Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the LS600h L model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the LS600h. Please use the main 4LS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation LS models.

2008 LS600hL in Chicago Area

Old 05-27-14, 09:05 AM
riknchar
Instructor

Received 227 Likes on 140 Posts
Default 2008 LS600hL in Chicago Area

Forum members: I've been looking for a nice LS600hL to upgrade to (from an LS460 AWD), and I located the following good looking candidate in the Chicago area:

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...71167479&Log=0

My main concern with this vehicle is that is would not come with any sort of warranty, since it's being sold by a VW dealer. I spoke with my local Lexus dealer, and they said they would contact the VW dealer directly and try to work a good deal on my behalf. They would then have the car shipped to Omaha, would put it through the Lexus certification process, and would work the entire trade-in deal for me. All of this sounds good, so long as the Chicago VW dealer is willing to "wholesale" the car out to Lexus of Omaha.

Anyway, doing this sort of thing long distance is somewhat scary, so I was looking for advice/thoguhts from the forum on 1) This sort of a deal, in general, and 2) This specific car (price, etc.).

From my research on CarFax and MyLexus.com, the car looks extremely promising. It was corporate owned in Indiana its entire life, and was regularly serviced by the Indianapolis Lexus Dealer. It has no reported accidents (although that doesn't mean all that much, I'm finding out).

Any thoughts on this deal?

Thanks!
Old 05-27-14, 09:07 AM
riknchar
Instructor

If any of you are either familiar with this specific car (I know there aren't that many LS600s around) or happen to be located in Chicago near the Autobarn VW dealer and don't mind checking the car out for me, I'd love to hear what you think. I WISH I could actually inspect the car before trying to work a long-distance deal!
Old 05-27-14, 09:13 AM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

Well, the VW dealer will lose a lot of money on the deal and the Lexus dealer will make it up! Unfortunately, living in the central states, you don't have a lot of choices or options.

What if the Lexus dealer gets it to Omaha and it can't be CPO'd for some reason?
Old 05-27-14, 11:55 AM
slimjimtel
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Are you dealing with Ryan Maher or Tony Zappia at Lexus of Omaha?

I purchased my LS600hL from them and I can tell you both were straight shooters and we're awesome through my entire purchase. I would think if they say they can do something, they will.
Old 05-27-14, 01:48 PM
riknchar
Instructor

Originally Posted by slimjimtel
Are you dealing with Ryan Maher or Tony Zappia at Lexus of Omaha?

I purchased my LS600hL from them and I can tell you both were straight shooters and we're awesome through my entire purchase. I would think if they say they can do something, they will.
I've been working with Ryan Maher. He seems like a pretty good guy, and I'd much rather purchase an LS600 CPO from Lexus of Omaha, since I already have a relationship with them and they know I'm likely to buy more cars from them in the future.

Of course, my other option is to simply get in my LS460 and make the drive to Chicago to work the best deal possible. There are at least 3 great 2008 LS600hLs to pick from currently for sale in the Chicago area (although only 1 is a CPO at the Lexus Dealer there). I have a feeling if I was actually in town, and could play all 3 dealers against one another, one of them would end up giving me one good price! I'm just uncomfortable buying an LS600 with no Lexus warranty attached...

Thanks for the validation that Ryan is a good guy!
Old 06-04-14, 12:50 PM
Greezy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Solid buy. Go for it and just buy a warranty from a Lexus dealership. You're looking at well over $40k by the time the car is actually in your driveway but it should definitely be worth it.