LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Airforce struts and accuair manament set up ? Price?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-14, 12:42 AM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Putt
I have the Airrex setup in my LS and my bags do not make any popping noises. Airrexusa did my install. Ride quality is fine for me, similar to my prior setup of BC Racing coilovers w/ Swift springs that had the dampening adjustment turned almost full soft. This was a great setup for me. My Airrex struts are set at full soft
1Putt, I don't mean to put you on the spot but have you ridden in a LS460 with any other air setup to compare with? I'm sure there are plenty of people that got accustom to their setup but if they have nothing to compare with, then they don't really know with is better. A few years back, I had a GS with UAS and Teins, I love the ride quality....then I went on a ride with John from VIPstylecar.com on his Air Runner TC5 and the Air Runner was much better.
Old 08-11-14, 12:57 AM
is150
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AznRacer
This is about the 3rd thread Ive ask people standing up for airrex regarding to the bags making popping noises and I never got a answer.
Im not encouranging one brand or another, unless if was for the platinum VIP cup kit which I run.lol But check out the post #25 of this thread. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...pension-2.html Ive seen this explanation before on Airsociety too.
Old 08-11-14, 01:02 AM
1Putt
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Nat
1Putt, I don't mean to put you on the spot but have you ridden in a LS460 with any other air setup to compare with? I'm sure there are plenty of people that got accustom to their setup but if they have nothing to compare with, then they don't really know with is better. A few years back, I had a GS with UAS and Teins, I love the ride quality....then I went on a ride with John from VIPstylecar.com on his Air Runner TC5 and the Air Runner was much better.
Nat, no problem... no I have not ridden in a LS460 with another air setup. I am also not comparing my setup to any other air setup since I have no basis to do so. I am just stating my personal opinion on what I have. I come from having extensive experience in different cars with different brands of coilovers, so it is quite possible that I don't mind a little more tighter/stiffer ride than anything OEM-ish. Although I haven't rode in an AirRunner car, I've heard enough accounts and do believe that the ride quality is very nice and hard to beat comfort-wise. I suppose if my preferences change in the future, I know what struts I'll be switching to. Right now I'm fine though.
My original decision to go with Airrex was based primarily on cost, lead time and taking a chance to be a little different. Those were my priorities and risk threshold at the time, and funds were limited and needed to be allocated to other mods. Some may say its a bit short-sighted and I could have waited and saved so cost wasn't an issue; however, I wanted to be up on an air setup relatively quickly and be able to work in a custom install.

Last edited by 1Putt; 08-11-14 at 01:31 AM.
Old 08-11-14, 01:27 AM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

1Putt, yeah, it come down to personal preference. Some may like the ride to be more on the soft and plush side while other prefer the stiffer sporty feel.
Old 08-11-14, 01:35 AM
1Putt
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah just like people's choice of wheels, body kit I suppose. Thanks for providing the inspiration to keep moddin'