LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Replacing FRT upper/lower control arms and/or bushings.

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-14, 06:29 PM
1A1
Instructor

Received 300 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirteeboy
How's the ride difference with the polys on the Supra compared to the stock rubber bushings?
It's a little stiffer, but I also changed coil overs at the same time.

Steve
Old 11-26-14, 07:13 PM
cpcc
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

anyone try the Fig bushings yet? if so, how is the ride
Old 11-26-14, 07:20 PM
GotGr1p
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just went through the old figs thread and vendor mentioned it(figs bushing) has failed in little as 5k miles. Doe anyone have first hand experience? I might need to replace mine since I been hearing some noise when hitting bumps.
Old 11-26-14, 07:53 PM
cpcc
Pit Crew

yeah read that post. Wasnt sure if their bushing or the OEM bushing was the one that was failing in 5k miles.
Dont see the LS460 bushing listed on their website either.
Old 11-26-14, 08:01 PM
GotGr1p
Driver School Candidate

It's listed on their site. Here is the link ( http://shopfigs.com/v1/index.php?rou...product_id=264) just change the option to ls460 from ls600
Old 11-26-14, 09:32 PM
cpcc
Pit Crew

cool, thanks for the clarification.
Old 11-28-14, 10:24 AM
Dirteeboy
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Figs is doing a Black Fridayish sale around 50 bucks of regular price for the poly bushings.

Just ordered the adjustable style. I'll try them out when the stocks go
Old 11-28-14, 05:52 PM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 352 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by Devh
If the Figs bushings were developed by Super-Pro then they have done the research.
Super-Pro offers the highest quality and will have the lubricant channels necessary so they don't squeak.
What Super-Pro does is measure the hardness of the rubber bushings and builds theirs to around the same specification. Don't expect a dramatic improvement in handling but at the same time it will not cause any odd behavior with too hard of a bushing.

I have experience with Super-pro, Whiteline, Prothane and Engergy Suspension. The Super-pro is just right for our application.
Good info! I'll look into those.
Old 11-29-14, 06:07 AM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 352 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by 01gs3
I ththought I read that too doublebase, but I think the 5k mile comment was referring to the oem bushings.

If you go to the figs website, it will give a similar description. About oem bushings failing in as little as 5k miles.

Either way I haven't heard any feed back from the item, but am interested.
Thanks, I went to the website and you're absolutely right! To think I thought these things were junk, when they probably aren't. Lol.

My bushings probably will last another 10k miles, but I may replace them with these.
Old 11-29-14, 01:58 PM
fly_s2k
Rookie

Just ordered the adjustable ones. Will post feedback once I have them installed. Hopefully this will provide us with a camber adj solution for those that are lowered.
Old 12-02-14, 11:58 AM
20GS300
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The shop who checked out my car said that my upper and lower control arm bushings have play. From what I can tell, a lot of LS460's have issues with the upper but not the lowers. Is that correct? I am debating to replace the upper and lowers at the same time just to be done with it.
Any feedback would be appreciated. thanks
Old 12-03-14, 09:06 PM
AznRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 20GS300
The shop who checked out my car said that my upper and lower control arm bushings have play. From what I can tell, a lot of LS460's have issues with the upper but not the lowers. Is that correct? I am debating to replace the upper and lowers at the same time just to be done with it.
Took my car in for service last month and they said my lower are going bad on both side but not the uppers. I also been hearing noise going on bumps
Old 12-04-14, 11:48 AM
Dirteeboy
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 20GS300
Just did an oil change and checked them out. My lowers are starting to rip 44k on the odo
Old 12-07-14, 09:39 AM
saustin
Driver School Candidate

Default lubricating control arm bushings?

Do the control arm bushings on an LS460L with air suspension have "grease fittings" to lubricate the bushings? If not, what is the best way to clean and lubricate those bushings?
Old 12-07-14, 10:48 AM
Devh
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by saustin
Do the control arm bushings on an LS460L with air suspension have "grease fittings" to lubricate the bushings? If not, what is the best way to clean and lubricate those bushings?
Modern control arms for the last three decades that use rubber bushings to do not have Zerk grease fittings. About every aspect of the car is maintenance free as far as greasing the chassis.
You don't need to lubricate rubber control arm bushings and if you go with the Polly bushings then they will ether be graphite impregnated or have channels to contain the grease for a long time. I have even seem some poly bushings that have Zerk fittings on the brackets which is a great idea.
There is essentially nothing you can do except pay the odds. You are more likely to not have a problem with your bushings.

Last edited by Devh; 12-07-14 at 10:53 AM.

Quick Reply: Replacing FRT upper/lower control arms and/or bushings.