LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Anyone installed Avest Led side mirrors?

Old 11-11-14, 03:35 PM
sprtent
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I also think the white should be used for parking (parklight) as well, as it's not bright enough to be very noticeable during the day, though at night it quite nice.

You guys are almost ready to install these and I think wire connections should be very easy. There should only be a total of 4 (minimum) connections.

1. Right signal (red wire from passenger)
2. Left signal (red wire from driver)
3. Parking (combine both blue wires from both sides into one...I think it should be done this way so that if there's a loose connection somewhere, then both will be on or both will be off, not the silly one side on)
4. Ground (combine both black wires, OR you can ground each side separately at the mirrors to minimize running wires in).

Those were the color codes from my Pri. Dirteeboy already found threads for the R/L signal connections, so the only other connection you need is the parking, which if come to worst you can run from the parking light in front of car.

Use a lot of zip ties to minimize future rattling

As for painting, I would just order custom spray can like this one on Ebay. Put on several coats then some clear. This Ebay store is actually local to me and I have personally came there in person to buy these. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-LEXUS-Paint-Spray-Can-Matched-to-YOUR-car-/110673911448?hash=item19c4adde98&item=110673911448&pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&vxp=mtr
Old 11-11-14, 09:40 PM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by roadfrog
Thanks.

I may just leave the DR/Park function disconnected. Hopefully the pkg will come with some form of instructions or diagrams indicating which wire does what (there are 3 wires per mirror).

I was quoted 200 dollars to paint them from the body shop that did my deer collision damage. I can probably find a cheaper option.
No instructions in the package
Old 11-12-14, 03:55 PM
Lexus4me
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sprtent

As for painting, I would just order custom spray can like this one on Ebay. Put on several coats then some clear. This Ebay store is actually local to me and I have personally came there in person to buy these. Custom LEXUS Paint Spray Can - Matched to YOUR car!
Do they allowed pick up?
And this spray can match Starfire Pearl?
Old 11-12-14, 04:50 PM
sprtent
Pit Crew

I think they are called AB Supply and is located on Fremont Blvd. Google them up. Yes they do allow pick up and even mix the paint on the spot for you. They should have Starfire Pearl; Call them first though, or ask them through their Ebay product. I got 1GO Smokey Granite Mica there in person for about $34 a can couple years ago.
Old 11-13-14, 06:35 AM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

wow! and that 1G0 matches well?

i'm thinking about touch-up for my bumper...
Old 11-13-14, 06:54 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

As for painting, I would just order custom spray can like this one on Ebay. Put on several coats then some clear. This Ebay store is actually local to me and I have personally came there in person to buy these.
Hmmm...not sure I trust a rattle can paint job to look good enough. Not ruling it out, but I wonder if it will look satisfactory for this job.
Old 11-13-14, 09:15 AM
sprtent
Pit Crew

The 1G0 was used on the lower front bumper of my former 450h as touch-up. Didn't use it on anywhere with proper layers or number of coats to get a proper saying if it matches well.

No roadfrog, I wouldn't trust any spray can paint to look good on any large surface. But for touch-up and small areas, especially like mirror covers which is almost separate from the car, I think it's fine. Just make sure you prepare the surface well and take your time between coats. Couple coats of prime, 3-4 coats of base and clear. Polish when totally dried to get them shine. Perfectly fine for this application
Old 11-13-14, 09:37 AM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

thanks for that sprtent!

i hope to have the whole front of my car re-sprayed in the spring, but maybe this could help hide the red plastic that is showing through on the bumper where the worst rock chips are...
Old 11-13-14, 11:59 AM
Arvid
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Hope it's OK for the moderators that I put in the link for diff. mirror covers...

..and LED lights types available for different Lexus models:

Covers for many Lexus models:
http://sdt149.stardigital.com.tw/fro...l?Category=155

LED lights available:
http://sdt149.stardigital.com.tw/fro...tml?Category=2

and the lamp cover and LED light that is suitable for the LHD LS46/LS600:
http://sdt149.stardigital.com.tw/fro...3&Category=155

http://sdt149.stardigital.com.tw/fro...y=2&Part=039-1
Regards
Arvid

Last edited by Arvid; 11-13-14 at 01:15 PM. Reason: inserted new correct link
Old 11-14-14, 06:59 AM
Arvid
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Found these here on AliExpress:1 pair complete (cover + LED light) US$ 199,99

including freight .....:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/LED-r...588964800.html

Arvid

Last edited by Arvid; 11-14-14 at 07:13 AM. Reason: more info
Old 11-14-14, 07:30 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Arvid
That's the same merchant and mirrors I got on Ebay. I paid about 12 bucks more, so that's a decent price.
Old 11-14-14, 09:32 AM
Dirteeboy
Driver

Originally Posted by peteybabes
wow! and that 1G0 matches well?

i'm thinking about touch-up for my bumper...
Depending on how many or how bad your chips are, I would recommend Dr. Colorchip. I was skeptical at first, but with a little patience, the chips actually start to disappear.

You smear the paint on wait roughly 5 to 15 minutes depending on temperature. Then with another chemical slowly wipe away excess paint, leaving only paint in the chip. Granted this does take a few coats and a lot of patience, but looks a million times better then those globs of pen paint.

There's a ton of instructional and reviews videos on YouTube.

Btw I have no affiliation with them, as well.
Old 11-15-14, 06:04 PM
Dirteeboy
Driver

Just got the mirror covers in. Seems to pretty well made, the plastic is durable. I'll probably be sending them out to paint on Monday will shoot some pics, when I get them back.

No instructions. 3 wires with a plug at the end, with an extra set of wires
Old 11-19-14, 08:08 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dirteeboy
Just got the mirror covers in. Seems to pretty well made, the plastic is durable. I'll probably be sending them out to paint on Monday will shoot some pics, when I get them back.

No instructions. 3 wires with a plug at the end, with an extra set of wires
Got mine a couple of days ago and they went to a local shop for painting yesterday. Should have them by tomorrow or Friday at the latest. They're charging me 100 bucks, and everywhere else I went wanted almost twice that.

Now I just need to study up on the wiring and where to splice in. I also need to decide whether I hook up the DRL option.

Last edited by roadfrog; 11-19-14 at 08:11 AM.
Old 11-19-14, 12:40 PM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

wouldn't the DRL look a little cheesy? i mean, no other car has one other than the Toyota FJ Cruiser...

blinker is all i would be happy with. obviously the choice is ultimately yours.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone installed Avest Led side mirrors?