LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS460 Air Suspension Compressor

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-14, 11:36 PM
Kumar350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS460 Air Suspension Compressor

I recently lost my IS350 due to a bad wreck and looking into getting another vehicle...leaning heavily towards the LS line. My question is I came across the DataSystems Air Suspension Controller and I saw a video of one and I noticed that the changing of height takes so long with the OEM compressor; is it possible to swap out the OEM air compressor for an aftermarket one such as VIAIR also same goes for the air lines. Will that speed of the height change time?
Old 08-22-14, 12:48 AM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

No one has done it or attempted it. I'm sure they would have already made a conversion kit if it was possible. It may be a costly endevour. Might be less of a headache just to spend the bucks on a completely aftermarket system or live with how slow it takes to air up and down.
Old 08-22-14, 08:44 AM
lieup
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Air suspension conversion kit

Originally Posted by Kumar350
I recently lost my IS350 due to a bad wreck and looking into getting another vehicle...leaning heavily towards the LS line. My question is I came across the DataSystems Air Suspension Controller and I saw a video of one and I noticed that the changing of height takes so long with the OEM compressor; is it possible to swap out the OEM air compressor for an aftermarket one such as VIAIR also same goes for the air lines. Will that speed of the height change time?
I don't know about VIAIR compressor. But I know there is a company in JP allow you to swap out your OEM suspension with their after market air sus. Conversion kit. Pretty much plug and play. However, when using this kit, data system controller highly recommend for max down and max up.
Old 08-22-14, 02:26 PM
brianlin87
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by lbintab
No one has done it or attempted it. I'm sure they would have already made a conversion kit if it was possible. It may be a costly endevour. Might be less of a headache just to spend the bucks on a completely aftermarket system or live with how slow it takes to air up and down.
Actually they sell a speed compressor kit in Japan specifically meant to solve the Datasystems "wait time". Last I checked YAJ it sold for around $2,000 for a new compressor and larger lines.

I considered this option for quite some time, but after I realized my struts came with the option of an additional line - I ended up just opting to go E-Level.

http://page19.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/x349942218

Originally Posted by lieup
I don't know about VIAIR compressor. But I know there is a company in JP allow you to swap out your OEM suspension with their after market air sus. Conversion kit. Pretty much plug and play. However, when using this kit, data system controller highly recommend for max down and max up.
There are a handful of companies that make these types of "harmonic" kits as plug and play air suspensions. In fact, my Aragosta Youzeald Coilovers are just that - plug and play into OEM air lines no dash lights nothing. Quite frankly I've never heard of a company recommending the data system controller as the means of air management; and the primary reason I'm upgrading to E-Level now is b/c of the lack of control the data system management has. Data Systems is great if you're content with it, but if you want true full blown air management - it's a long way from there.

Last edited by brianlin87; 08-22-14 at 02:37 PM.
Old 08-29-14, 10:04 PM
FreddyG
Intermediate

Received 101 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by brianlin87
Actually they sell a speed compressor kit in Japan specifically meant to solve the Datasystems "wait time". Last I checked YAJ it sold for around $2,000 for a new compressor and larger lines.

I considered this option for quite some time, but after I realized my struts came with the option of an additional line - I ended up just opting to go E-Level.

http://page19.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/x349942218

There are a handful of companies that make these types of "harmonic" kits as plug and play air suspensions. In fact, my Aragosta Youzeald Coilovers are just that - plug and play into OEM air lines no dash lights nothing. Quite frankly I've never heard of a company recommending the data system controller as the means of air management; and the primary reason I'm upgrading to E-Level now is b/c of the lack of control the data system management has. Data Systems is great if you're content with it, but if you want true full blown air management - it's a long way from there.
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is E-Level?
Old 08-30-14, 01:03 AM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by FreddyG
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is E-Level?
Google is your friend. http://accuair.com/airmanagementprod...r-w-touchpad-8
Old 08-31-14, 05:00 PM
FreddyG
Intermediate

Received 101 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by lbintab
Thanks!

You are right, Google is my friend! Sorry to bother you!