Fellow 460L owners! I've read many threads about the stock air ride on LS460L....... Me: I want to lower the car a few inches just to marry the fender and 22's. I've heard you can convert over to coilovers. Some say:
* lowering links with fooling the air system can work but is hard on the shocks and ride sucks.
* data system even though expensive and easy to install, still kills the oem shocks after awhile!
* some even say switch to aftermarket air ride, however , wouldn't that still throw off the factory sensors, if not, why can't I go coilovers if there's a way to bypass it!
Yes I've read many forums about all the above but follow ups, more install pics would be nice!
I'm just trying to keep it simple by lowering the car a few inches knowing the ride changes but I don't want man bewbies to be bouncing on the highways!!!! If anyone converted from oem air to coilover or know someone who has, can you please drop more justifiable knowledge on this topic. Deeply Appreciated!!!!
This ad is not displayed to registered members. Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Most that I know including myself have used data system. Seems to be the easiest resolution. I normally ride at normal height to not affect the suspension, and only lower during car meets, shows, or pics. Hope that helps.
2007 LS 460 L Obsidian
2005 Lexus RX 330 Millenium Silver
2001 Lexus GS 430 Millenium Silver (Sold)
1998 Lexus GS 400 Spectra Blue (R.I.P)
From what im getting from your post my suggestion would be to order a data system, i have one that i ordered from PS, and my car rides like factory lowered no bounce, you can make your adjustments on the fly at any time not to mention its the cheapest route to go that will give you the most bang for your buck. For as wear on your shocks unless you are riding hard slammed all the time i dont see that being a issue. Good luck on your decision keep us posted.
Appreciate the feedback!!! I am just trying to do my homework before making any changes. If anyone runs across a data system before I do and or know someone selling, please let me know. I will post in the wheel spec, etc when everything is mounted. Thanks again!
You have several options below to lower your car with no x-mas light below.
1. Datasystem (plug & play)
2. SSkit (will not impact your air ride comfort)
3. I just heard a well knowed racing company in JP just finished developing adjustable coilover suspension for the LEXUS LS460L USF41L US spec. It allow you to swap from air to coilover with no x-mas light. However, currently, is not available in US yet.
I will keep you update when it release in the US market.