LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Another Newby - Car and Pricing Advice Needed

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-14, 02:45 PM
mbarron37
Advanced

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by riknchar
You can find the full Lexus service history via the My Lexus web site: https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...-lexus/home.do Just plug in the VIN and you should be able to see anything that has been done to the vehicle at a Lexus dealership.

It sounds to me like the car is priced about right, but there may be a bit of wiggle room. I was able to buy a Certified Pre-Owned 2011 LS460 AWD short wheel base model with 33K miles for $40,800 at my Lexus of Omaha dealer in April. Mine didn't have the Dynamic Radar, though, which is a great feature. Color can effect the price, also. Mine was the dark blue, which is one of the less desireable colors (according to a couple of the Lexus dealers I've worked with). Black, White, or Silver are the ones that get the highest prices.

The beauty of the car you're looking at is that it's still under full factory warranty (which takes away some of your concerns, I'd imagine), and you can buy the Platinum warranty from Troy for a great price.

I would definitely target a lower price (~$43K), but since the dealer just got the car, he may want to see who else is out there looking before taking a lower offer. You'll have to decide how much the car is worth to you at this point...

Good luck!
I did find the history on that website, thank you!

I put a deposit down on that car just now, so excited. They came down 1k only. I will hopefully have the car this weekend and I will post pics at that time.
Old 06-26-14, 06:06 AM
riknchar
Instructor

Received 227 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by mbarron37
I did find the history on that website, thank you!

I put a deposit down on that car just now, so excited. They came down 1k only. I will hopefully have the car this weekend and I will post pics at that time.
Congrats on your purchase! I'm sure you'll LOVE your new LS! I think you got a decent deal on the car, and if it's the one you want, it's all good!
Old 07-05-14, 05:55 AM
mbarron37
Advanced

Well still waiting on the car. I have a question as I don't know if the dealership is screwing with me or not. The reason I do not have the car yet is that the dealer states they are waiting for the title to come back from the registry. How long does this usually take? The previous owner traded the vehicle in on 6/24, I went and test drove the car on 6/25 and put a deposit down the following day. The previous owner had a loan out on the car which needed to be paid off, then the dealer was doing their thing with the registry. I was suppose to pick up the car last Sunday (6/29), then I got a call at the last minute that they forgot about payoff and title. Is this normal or is the dealer toying with me? I am in Massachusetts, so I'm not sure if titles are handled differently based on the state you reside. The dealer did say the car should be ready 'sometime this week'. In this day and age can't all registry work be done electronically? When I put the deposit down the dealer did not state anything about having to wait for the title. Also I got the check to buy the car which means the clock has already started on my loan. 1st payment due on 7/26.
Old 07-10-14, 01:41 PM
tdedden
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't understand why they didn't release the car to you regardless of title status, seems odd. If they couldn't release the car you bought they should offer a loaner since you probably already signed all of the paperwork.
Old 07-10-14, 05:37 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

It could be a legitimate title issue. If the previous owner of the car still had a loan on it then the lender's paperwork must be completed before they release title. Probably the lender - either slow or someone messed up.

Good point about the loaner, though - ask them for one - you've been very patient.
Old 07-10-14, 06:31 PM
mbarron37
Advanced

Originally Posted by sktn77a
It could be a legitimate title issue. If the previous owner of the car still had a loan on it then the lender's paperwork must be completed before they release title. Probably the lender - either slow or someone messed up.

Good point about the loaner, though - ask them for one - you've been very patient.
Yes, the previous owner did have a loan that the dealer needed to pay off, I called the Registry today and they stated they mailed the title this week. I should have my new ride by the weekend. I hope.