LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2011 CPO LS40 L price check

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-14, 12:17 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by greg3852
Things to look for, get adaptive cruise. Look for the button on the right side of the steering wheel opposite the hold button. If it has a car (i think) then it has it.

Personally as someone who has an LS without air suspension, I will NEVER do it again. I don't care about it needing replacement as I always get a warranty. I would never buy another LS without it. Regular suspension is rough. And I wouldn't even look at one without adaptive cruise. I'd walk away. They are both must haves for me.
Adaptive cruise control isn't a deal breaker for me.

Interestingly I wanted the LWB wihtout Air, as the problems I had with air on my GL450 Benz.

I cant imagine the regular suspension being "rough" but I haven't test driven this car yet.
Old 08-05-14, 01:37 PM
DJWLDW
Pole Position

Received 419 Likes on 311 Posts

Ryan

My vin decoder showed on the first page under Tech Specs Air,Multi-Link on both front and rear. It would be nice to see the rear seat shot with the arm rest down. Your rear head rests look like mine which are powered or at least with the rear seat upgrade they are.

Dennis
Old 08-05-14, 01:58 PM
riknchar
Instructor

Received 227 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanSC300lover
Adaptive cruise control isn't a deal breaker for me.

Interestingly I wanted the LWB wihtout Air, as the problems I had with air on my GL450 Benz.

I cant imagine the regular suspension being "rough" but I haven't test driven this car yet.
I had a 2011 LS460 AWD prior to my current 2008 LS600hL. My LS460 did not have the Air Suspension, and my LS600 does. To be perfectly honest, I found the ride in the non-air-suspension car to be just fine -- no huge difference in overall ride. I do notice my LS600 being a bit quieter and smoother than the LS460, but I attribute that to the hybrid technology and the added weight of the car, not the air ride suspension.

I do enjoy the adaptive cruise in the LS600, but I can't honestly say it would be a deal-breaker for me. It would definitely be a "tie-breaker" between two equal cars, but I could probably live without it. I don't do that much highway cruising, though.

I have the exact same interior color scheme as the one you're looking at (gray), and I LOVE it! To me, it's the sharpest looking scheme, and the interior of my LS600 (with almost 60K miles) looks nearly new still, so it wears well. Of course, color preference is very subjective, but for what it's worth, I think the gray looks spectacular.
Old 08-05-14, 03:00 PM
markLS460
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My opinion is that asking price for this LS is fair considering it is L version. Of course pending clean carfax and autocheck.

Keep us posted, it looks nice!
Old 08-05-14, 04:20 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Car fax is clean. Original owner. All records at same dealer where car was purchased.

Aside from service every 5K, 30K, 45K were done.

Has new tires, new rear rotors and pads, front rotors resurfaced, and front new pads.
Old 08-05-14, 04:21 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DJWLDW
Ryan

My vin decoder showed on the first page under Tech Specs Air,Multi-Link on both front and rear. It would be nice to see the rear seat shot with the arm rest down. Your rear head rests look like mine which are powered or at least with the rear seat upgrade they are.

Dennis
I requested the center armrest pic from the salesman, and just waiting on it now.
Old 08-05-14, 04:24 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by riknchar
I had a 2011 LS460 AWD prior to my current 2008 LS600hL. My LS460 did not have the Air Suspension, and my LS600 does. To be perfectly honest, I found the ride in the non-air-suspension car to be just fine -- no huge difference in overall ride. I do notice my LS600 being a bit quieter and smoother than the LS460, but I attribute that to the hybrid technology and the added weight of the car, not the air ride suspension.

I do enjoy the adaptive cruise in the LS600, but I can't honestly say it would be a deal-breaker for me. It would definitely be a "tie-breaker" between two equal cars, but I could probably live without it. I don't do that much highway cruising, though.

I have the exact same interior color scheme as the one you're looking at (gray), and I LOVE it! To me, it's the sharpest looking scheme, and the interior of my LS600 (with almost 60K miles) looks nearly new still, so it wears well. Of course, color preference is very subjective, but for what it's worth, I think the gray looks spectacular.

I would LOVE a 600HL. Being a BIG DOG has its charms. However, I can't seem to find any quality used ones, and the ones I have seen at 80K-85k asking price, to me its too much for the LS (for me).

