LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

22's on stock suspension

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-14, 01:10 PM
RodT
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any pics of your setup?
Old 09-24-14, 05:28 PM
Bolosdad
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the rear right is the side that rubs with people in the rear. Was looking to get Megan coilovers and give it a little drop. I'm fully aware of what comes with a lowered car but i don't plan on slamming it down, just a little above the tire. My good friends tell me that it looks good just like that and to just shave the rears and call it a day, but it's so hard to live with that wheel gap and I know a drop will look good but don't want to regret it down the road. No one can give me an honest answer on how Megan or any other coilover will ride, air is too much.

Old 09-25-14, 07:16 AM
RodT
Pole Position

extremely nice setup, just a suggestion if i was in your situation with the offset problem i would just purchase two new rear wheels with the correct offset to eliminate the rubbing issue and try to sell the other wheels to try to recoupe some of the cost of the new wheels. The coilovers sounds like a plan to eliminate the wheel gap too but I cant give any input on the quality of the ride due me never owning a set or knowing anyone that has a set on an LS. Everyone i know owned a set (not on an LS) was purchased from ebay ( which they rode like crap) they were really cheap so my thinking is that you get what you pay for. I just say check the faqs to see if anyone has posted anything there regarding their experience
Old 09-25-14, 11:21 AM
marcjosef
Driver School Candidate

I am running 22x10.5 with 295s and no rubbing at all. Your offset is incorrect.
Old 09-25-14, 12:20 PM
Bolosdad
Driver

Originally Posted by marcjosef
I am running 22x10.5 with 295s and no rubbing at all. Your offset is incorrect.
Yea we figured that out already
Old 09-25-14, 12:27 PM
Bolosdad
Driver

Originally Posted by RodT
extremely nice setup, just a suggestion if i was in your situation with the offset problem i would just purchase two new rear wheels with the correct offset to eliminate the rubbing issue and try to sell the other wheels to try to recoupe some of the cost of the new wheels. The coilovers sounds like a plan to eliminate the wheel gap too but I cant give any input on the quality of the ride due me never owning a set or knowing anyone that has a set on an LS. Everyone i know owned a set (not on an LS) was purchased from ebay ( which they rode like crap) they were really cheap so my thinking is that you get what you pay for. I just say check the faqs to see if anyone has posted anything there regarding their experience
I can't spend anymore money on wheel, I'll just get the rears shaved and live with the gap.
Old 09-26-14, 06:37 AM
Bolosdad
Driver

Originally Posted by RodT
Did they own Megan coilovers or just coilovers in general that rode bad?