LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

USED 2013 LS, buy from LEXUS CPO or CARMAX with Carmax Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-14, 10:30 PM
ServiceGuy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by greekguy66
So where is there?

not sure if its a good deal, but want to see it in person to make sure its mint.

http://www.carmax.com/enus/view-car/...results%20page
Old 11-07-14, 10:31 PM
ServiceGuy
Driver

Originally Posted by sktn77a
I take it you saw all the news articles over the summer about lawsuits against CarMax in CA over lack of competent inspections on their cars (CarMax's biggest advertised selling point).
i did not, i will google now to see whats up.
Old 11-08-14, 06:04 AM
greekguy66
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice looking LS. Not sure if I missed it or not, does it have a ML sound system? Didn't see the two speakers on the rear door. Maybe I missed that too.
Old 11-08-14, 09:14 AM
vincentesq
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have purchased two cars from carmax, including my LS460 with the carmax warranty. However, I have not have to use it yet. How does it work in terms of going to the dealer? When I bought it, Carmax said to just bring it to dealer and tell them you have the carmax warranty, but for those that have done that, how's that experience been? Has Lexus dealership ever given you any problems? Do you pay first and get reimbursed from Carmax? Do you contact carmax or does the dealership contact carmax to see if a repair is covered?
Old 11-08-14, 09:30 AM
ServiceGuy
Driver

Originally Posted by vincentesq
I have purchased two cars from carmax, including my LS460 with the carmax warranty. However, I have not have to use it yet. How does it work in terms of going to the dealer? When I bought it, Carmax said to just bring it to dealer and tell them you have the carmax warranty, but for those that have done that, how's that experience been? Has Lexus dealership ever given you any problems? Do you pay first and get reimbursed from Carmax? Do you contact carmax or does the dealership contact carmax to see if a repair is covered?
well if its withing the 4/50, dont say anything about carmax, and if its regarding powertrain you can keep quiet even longer. i think 6/70??

anyways, after 4/50 bring it in, tell them you have the issue whatever it may be, and they will probably charge you a diagnostic fee, and when they tell you the part price and labor price, thats when you say you have a carmax warranty, and they will call carmax, and if needed, carmax will send out one of their reps to make sure the dealer is not ripping you off, or to make sure you are not working with a buddy at the dealership to scam carmax for a new car.

once carmax approves the repair, you wont be charged the diagnostic fee because you agreed to fix the issue, normally they only charge the diag fee is when you decline service,

from there on out, the part that is repaird is then covered by lexus for i think 12 months unlimited miles.

after that time carmax agains resumes reponsibility.

and you only pay for the carmax deductible.

i have never dealth with carmax warranty, but have had something similar.. and i'm sure they all work in a similar fashion. some are less "ALL INCLUSIVE"
Old 11-08-14, 05:24 PM
vincentesq
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That was very clearly explained. Thank you, ServiceGuy!
Old 11-09-14, 10:31 AM
AznRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

My first repair was a starter failure. I had the car towed to the nearest lexus dealer which was 100 miles away since there isn't many lexus dealership here in West Virginia. I told them I have carmax warranty and provided them with all the warranty info and the service advisor took care of everything. They even rembruise me for the towing charge. Second repair I had was last year when I was visiting my folks in Florida and the brake actuator and abs pump fail. This time I drove straight to the dealer because it's only 2 miles away and the service advisor did the rest. Depend on what warranty coverage you buy I choose the 7yr/150k $100 deductible. So far carmax warranty spend over $7500 on repaired on my car and I only paid $200 in deductible. Worth every penny for the warranty if you ask me since they spend more then what I paid for the warranty lol
Old 11-09-14, 11:23 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AznRacer
My first repair was a starter failure. I had the car towed to the nearest lexus dealer which was 100 miles away since there isn't many lexus dealership here in West Virginia. I told them I have carmax warranty and provided them with all the warranty info and the service advisor took care of everything. They even rembruise me for the towing charge. Second repair I had was last year when I was visiting my folks in Florida and the brake actuator and abs pump fail. This time I drove straight to the dealer because it's only 2 miles away and the service advisor did the rest. Depend on what warranty coverage you buy I choose the 7yr/150k $100 deductible. So far carmax warranty spend over $7500 on repaired on my car and I only paid $200 in deductible. Worth every penny for the warranty if you ask me since they spend more then what I paid for the warranty lol
As much as I hate CarMax, after reading this all I can say is Good Job CarMax. Carmax is known fro lowball offers on a trade-in and high APR. I know lots of folks who either end up paying over 16% APR and who got Mega Low trade in offers, as much as $2k-3k below what other dealers offer.
Old 11-10-14, 08:49 AM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FastTags
As much as I hate CarMax, after reading this all I can say is Good Job CarMax. Carmax is known fro lowball offers on a trade-in and high APR. I know lots of folks who either end up paying over 16% APR and who got Mega Low trade in offers, as much as $2k-3k below what other dealers offer.
Not always the case! they offered my Brother $2K more for his IS250 than Lexus would give him, and that ended up being only $2k less than he had spent a year or two before! (basically break even)

Their pricing is based on current market demand, and different times of year such as around tax time, cars start changing hands much quicker so prices and offers are better.
Old 11-10-14, 08:27 PM
AznRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

It's really depend on where you live too. Here in south Florida they offers really good trade in valve then many major dealerships around. It's another reason why when I'm ready to buy a new car I come down to visit my folks in Florida get a print out trade in value from carmax then do my car search.
Old 11-11-14, 10:48 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AznRacer
It's really depend on where you live too. Here in south Florida they offers really good trade in valve then many major dealerships around. It's another reason why when I'm ready to buy a new car I come down to visit my folks in Florida get a print out trade in value from carmax then do my car search.
Not In Houston. The trade-ins I heard are sooo low around here.