LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Airforce struts and accuair manament set up ? Price?

Old 07-31-14, 08:51 AM
AznRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by brianlin87
Considering Air Runner is from Japan and (if my memory serves me correctly) Air Force, D2, KSport are all from Taiwan, I would estimate it would take a similar amount of time (appx 2 months or so) if something needed to be special ordered for product support.

So as far as product support - nothing will come close to those like Accuair who are based here in the US.
The last I check I think air rex also comes from Taiwan. As for air management IMO ridetech and accuair are top on the lines. Both offers same functions and based here in the states.
Old 08-03-14, 05:24 PM
96zenki
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is someone on this forum that runs airforce suspension on his 460. I was hoping he could chime in on his experience as that's an amazing deal for a company that's been around for a while. I would consider that over airrunner for a 1500 saving.
Old 08-03-14, 07:28 PM
Tdvlexo
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 96zenki
There is someone on this forum that runs airforce suspension on his 460. I was hoping he could chime in on his experience as that's an amazing deal for a company that's been around for a while. I would consider that over airrunner for a 1500 saving.
Yes there is someone running airforce suspension, he goes by minnyminh on the forum. I've rode in his car and rides real low. Airforce are smooth, can't compare them to airrunner but as I stated they are smooth considering how low his daily ride height are. As for myself if I was on a budget I would get airforce suspension. I'm planning to put on jic coils on mine. This is going to be off topic but anyone know how the jic coilover with bags ride like?
Old 08-03-14, 10:38 PM
mlum808
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to let you know that AIRREX does not in any way make Air Force Struts.

D2 Airtekk Ksport and Air Force are all the same.

Originally Posted by Nat
I don't believe Accuair make struts. Air Force suspension is a rebranded Air Rex. I'm not saying Air Force or Air Rex are bad...I'm just saying that I personally do not enjoy the ride/comfort level they provide. I have ridden in Air Runner and Air Rex and base on my PERSONAL opinion, Air Runner is much more comfortable. Now, $3850 is a very good deal, but you have to decide what's more important...price or comfort? Air Runner will cost more but it's much more comfortable. Again, just my opinion...
Old 08-03-14, 10:40 PM
mlum808
Driver

D2 is taiwan brand but bags are made in China

Originally Posted by 1Putt
D2 is made in either Taiwan or China, I forget. But they are not made by Airrex although they look similar
Old 08-03-14, 10:44 PM
mlum808
Driver

Originally Posted by Nat
Brian is on point. Each Air Runner kit is R&D for each type of car. The rest as I know are somewhat universal. What I understand about Air Rex is that their struts can't handle the big body load of a LS460. My buddy has Air Rex on his NSX, with it's light body, the Air Rex performed very well. D2 might be well suited for a light body Subaru but putting it on a big body LS460 might end with a different result.

I have done many LS460 it rides stiffer than air runner does and does not have that floating feeling. Every Airrex kit is made for each cars specs. IF Dave was telling you guys it rides like crap. it was riding like crap becuase he had the front struts in the rear and rears in the fronts.

I dont know where you guys are getting info on Airrex. But Airrex Bags are made to handle 400psi. Air runner i beleive is only 120psi
Old 08-03-14, 10:50 PM
mlum808
Driver

Many of the Accuair parts is also made in taiwan!

Originally Posted by AznRacer
The last I check I think air rex also comes from Taiwan. As for air management IMO ridetech and accuair are top on the lines. Both offers same functions and based here in the states.
Old 08-04-14, 11:18 AM
brianlin87
Resident JDM Snob

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by mlum808
I have done many LS460 it rides stiffer than air runner does and does not have that floating feeling. Every Airrex kit is made for each cars specs. IF Dave was telling you guys it rides like crap. it was riding like crap becuase he had the front struts in the rear and rears in the fronts.
Marshall, I don't recall anyone ever stating that the Air Rex suspension rode like "crap". I think the pros/cons of every air suspension option available for this car ultimately just leads to affordability, then personal preference.

Personally, I have ridden in a few cars with Air Runner suspension, so I can't speak on behalf of any other company, but the ride was slightly too soft for me and the lack of dampening adjust-ability is why I ended up with the suspension I currently am riding on. In fact, the other day, I drove around the block with Shin from ACC in my car so he could feel the difference between my Aragosta Youzealand suspension vs. Air Runner as it was noticeably a bit stiffer.

