LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Tuning question for 2009 LS 460.............

Old 08-06-14, 07:59 PM
FreddyG
Intermediate

Received 85 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Tuning question for 2009 LS 460.............

Hi Guys (and Gals too, if applicable)!

I'm new to Lexus and was wondering if there were any programs out there to fine tune the features of these cars?

When we had our F30 BMW, they have E-Sys, which lets you change some of the features of the car using a laptop and some software. It was the same software that BMW uses, just installed on a laptop. It would change things like if you press and hold the key fob, the mirrors would fold and the windows would go up and stuff like that.

I was able to change over 20 different things on our car and just made it more convenient and just a bit different from other BMW's.

Then Audi has what they call VAG COM, which does similar Audi things (also using Audi Software).

I was just wondering if Lexus had any software or stuff like that to just kind tweak or individualize our cars.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 08-06-14, 08:04 PM
1Putt
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Search for the threads on "Carista" app and module
Old 08-06-14, 08:16 PM
FreddyG
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 1Putt
Search for the threads on "Carista" app and module
Thank You!
Old 08-06-14, 09:40 PM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Yes there are custom settings available through the dealer or someone with the software
Old 08-07-14, 03:54 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Yes, our Android app, Carista, can change lots of those settings, and it's way simpler than any of those computer applications that you mentioned. In the interest of fairness, I'll also mention "Techstream", which is a computer application for Toyota/Lexus.

Btw, do you still have your BMW? We're currently developing support for BMWs and we're looking for people to beta-test the app before it's released.

P.S. Carista supports VW/Audi as well.
Old 08-07-14, 09:20 AM
FreddyG
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Carista
Welcome to the forum. Yes, our Android app, Carista, can change lots of those settings, and it's way simpler than any of those computer applications that you mentioned. In the interest of fairness, I'll also mention "Techstream", which is a computer application for Toyota/Lexus.

Btw, do you still have your BMW? We're currently developing support for BMWs and we're looking for people to beta-test the app before it's released.

P.S. Carista supports VW/Audi as well.
Thank You for the Welcome!

No,we traded in the BMW for the Lexus (which we pick up tonight).

The E-Sys was complicated at first, but once you figured out the system, it wasn't that bad. The worse thing about that software was that it was in German and when I started using it, it was a bit tough. I met a couple of Guys that helped me out a whole bunch and it became A LOT easier, but as most things you get better with practice. There are also some Really good cheat sheets to be found and they help Tremendously!

The VAG COM software, when we had our Audi was simpler and had a much better interface than the E_SYS and at least it was in English.

It appears that the learning curve on yours is quite a bit easier and that's a HUGE bonus! Thanks for making the app!

I like the idea of your software and that I can use an Android device and Bluetooth to use it. It is MUCH simpler and at least you didn't write it in Japanese!

I plan on buying your app (providing I can use it on a tablet) when we pick up our car tonight and getting into changing some settings. It's actually quite fun once you get the hang of it.

Thanks again for both the Welcome and the App!
Old 08-07-14, 09:37 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Yes, you can use the app on an Android tablet, as long as you have an internet connection in order to make the purchase (since changing settings requires an in-app purchase inside the free app). Once you connect to your car, the app will detect that you have a compatible car and when you attempt to change a setting ("customization"), it will prompt you to buy the "Pro Package", which costs $19.99 and gives you unlimited use of the app. That's why you need to have internet access when you're in the car. But if you don't, you can just take the tablet home (or some place with WiFi) while it's in that state, complete the purchase, then get back to the car and start playing with the settings You don't need internet access after you've made the purchase.

Of course, you also need the hardware device to connect to the car, which is a standard (i.e. cheap) Bluetooth ELM327 device; we don't make or sell those, but you can get them on amazon or other retailers; see: http://www.caristaapp.com/hardware/

Let me know if you have any questions or if you run into issues.
Old 08-07-14, 04:12 PM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does the carista allow to turn off the air suspension ecu?
Old 08-07-14, 04:15 PM
GregoryNP
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Not for iPhone?
Old 08-12-14, 06:51 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by broken_tsi
Does the carista allow to turn off the air suspension ecu?
No, but if that's a "dealer setting" then we can implement it in Carista as well. Do you know if it is?

Originally Posted by GregoryNP
Not for iPhone?
Not yet, but we're starting development of an iOS version. See http://www.caristaapp.com/ios/