LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Rough Ride and Squeaks!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-14, 09:31 AM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Additional Photos showing the no longer existent rear suspension

Also had to remove the rear reclining seats to get to remove the strut top!
Attached Thumbnails Rough Ride and Squeaks!-img_0384.jpg   Rough Ride and Squeaks!-img_8470.jpg  
Old 06-10-14, 11:20 AM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Wow. No wonder it costs so much. Glad it was covered
Old 06-10-14, 09:22 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Great news..i am looking forward to how these repairs improve..the control arm replacement alone will be a noticeable improvement
Old 06-11-14, 06:11 AM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Great-ish news. . .CJITTY.

I drove through the lot last night and saw that my car was out there and sent the shop manager a text saying that the car looked done, and he was like "who told you that?"

I told him that i had seen the car outside and assumed it was finished! lol

He wrote back: "Extended warranty is coming out for a inspection tomorrow! There has been a big mix up and i will work with them tomorrow! Then let you know" To which I said "wth? now i'm worried."

His reply: "wrong buttons were pushed and the parts weren't approved yet! So we will be working backwards on the approval process"

So my car may be a day delayed getting back to me, but i can only hope that they replaced more than they were supposed to, (like entire suspension ), and eat the cost of the mistake and not bother fixing something they messed up with. . .idk. i'll keep everybody posted.
Old 06-11-14, 06:39 AM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

Well, they aren't going to take out the parts they already put in! Just tell them you need your car and they can do whatever they need to do to sort out their internal process without further inconveniencing you.
Old 06-11-14, 06:46 AM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Hold on to your chairs everybody!

And sktn77a i would never want to call you a liar, but here's this mornings response when i asked for an update: "I think they are going to make us put the parts back on the car and then test drive with them ?? I will update you when I know more"

To which i replied in disbelief and haven't heard anything else yet.
Old 06-11-14, 08:19 AM
Ascari_2
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by peteybabes
Hold on to your chairs everybody!

And sktn77a i would never want to call you a liar, but here's this mornings response when i asked for an update: "I think they are going to make us put the parts back on the car and then test drive with them ?? I will update you when I know more"

To which i replied in disbelief and haven't heard anything else yet.
What's the point of having Lexus techs if their diagnoses and their word cannot be trusted by Lexus?
Old 06-11-14, 09:28 AM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Well good news finally!

I just received text messages from the shop manager saying that no parts had to be removed, and everything stayed put. they are putting the car back together completely and will do a final test drive.

I think i'll be good for a pick up tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

i'll be sure to drop back in to report the ride in the next few days.
Old 06-11-14, 05:19 PM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

I got the car back with about 50 test miles on it or so and the ride is as follows:

Not as immediately smooth as i thought it would have been, but the car was absorbing the jarring bumps much better. the car seemed to be sitting higher and felt like it bounced a bit more with more side to side movement and body roll. I took to the highway, and the car certainly felt more floaty like the whole system was rebounding quicker which i'm sure is a good thing.

Note that all this was done in "comfort" mode which is where i had the original complaint. I'm hoping that the ride will continue to smooth out a bit more as the parts break in perhaps. somebody who has had this procedure done can tell me what to expect in the next few months I'm sure.

Oh and i should say, the total tab for work done came to $4351.14!! All covered under Platinum Warranty

Last edited by peteybabes; 06-11-14 at 05:23 PM.
Old 06-11-14, 05:37 PM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Wow. Good deal for you! Congrats.
Old 06-12-14, 04:47 AM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Two things i'm going to have to have looked at in the next week or two is the car now has very heavy steering like my dad's and brother's GS's, and now the car pulls to the left real bad. . .

I'm most surprised about the steering as it is all electronic, but the front steering rack has probably been all tightened up i'm sure.
Old 07-02-14, 04:19 AM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Just got the whole car re-aligned for free.

after this suspension work they basically put the car together and handed it back.

he had to adjust the caster and camber and toe on all four corners!
Old 07-02-14, 10:23 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Well that is good news. I recently had a large CPO repair bill that required an inspector to come out to approve..such BS. If you can't trust the techs or the lead svc mgr, then who can you trust from crying out loud?!?!?! From what I understand they literally show up to see the warning light was on with the code and approve the repair lol...I guess Lexus is in affordability mode like most companies. It's all good. That's why my CPO is providing me great piece of mind when my customer portion reads $0.00 on the invoice
Old 07-02-14, 11:26 AM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

You got that right about the nice feeling when you see the invoice, i have yet to own a CPO though.

I literally missed the CPO cut off by 2-3 months because the car's in-service date was in 2006!
Old 08-17-16, 02:38 AM
Deezie
Rookie

My car rear is sqeaking also sounds like struts i just got them replaced but I also have 24s in mine but the rear squeaks getting in and out of the car its like a chirp squeek

Quick Reply: Rough Ride and Squeaks!