Again, personal preference. To the OP - GL with your choice as it's obvious there are a lot of satisfied customers using various air suspension options.

Many of the Accuair parts is also made in taiwan!
I can attest that all VIAIR compressors are made in Taiwan since the owner is a family friend of mine. So, for all the people that might be apprehensive to use Taiwan-made products in their air suspension - I suggest you take a closer look at what compressor 99% of them are all using.
Old 08-05-14, 08:51 AM
Jump2man3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by fitted
It says is made my D2??
D2 is a good brand but yes. K2 / D2 / Airforce are one in the same. If u need more info dm me. I may be able to speak with my sponsors over at d2. And no accuair does not make struts. They sell D2 as of now.
Old 08-08-14, 11:10 PM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I dont know where you guys are getting info on Airrex. But Airrex Bags are made to handle 400psi. Air runner i beleive is only 120psi
Marshall, Dave didn't tell me his car ride like crap...I rode in it at BLOX so I can say that I did an apple to apple comparison since they are both LS460. Yes, Air Rex did not feel good compare to my Air Runner. I'll take your words for it that he had his struts reversed. I'll get another ride from Dave next time I see him and I can provide second opinion once he switch the struts.

I'm not an expert but I don't know any bags that can handle 400psi...won't it blow before hitting 400psi? As for Air Runner, it's more than 120 psi....cause I've put in 130+ and I'm 4-5 inches above the tires...I wouldn't imagine why I need to go higher.

Now, I'm not saying Air Runner is better, I can only give my opinion on what I've tried.
Old 08-08-14, 11:46 PM
AznRacer
Lexus Test Driver

I'm curious if airrex ever figure out what cause the popping noise coming from the bags when inflate and deflate? At one point I was considering to get airrex until I saw this issues
Old 08-09-14, 08:53 AM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I want to see you put 400 psi into a bag. You can't. Majority of the tanks out their aren't rated much higher than 200 psi. In order to get a bag to 400 psi you'd need at least that in your tank. At a certain point it'll just equalize. You'd probably blow out fittings before you even hit that number. So stating the rating means nothing to anyone who understands how it all works. Btw Thanks for the free airrex management I won at a raffle. I can't wait to use it on my...... nope can't think of anything. I'm selling that *****
Old 08-09-14, 08:24 PM
mlum808
Driver

Originally Posted by lbintab
I want to see you put 400 psi into a bag. You can't. Majority of the tanks out their aren't rated much higher than 200 psi. In order to get a bag to 400 psi you'd need at least that in your tank. At a certain point it'll just equalize. You'd probably blow out fittings before you even hit that number. So stating the rating means nothing to anyone who understands how it all works. Btw Thanks for the free airrex management I won at a raffle. I can't wait to use it on my...... nope can't think of anything. I'm selling that *****
Your welcome thank for supporting the event and all the money raised was donated to a school to buy school supplies for the kids

You should try it. it works very well but if you dont want to try it, sell it to Dell he won the struts..

Airrex manufactures there own bags and they could design there bag the way they wanted it. Other Manufacures just use someone elses bags.

The way airrex designed there bags is double the pressure of the Pressure switch and what the tanks can handle and the compressor rating that the 380x we use is also 200psi . Airrex uses a 200 Psi switch. SO they made sure the bags would handle that x2 for bellows. Will anyone ever hit that with any common system used in the cars, the Answer is no, but this gives airrex a more solid product knowing if you even put 200psi in it it wont blow.

This is the reason you dont have to release the PSI in bags with airrex if your jacking up your car.

Other system it really doesnt make any sence. they have a 150 or 175 psi switch and a compressor rated for 200psi or 150psi.. but the manufacure states not to go over 120 psi. Doesnt seem like a blanced fool proof system.
Old 08-10-14, 11:35 AM
AznRacer
Lexus Test Driver

This is about the 3rd thread Ive ask people standing up for airrex regarding to the bags making popping noises and I never got a answer.
Old 08-10-14, 09:08 PM
1Putt
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AznRacer
This is about the 3rd thread Ive ask people standing up for airrex regarding to the bags making popping noises and I never got a answer.
I have the Airrex setup in my LS and my bags do not make any popping noises. Airrexusa did my install. Ride quality is fine for me, similar to my prior setup of BC Racing coilovers w/ Swift springs that had the dampening adjustment turned almost full soft. This was a great setup for me. My Airrex struts are set at full soft

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Airforce struts and accuair manament set up ? Price?