car in for a newer Lexus.
Old 02-24-15, 05:41 PM
R Z
Pole Position

Originally Posted by efxonly1
Sounds like a salesman is trying to get you to trade your car in for a newer Lexus.
No. When I told him what I wanted he said they didn't have one. He never tried anything else.
Old 02-24-15, 06:04 PM
efxonly1
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by R Z
No. When I told him what I wanted he said they didn't have one. He never tried anything else.
Ok. Well, I hope you make a good profit if you do sell it.
Old 03-02-15, 09:37 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

So, it seems that I will be dropping my car off this evening to have the recall done on my car.
A gentleman in service ( a guy I'm purposely developing a solid relationship with) at my local dealership actually gave me a call and told me that there was a recall out on my car and I could bring it in anytime to have it done, and a loaner would be ready for me once the car is dropped off.
I initially had apprehensions about allowing this particular shop perform the work, as this is the same place that:

-Initially had miscommunication regarding a regular balance vs a RFB and was initially up charged but then remedied by the guy mention above...
-Washed the car after I said not to and put scratches in the paint. Called to have the issue addressed and was given a hard time, but again, once I spoke to the guy I mentioned above, he took care of me.

Neither of these HUGE deals, but none the less, it left a bad taste in my mouth. But the gentleman assured me that a Master Tech only performs this recall and the car will be in good hands.

My question to you everyone: Since there will be quite a few things that will be taken apart to address this recall properly, is there anything I should ask them to look at while they have it? I'm aware and will ask them to look at/clean the MAF...
Anything else?

Thanks everyone!

Last edited by CRowe14; 03-02-15 at 12:18 PM.
Old 03-02-15, 11:48 AM
R Z
Pole Position

I thought those same thoughts: what questions to ask and look for. But I just figured when they got in there, they'd notice anything odd. I haven't really driven my car much since the recall repair, but it was driving real nice on the ride home after the service.

Quick Reply: Recall Alert - fuel lines