LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

22's on stock suspension

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-14, 09:56 PM
Bolosdad
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok guys, I may have given the wrong information. I took the rim off of the car and I was trying to find the word "offset" and didn't see it. But I have come to learn that the ET25 on the inside of them wheel is the offset. The other information came from a tire website that sells Savini wheels like mine as a set for my car with tires in a staggered set. I was doing an insant chat with the sales person and they said that my car would take a 30 offset in the front and a 35 offset in the rear. I did'nt check the front tire yet to see the offset because it has no problem.
I'm assuming that it's rubbing on the plastic beading that lines the lip of the fender because i had damage to the outside wall of the tire at the top.
Old 09-05-14, 12:06 AM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

That's your problem. That's more of a bmw fitment. You can make those work but you'll need to shave the rear quarter lip flat
Old 09-05-14, 07:07 AM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lbintab
That's your problem. That's more of a bmw fitment. You can make those work but you'll need to shave the rear quarter lip flat
Yup, shave the rear fender before doing any suspension work. Otherwise, you will have more problems.
Old 09-05-14, 10:17 AM
Bolosdad
Driver

Originally Posted by Nat
Yup, shave the rear fender before doing any suspension work. Otherwise, you will have more problems.
Thanks, so I'm basically screwed. I brought the car from a dealer who sells high end cars with after market wheels installed already. You'd think that they would know. So my off set really this 25mm? Which is bad by what you guys are telling me? I like the way it looks now except for the wheel gap in the front and it looks worse with people in the back. Sometimes it feels too floaty and I'd like a little firmness like my bmw 535 I owned. My 02 s430 was less floaty, this is almost like a coupe de ville feel. Someone would make a lot of money if the could develop a stiffer stock rear spring and a true 1inch drop spring for the front. I guess I'll be stock and riding easy over dips.
Old 09-05-14, 12:17 PM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Shave the rear lip and you are good to go. If you don't like the floatyness, get some spring and call it a day.
Old 09-05-14, 01:02 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Nat
Shave the rear lip and you are good to go. If you don't like the floatyness, get some spring and call it a day.
Yuo..exactly. I knew something wasn't right with the offsets. 25 in the rear will def cause rubbing
Old 09-05-14, 02:38 PM
Snoop95
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Yuo..exactly. I knew something wasn't right with the offsets. 25 in the rear will def cause rubbing
Agreed, +35 and higher seems to be the consensus as far as no mods to the rear fenders; I run 10.5 / +35 on 295's in the rear of my 07L, no issues.

Snoop.
Old 09-05-14, 03:15 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Snoop95
Agreed, +35 and higher seems to be the consensus as far as no mods to the rear fenders; I run 10.5 / +35 on 295's in the rear of my 07L, no issues. Snoop.
I'm running the same fitment in the rear +35 on 295's but I also agree with this Elvin (See quote below) about different tire brands sidewall are not equal and can cause rubbing. On some tire brands 295 has a slight stretch on a 10.5 wheel and others don't, the 305/25/22 size fixes that issue but only two brands make that size Toyo & Delinte.

Did I read that you shaved the rear quarters? You know not every tire will have the same shape. It may be the same size as another brand but when mounted doesn't have the same shape... Like where the sidewall meets the thread.
Old 09-05-14, 10:13 PM
Bolosdad
Driver

Ok so if I shave my fenders I'll be able to put springs on and not have any issues with weight in the back and rubbing? Even with my offset?
Old 09-06-14, 02:14 AM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Bolosdad
Ok so if I shave my fenders I'll be able to put springs on and not have any issues with weight in the back and rubbing? Even with my offset?
No guarantee it won't rub still. Either way I have springs for sale if you're interested
Old 09-06-14, 06:42 AM
1Putt
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

No guarantee it won't rub still. Either way I have springs for sale if you're interested
+1, in fact you will probably still rub
Old 09-06-14, 02:53 PM
Bolosdad
Driver

Thanks for all of the advise guys, I guess I'll stay stock and ride easy with passengers in the rear. I don't want to by two more rims with the correct offset or spends thousands on air for my daily driven car. Maybe I can find stiffer springs from a different vehicle that I can use on my car. I was thinking about cutting the very top of the springs in the front to give it a little drop.
Old 09-06-14, 03:10 PM
is150
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bolosdad
Thanks for all of the advise guys, I guess I'll stay stock and ride easy with passengers in the rear. I don't want to by two more rims with the correct offset or spends thousands on air for my daily driven car. Maybe I can find stiffer springs from a different vehicle that I can use on my car. I was thinking about cutting the very top of the springs in the front to give it a little drop.
Don't even think about cutting the springs. Lol.
Just have the rear quarters shaved. Ask a couple body shops and find out how much it is in your area. My buddy did mine with a grinder and sealed it with under body paint. That should fix your rubbing at stock height. If not you'll need a narrower tire.
Old 09-23-14, 12:12 PM
Bolosdad
Driver

Will coilovers still rub with my fenders shaved and Coilovers in place? I just want to go down 1 inch in the rear and 1 1/2 in front and be able to have passengers in the back.
Old 09-23-14, 09:52 PM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Again no guarantee because tire sidewalls shape still can make the difference.

Quick Reply: 22's on stock suspension