I haven't ridden in the air ride LS460, but having ridden in other cars, there is a difference, but after having to change the air suspension on my Benz SUV 3 times, I am ok living life like a commoner without the Air in the LS

I do like the interior color of the car. My CT has similar color. I do wish the wood was wood color, instead of the dark grey.

THe L version (locally) seem to be a very hard find.

THE CPO site doesn't seem to offer a US wide search for the 600..

something like this would be my ideal car. Rare outside color. Wood color interior. Rear seat package
http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...9545/overview/

Last edited by ryanSC300lover; 08-05-14 at 04:32 PM.
Old 08-06-14, 06:06 PM
Tzakiel
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MSRP was $77K.

Asking price is $40k.

Just curious, as several have said this is a fair price - is it expected to simply pay the dealer the asking price for a CPO? Or is there still a ~10% wiggle room for negotiation? I guess I assumed the dealer price would always be inflated some. Is it not?
Old 08-07-14, 08:01 AM
riknchar
Instructor

Received 227 Likes on 140 Posts

I would LOVE a 600HL. Being a BIG DOG has its charms. However, I can't seem to find any quality used ones, and the ones I have seen at 80K-85k asking price, to me its too much for the LS (for me).

I haven't ridden in the air ride LS460, but having ridden in other cars, there is a difference, but after having to change the air suspension on my Benz SUV 3 times, I am ok living life like a commoner without the Air in the LS

I do like the interior color of the car. My CT has similar color. I do wish the wood was wood color, instead of the dark grey.

THe L version (locally) seem to be a very hard find.

THE CPO site doesn't seem to offer a US wide search for the 600..

something like this would be my ideal car. Rare outside color. Wood color interior. Rear seat package
http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...9545/overview/
Yeah, I've been admiring that particular LS600hL on Cars.com for a while. I think the price is slightly too high, given the miles, but I do love the unique color scheme. The 2010 comes with a nicer instrument panel, and some of the early issues (wind noise, etc.) are less prevalent in the later models.. I actually prefer the gray wood color myself, but I understand why you'd want your wood to LOOK like wood. The 2010 LS600 in your link has the nice matte-finished wood, which I do really like compared to the super-polished look.

As far as the LS600 vs the LS460, I'm a huge proponent of the 600. I've had both, and I definitely appreciate the fully loaded nature of the 600, along with the significantly better in-town fuel economy (I was getting 17-18 mpg with my 460, I'm getting 22 or so with my 600). The 600 is rarer, but does seem to depreciate a bit more (based on the 115K+ MSRP); of course, depreciation in this regard is to your favor as a buyer.

Good luck! Rick
Old 08-07-14, 09:18 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by riknchar
Yeah, I've been admiring that particular LS600hL on Cars.com for a while. I think the price is slightly too high, given the miles, but I do love the unique color scheme. The 2010 comes with a nicer instrument panel, and some of the early issues (wind noise, etc.) are less prevalent in the later models.. I actually prefer the gray wood color myself, but I understand why you'd want your wood to LOOK like wood. The 2010 LS600 in your link has the nice matte-finished wood, which I do really like compared to the super-polished look.

As far as the LS600 vs the LS460, I'm a huge proponent of the 600. I've had both, and I definitely appreciate the fully loaded nature of the 600, along with the significantly better in-town fuel economy (I was getting 17-18 mpg with my 460, I'm getting 22 or so with my 600). The 600 is rarer, but does seem to depreciate a bit more (based on the 115K+ MSRP); of course, depreciation in this regard is to your favor as a buyer.

Good luck! Rick
I am a sucker for rarity.... won't lie about that

Even though I am not a blue car fan, I like that blue on that 600 looks different and more striking..

When I had my LS before, with the tan interior and wood color wood, everyone said it was old man's car. Now that I am a old man, I appreciate it more.

I have the dark grey in my other Lexus, and for that car it suits it fine, but mentally I think of the LS looking best with natural wood color (just a personal preference, no knock on the grey ).

Probably due to me growing up with my dad always having Brit cars and Jags with wood interiors...

I too prefer the matt finish, as you said. The polished can come off looking plasticky..

Thanks for the insight. Wife keeps saying, just wait a year, dump the other Lexus lease, and pick up a 2010-2011 600.

They are just so rare and good colors so hard to find....