LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Super Luxury Car Rankings by USNews

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-14, 06:38 PM
GregoryNP
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Super Luxury Car Rankings by USNews or how unreliably BMWs are!

LS 460 is #8 but has the best reliability...and BMW's the worst...as the members tell us

Link here

Last edited by GregoryNP; 10-12-14 at 06:42 PM.
Old 10-07-14, 07:42 PM
escapedcon
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Panamera is just a sweet ride...if I ever get out of the LS line which after 2 years of ownership I highly doubt it

The Merc S class is top shelf of course but affordability and reliability are real life issues with it I guess
Old 10-07-14, 08:38 PM
dlbuckls10
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts
Wink

The Lexus should be in the top 3 for its reliability and dependability as far as I'm concern. Each to their own.
Old 10-07-14, 09:26 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by dlbuckls10
The Lexus should be in the top 3 for its reliability and dependability as far as I'm concern. Each to their own.
Ummm...it got number ONE in that report. LOL.
Old 10-07-14, 09:59 PM
Devh
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

With all the perceived bloody murder around here and still having a stellar reliability report it makes you wonder how bad the other cars reliability must be like.
What I find remarkable is that we don't even know exactly how much better LS is in regards to reliability compared to the competition.
What if they allotted a sixth dot, would the LS fill that space also.
Old 10-08-14, 04:55 AM
GregoryNP
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Agreed!.

Unhappy people or complainers are move vocal compared to the happy or pleased

Originally Posted by Devh
With all the perceived bloody murder around here and still having a stellar reliability report it makes you wonder how bad the other cars reliability must be like.
What I find remarkable is that we don't even know exactly how much better LS is in regards to reliability compared to the competition.
What if they allotted a sixth dot, would the LS fill that space also.
Old 10-08-14, 06:51 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by GregoryNP
Agreed!. Unhappy people or complainers are move vocal compared to the happy or pleased
Which I try to convey around here, every LS460/600hl owner is not unhappy with their car or have every issue that is reported on this forum nor having every issue happen to them while owning the car. I also think it's getting old when previous gen LS owners come rain on 460 owners parade or try to persuade them from the 460. If you do your homework and make sure the items are thoroughly check and taking care of buying used one is not a bad idea. You have take complaints with a grain of salt and be open minded, remember this is the internet and we may not get the whole story nor know the real history of the car with the issue. However as always this community is glad to jump in help the member resolve their issue when presented or point them in the right direction. No car is perfect especially when dealing in the previous owned world, yes there are common issues that affect the 460 I won't deny that but the 460 is not a lemon.
Old 10-08-14, 09:03 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

From Miriam-Webster's Dictionary:

Lem´on Pronunciation: lĕm´ŭn
noun

1. Yellow citrus fruit
2. BMW 745i

Guess I'm spolied with my LS after my BMW experiences.
Old 10-09-14, 06:14 AM
escapedcon
Driver

Originally Posted by roadfrog
From Miriam-Webster's Dictionary:

Lem´on Pronunciation: lĕm´ŭn
noun

1. Yellow citrus fruit
2. BMW 745i

Guess I'm spolied with my LS after my BMW experiences.
too funny. thanks.
Old 10-09-14, 07:34 AM
hjones4841
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"sufficient power and gives it reasonable acceleration" Who are they kidding??? Sounds like we need to run thru the gears with their testers!!
Old 10-09-14, 07:52 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by hjones4841
"sufficient power and gives it reasonable acceleration" Who are they kidding??? Sounds like we need to run thru the gears with their testers!!

While the LS460 has good power, the acceleration is nothing to rave about. Quick for a heavy car, yes. Quick car in general, no.
Old 10-09-14, 08:01 AM
cgawelko
Pole Position

You gotta look at it from a "car reviewer" point of view. Everyone wants Bentley Continental Super Sport power and luxury, for a Fiat 500 price. They say its slow compared to the others, sure that may be. But look at the engineering. Lexus engines are reliable as hell and you can beat the crap out of them and they take it. Try that with that BMW 745i. They seriously get 11mpg. I drove a 2009 745LI for about 20 mins on a test drive, and that was about 19mins longer than I should have. The HUD showed 11mpg while cruising, and I mashed it to get to highway and it was much less when I looked down. It was fast though. But unreliable, TERRIBLE on gas, and its gauges are plain.

And seriously. No Audi belongs on this list. Not a single one. I tested one of those Audi SUV things. My lord. What a slug. Serious hesitation followed by braking insufficient for the weight. They overlook everything. Audi's reliability is set too high on this one. should get 3 out of 10 for reliability. Timing sets where you have to pull the transmission, oil consuming 2.8TT, sludge factory 1.8T, come on with that.
Old 10-09-14, 09:25 AM
Devh
Racer

Originally Posted by GSteg
While the LS460 has good power, the acceleration is nothing to rave about. Quick for a heavy car, yes. Quick car in general, no.
In it's defense it's quicker then 90% of the cars on the road. A luxury car is not suppose to be a lead sled, it's suppose to have quality power for luxury and in this department the LS is over fulfilled.
The problem is that some manufactures do not understand the concept so they play the marketing game with insane horsepower numbers to sell cars.
Much of this power is unusable on the road and will get anyone into trouble quick,the traction control will also get then the way.

Last edited by Devh; 10-09-14 at 02:33 PM.
Old 10-09-14, 01:44 PM
hjones4841
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Devh
Much of this power is unusable on the road and will get anyone into trouble quick,the traction control will also get then the way.
Coming from a long line of Detroit iron from 50 years of driving, I was pleasantly surprised by the power of the LS 460. On acceleration alone, it reminds me of the muscle cars of the 1960s without all their drama.

I certainly need no more power than the Lexus 4.6; and you are correct, even it can get an average driver quickly in trouble. With clogged urban roads and 18 wheeler lined rural interstates, there are not many places to use even a part of it. I will take a car that I can get into, confident that it will get me to "point B" without a detour to the local dealer or a call to the motor club.
Old 10-09-14, 03:03 PM
Devh
Racer

Originally Posted by hjones4841
Coming from a long line of Detroit iron from 50 years of driving, I was pleasantly surprised by the power of the LS 460. On acceleration alone, it reminds me of the muscle cars of the 1960s without all their drama.

I certainly need no more power than the Lexus 4.6; and you are correct, even it can get an average driver quickly in trouble. With clogged urban roads and 18 wheeler lined rural interstates, there are not many places to use even a part of it. I will take a car that I can get into, confident that it will get me to "point B" without a detour to the local dealer or a call to the motor club.
Exactly. The LS essentially has the power of the old big blocks.
I think the biggest problem with driving today is bad drivers that insist of talking on the phone, texting and eating behind the wheel. It's one of the main reasons why I decided that motorcycles are no longer for me.

Quick Reply: Super Luxury Car Rankings by USNews