LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Airforce struts and accuair manament set up ? Price?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-14, 04:52 PM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Brian is on point. Each Air Runner kit is R&D for each type of car. The rest as I know are somewhat universal. What I understand about Air Rex is that their struts can't handle the big body load of a LS460. My buddy has Air Rex on his NSX, with it's light body, the Air Rex performed very well. D2 might be well suited for a light body Subaru but putting it on a big body LS460 might end with a different result.
Old 07-29-14, 04:55 PM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Trbodynamx, just curious, what shop do you work for and why only 2 post after joining CL for 8 years?
Old 07-29-14, 05:34 PM
is150
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What is your overall budget? You planning on installing the kit yourself or having a shop install it?
Old 07-29-14, 07:34 PM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Not a bad price...i just don't know anyone that's run that setup on a 460. A guy in my car crew runs it in his 4 door Genesis. I haven't talked to him about the ride.
Old 07-30-14, 09:31 AM
Trbodynamx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey brianlin87,

This isn't actually my account. I just happened to have a buddy near me that holds an account, and I just happened to be reading the article.

Let me introduce myself. My name is Jesse. I have owned a side shop installing air suspension for roughly 15 years or so. I was the western regional sales manager for Air Lift Company for 3 years, and worked for sales for AccuAir Suspension for an additional 3. Now I'm back to my own business with BAGGEDLIFE.CO.

As for LS460's I kinda want to say I think I bagged the first or one of the first ones here in the states. If you google E-Shift Performance LS460 it should bring pics of a white LS with E-Shift front plate. This was built using Air Lifts universal struts. High Damp front with 5.5" DBL Bellow, and a high damp 4" tapered sleeve rear.

I would guess that most of the AirRunner kit's could be vehicle specific per for mounting purposes. But valving probably not. The smooth ride could be from the paper thin air springs that they use.

I see you give special thanks to Eddie over at Dynamic, he knows who I am and what I do. I used to bag the Tjin Edition cars, a few Rotiform cars, the Crooks and Castles 300te, and the list goes on. I do a lot of one off builds and custom struts.

Jesse
jesse@baggedlife.co
Old 07-30-14, 09:43 AM
fitted
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lbintab
Not a bad price...i just don't know anyone that's run that setup on a 460. A guy in my car crew runs it in his 4 door Genesis. I haven't talked to him about the ride.
What setup do you have on your Ls? And if you would can can ask how the ride is on the genesis ? Thxs
Old 07-30-14, 09:54 AM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by fitted
What setup do you have on your Ls? And if you would can can ask how the ride is on the genesis ? Thxs
Lbintab has Air Runner Basic set-up with Accuair. His ride is very comfortable as I've been in it before. As for James with the Air Force Genesis, his is comfortable as well.
Old 07-30-14, 10:02 AM
fitted
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Nat
Lbintab has Air Runner Basic set-up with Accuair. His ride is very comfortable as I've been in it before. As for James with the Air Force Genesis, his is comfortable as well.
Do you know if body weight of the genesis is the close to the LS? Thxs for the info!!
Old 07-30-14, 10:07 AM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

I believe it's almost the same...around the 4300 pound.
Old 07-30-14, 10:20 AM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Hit up CL member "mex lex", he's from Arizona and has a Air Runner LS460. Ask for a ride and see what it feels like. If you decide to get the Air Force, then at least the CL forum has something to compare with. At $3800, that's a very good deal for a air setup with Accuair management.
Old 07-30-14, 10:26 AM
fitted
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Nat
Hit up CL member "mex lex", he's from Arizona and has a Air Runner LS460. Ask for a ride and see what it feels like. If you decide to get the Air Force, then at least the CL forum has something to compare with. At $3800, that's a very good deal for a air setup with Accuair management.
Thxs !!! That helps a lot ..
Old 07-30-14, 10:37 AM
brianlin87
Resident JDM Snob

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Trbodynamx
Hey brianlin87,

Let me introduce myself. My name is Jesse. I have owned a side shop installing air suspension for roughly 15 years or so. I was the western regional sales manager for Air Lift Company for 3 years, and worked for sales for AccuAir Suspension for an additional 3. Now I'm back to my own business with BAGGEDLIFE.CO.

As for LS460's I kinda want to say I think I bagged the first or one of the first ones here in the states. If you google E-Shift Performance LS460 it should bring pics of a white LS with E-Shift front plate. This was built using Air Lifts universal struts. High Damp front with 5.5" DBL Bellow, and a high damp 4" tapered sleeve rear.

I would guess that most of the AirRunner kit's could be vehicle specific per for mounting purposes. But valving probably not. The smooth ride could be from the paper thin air springs that they use.

I see you give special thanks to Eddie over at Dynamic, he knows who I am and what I do. I used to bag the Tjin Edition cars, a few Rotiform cars, the Crooks and Castles 300te, and the list goes on. I do a lot of one off builds and custom struts.

Jesse
jesse@baggedlife.co
Definitely heard a lot about you Jesse. E-mail sent. Thanks for chiming in with some real knowledge.
Old 07-30-14, 02:34 PM
is150
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What's the product support for Air Force? Seems like there is a lot from the sellers of Air Runner, airrex, Zach at UAS, and of course Kennedy at platinum vip w/ the cup kits. Accuair is a solid choice for management, just not sure about Air Force, D2, or k sport.
Old 07-30-14, 09:14 PM
Emackny
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Trbodynamx
TWR is actually the manufacturer of D2 Racing's coil-overs and air suspension kits.

AirForce definitely isn't AirRex rebranded. AirForce has also been on the market a few years longer than AirREX.

As far as I know AccuAir doesn't have a contract with anyone to sell strut kits. They pair their products up with TWR/D2, UAS, and RideTech. I have actually ordered a few different kit's from these guys.

Can't say I am a huge fan of the AirRunner products. Insanely long lead time, insanely heavy parts, can't get replacement parts for months when needed. Way to overpriced...

I have been bagging cars for about 15 years now and it's all in how the car is set-up.
Interesting.. I've actually heard the same exact thing from an installer with years of experience.
Old 07-31-14, 08:04 AM
brianlin87
Resident JDM Snob

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by is150
What's the product support for Air Force? Seems like there is a lot from the sellers of Air Runner, airrex, Zach at UAS, and of course Kennedy at platinum vip w/ the cup kits. Accuair is a solid choice for management, just not sure about Air Force, D2, or k sport.
Considering Air Runner is from Japan and (if my memory serves me correctly) Air Force, D2, KSport are all from Taiwan, I would estimate it would take a similar amount of time (appx 2 months or so) if something needed to be special ordered for product support.

So as far as product support - nothing will come close to those like Accuair who are based here in the US.

Quick Reply: Airforce struts and accuair manament set up ? Price?