LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Sorry but I have to ask , how many of you are still HAPPY with your LS460???

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-14, 03:34 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by greg3852
Glad I'm not the only one here who sees it. My thing is, if you wanted the 430, then be happy with it. No need to go around to another forum and constantly say how many problems there are with the 460. If you don't want it, then go back to the 430 and stay there for as long as you can.
Greg you want a fake forum where people come in and pretend everything is all roses?

If so go find that forum and stay the hell out of this one.

In here we openly discuss issues and try to find ways to resolve them .

You guys are now starting to remind me of the guys in the Mercedes forums, full of PRIDE for their vehicles, mention anything regarding reliability or issues they are having and they get all emotional and snotty.

Grow up
Old 09-21-14, 03:35 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SBlexus
1willy1, "come on over the water is fine".
lol thanks man , good words of encouragement
Old 09-21-14, 03:39 PM
pmiller
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Och!!! I think this thread is touching nerves. Not just yours, but everyone's. I think everyone needs to chill. I offered my view of my experience. I think without being defensive. I've had mine for almost 2 years. Only issues are rotors and tires. It's Sunday afternoon, let's all chill, have a cold one and remember the good things our lives bring us.

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
Greg you want a fake forum where people come in and pretend everything is all roses?

You guys are now starting to remind me of the guys in the Mercedes forums, full of PRIDE for their vehicles, mention anything regarding reliability or issues they are having and they get all emotional and snotty.

Grow up
Old 09-21-14, 03:45 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by pmiller
Och!!! I think this thread is touching nerves. Not just yours, but everyone's. I think everyone needs to chill. I offered my view of my experience. I think without being defensive. I've had mine for almost 2 years. Only issues are rotors and tires. It's Sunday afternoon, let's all chill, have a cold one and remember the good things our lives bring us.
your right man , im sorry , I just don't understand why people would get so defensive im not here to attack their car or them , in fact im looking to buy one for myself so that should explain my intentions best.

Im gonna bow out for a while ,,ill be back tonight or tomorrow.
Old 09-21-14, 03:50 PM
Devh
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Grow up
Keeping up with the joneses much. Maybe you don't realize you are doing it. It happens and it's funny caricature.
Good luck with whatever you choose and maybe the lack of power adders and the less then stealer reliability of the LS460 will make your decision easier for you.
Old 09-21-14, 04:02 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Devh, you seem to like to jump in and throw ur two cents around and that's fine, I like to do the same , the problem is you seem to be wrong many of the times and seem to just be running around half cocked looking for something to jump into.
Hmmm....well I have to disagree. Devh has actually contributed USEFUL information that has helped many... including me. I've looked for similar posts from yourself, but can't seem to find anything here on the LS forum. Devh has researched enough to help figure out the VVT-I system in order to help solve the hesitation issue. DId I resort to "snake oil"? Yes...because it actually seems to be part of the process of curing the issues. We're not talking about an additive that "BONDS" to the metals of your car with Teflon or some other claim. It's just a cleaning additive to make the VVT happy and start using the recommended oil. Why does this **** you off so much? It certainly doesn't **** me off and IM THE ONE WITH THE ISSUE. Did you look at the info Devh researched in this? If I went to the 430 forum and came in with the same posts as yours, how would it be received? If you come here telling valued members to "**** OFF", and then go on a rampage with others and challenging them, (all the while claiming to just be gathering information for your own purchase considerations), what do you expect?

Look, lets all just chill. I like PMillers idea...one Guiness coming right up. And I'm buying....even for you 1Willy1!
Old 09-21-14, 04:17 PM
robert1408
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 19 Posts

your right man , im sorry , I just don't understand why people would get so defensive im not here to attack their car or them , in fact im looking to buy one for myself so that should explain my intentions best.

Im gonna bow out for a while ,,ill be back tonight or tomorrow.
Yes, 1WILLY1, come over to the dark side. Get yourself an LS 460.
Old 09-21-14, 04:22 PM
pmiller
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The dark side...hahaha! That is funny! I mean really funny because of things in my past. LOL!!!!

Originally Posted by robert1408
Yes, 1WILLY1, come over to the dark side. Get yourself an LS 460.
Old 09-21-14, 04:35 PM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Grow up
Best part is, I wasn't even talking about you first of all. Second of all, I don't want a fake forum, but I also don't want a forum where guys who own another car come here and try to trash this one. Again, I never mentioned you as you are asking legitimate questions, and wasn't even thinking of you. So yes you might want to try decaf. As for growing up, I'm kind of old already. I'm a grandfather already...

I know the 460 has had some issues, but it isn't something that needs to be bashed either. It is reliable, and a great car. I know. I have one. You should too. You'd love it.

Last edited by greg3852; 09-21-14 at 04:39 PM.
Old 09-25-14, 05:35 AM
Chaos236
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

If mine dissappeared today I would replace it with a red one.
Old 09-25-14, 05:49 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by Chaos236
If mine dissappeared today I would replace it with a red one.
LOL! Awesome.
Old 09-25-14, 06:37 AM
escapedcon
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2 years in and I continue to absolutely love my LS460. this car is both a beauty and a beast.

the level of craftsmanship, quality materials and just pure overall quality in this vehicle is mind blowing.
nothing out there comes close in this price range. (even 20-30k above!)

every time I drive another car and then get into my LS it leaves me speechless.

like someone said here, if you constantly turn your head to admire your car (even after 2 years of ownership) every time you walk away from it, you know you made the right decision

no major issues in 2 years. mine is a CPO 2008 LS460 w/Confort Pkg.

Last edited by escapedcon; 09-25-14 at 06:41 AM.
Old 09-25-14, 07:06 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Bought mine 7 months ago and have yet to sit in it or even see it in person......
Old 09-25-14, 08:22 AM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MrMark
Bought mine 7 months ago and have yet to sit in it or even see it in person......
I wish I had a GS and SC in the stable to mess with while the LS460 is MIA.
Old 09-25-14, 10:41 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by roadfrog
Hmmm....well I have to disagree. Devh has actually contributed USEFUL information that has helped many... including me. I've looked for similar posts from yourself, but can't seem to find anything here on the LS forum. Devh has researched enough to help figure out the VVT-I system in order to help solve the hesitation issue. DId I resort to "snake oil"? Yes...because it actually seems to be part of the process of curing the issues. We're not talking about an additive that "BONDS" to the metals of your car with Teflon or some other claim. It's just a cleaning additive to make the VVT happy and start using the recommended oil. Why does this **** you off so much? It certainly doesn't **** me off and IM THE ONE WITH THE ISSUE. Did you look at the info Devh researched in this? If I went to the 430 forum and came in with the same posts as yours, how would it be received? If you come here telling valued members to "**** OFF", and then go on a rampage with others and challenging them, (all the while claiming to just be gathering information for your own purchase considerations), what do you expect?

Look, lets all just chill. I like PMillers idea...one Guiness coming right up. And I'm buying....even for you 1Willy1!
well thanks for the drink , and I feel bad this thread has turned a little ugly , not my intentions at all.

My only point was that with a car like the 460 you really shouldn't have to be left alone to self diagnose problems and experiment with different (non recommended) oils and additives, I do think you are handling it quite well , I know if it were my car is be extremely stressed out.

Anyways I apologize if I came across as rude or harsh.

Originally Posted by greg3852
Best part is, I wasn't even talking about you first of all. Second of all, I don't want a fake forum, but I also don't want a forum where guys who own another car come here and try to trash this one. Again, I never mentioned you as you are asking legitimate questions, and wasn't even thinking of you. So yes you might want to try decaf. As for growing up, I'm kind of old already. I'm a grandfather already...

I know the 460 has had some issues, but it isn't something that needs to be bashed either. It is reliable, and a great car. I know. I have one. You should too. You'd love it.
sorry Greg, I felt it was directed at me , and I felt like people were attacking me , no hard feelings buddy

Quick Reply: Sorry but I have to ask , how many of you are still HAPPY with your LS460???